Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

New Car
Posted 2010-07-21, 04:21 AM
I want to trade in my PoS Nissan Versa for something more sporty. What are your suggestions? Doesn't have to be a 2-door, actually prefer 4-door with power everything.

First thought is a Scion tC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-21, 12:22 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "New Car"
Quote:
actually prefer 4-door with power everything.

First thought is a Scion tC.
they don't make 4dr tCs.

do you have a price range? Are you going to take a negitive equity hit on your current vehicle? there are tons and tons of options out there, but need a little more guidance before you can have more help.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-07-21, 12:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "they don't make 4dr tCs. do you have..."
I know they don't make 4 door tC's, but that is a car I was interested in. My car is a 2010, last time we checked it didn't have a kbb value of trade in. An '09 was prices at 12000 trade in, and I owe about 14000.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-21, 12:59 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I know they don't make 4 door tC's, but..."
Okay so are you trying to stay under a certain money limit? The range of cars is ridiculously huge from 12k and under. Do you want something sporty as in speedy or as in looks? I'm a big fan of the SRT4 lines, the new Calibers are rated pretty high, and have a good bit of power to go along with the nice roomy design. The Mazda speed line, any model would be good.

I would recommend staying away from newer 03-05 350Z's and Infinity G35's as they start to fall apart around 100k from what i've heard personally.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-07-21, 06:53 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay so are you trying to stay under a..."
I am so fucking car stupid its not even funny. I like the import look (call me gay, idc). I hate long drawn out fuckin curves on vehicles, but, I also hate fucking boxes.. it just needs to look like it works. I prefer a manual transmission as driving an automatic is extremely boring.. I want power locks/windows... Radio doesn't matter as long as there is an AUX port.

Figure anything < $20,000

GT-R.JPG
Way out of my price-range, but a gorgeous vehicle.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2010-07-21 at 06:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-22, 11:06 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I am so fucking car stupid its not even..."
Mitsu Evo (fast, sporty, reliable)

http://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/la...005/index.html

2010 MazdaSpeed3

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/mazd...chlanding.html

Great little cars, sporty turbo. Good speed, and also reliable. May be a little out of your price range, but go down a couple years and the value has depleted right into your range.

2011 VW GTI
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2011/volk...l?setzip=32068

Note: these are all newer models, 07-09's are drastically cheaper.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-07-22, 01:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Mitsu Evo (fast, sporty, reliable) ..."
The Evo is almost exactly what I am looking for, as far as looks goes. I just need to get my hands on one!

Acceleration > Speed (imo)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-22, 02:16 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The Evo is almost exactly what I am..."
Maybe an older STI too, they're basically the same cars. AWD-Turbo little beasts. Good gas mileage too if you actually know how to cruise in boost without wasting gas.

Have you looked at the older Neon SRT4's? They've dropped dramatically in prices anywhere you look, 4dr little skittles with a great amount of speed.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-07-22, 03:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Maybe an older STI too, they're..."
My brother told me to look into sti or srt4.

Leaning towards sti.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-22, 03:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "My brother told me to look into sti or..."
If you get one, and keep maintenance up on either of them you'll be quite happy with your choice, both are well assembled machines and definitely have the power you'll want.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-07-24, 10:55 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "If you get one, and keep maintenance up..."
Does this website exist?

You put in a vehicle make, model, year.. and it shows you what that year model looked like?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-07-26, 02:16 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Does this website exist? You put in..."
Google? Edmunds.com? Are you asking of one?

You can even surf around Craigslist at the cars listed and manually look up the detailed specifications of each vehicle if you choose to after locating one you are interested in.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-07-29, 04:14 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Does this website exist? You put in..."
Wikipedia usually has photos to accompany each generation of a vehicle's ancestry. And I agree the Nissan GT-R is a beautiful machine, but I have some issues on them regarding that. Nothing relevant. And if you don't mind slightly older, you could grab a BMW Z3 or early Z4 for under 20 G's. Hell a C5 Corvette Z06 is about 20 - 23 grand, with a C6 base model (same horses, better looking) at the same price. As for imports, the Mazda RX-8 is sexy, but I don't know hardly anything on those rotary engines. I HEAR they are a bitch to maintain. Mitsubishi Eclipse can be had for under 20 grand, and comes with a V6 and about 265 horses. But since you are leaning towards the STi, I'd say hold out another year, because the 4-door STi is on the way.(right now only the STi wagon is available.) Plus the boxer engines are just beautiful when you open the exhaust a bit.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2010-07-29, 08:59 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Wikipedia usually has photos to..."
I am planning on paying off my credit card which will only help me in the long run, as well as hold my car for another 6 months. I've only had it for 6 months so far, so I guess they frown on that with new 10's. I also did manage to stumble upon wikipedia's pictures of the old models.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla