Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Calling all Christians:
Posted 2008-08-06, 01:12 PM
Prove to me God exists. If that's too hard, show me evidence that leads to this belief. If that's too hard: why do you believe in God?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-06, 01:49 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Calling all Christians:"
Proving that God exists is neigh impossible. It doesn't, however, stop the masses from having faith. I find it difficult to believe that the majority of the human population is wrong in believing that there is a higher being.

My question to you, though; Where would humanity be without faith?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-08-06, 04:46 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Proving that God exists is neigh..."
Most of Europe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-06, 04:52 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Calling all Christians:"
Technically, wouldn't this thread be more appropriately titled "Calling all Thiests:"

By calling Christians to come forth, instead of anyone who believes in a god of sorts is acknowledging only only god. To me, this says to me that you know and believe in God, you're just too afraid or proud to realize it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-08-06, 06:56 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Calling all Christians:"
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Prove to me God exists. If that's too hard, show me evidence that leads to this belief. If that's too hard: why do you believe in God?
You can wait 'till you die, then you'll know for sure that he exists or not based on what happens. If you're impatient, commit suicide. Simple as that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-07, 08:25 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Proving that God exists is neigh..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Proving that God exists is neigh impossible. It doesn't, however, stop the masses from having faith. I find it difficult to believe that the majority of the human population is wrong in believing that there is a higher being.

My question to you, though; Where would humanity be without faith?
I don't find it difficult to believe people that a lot of people believe in a higher being. We, as humans, have so many questions that we'll never find the answer to, at least not in this lifetime. In some people's minds, it makes sense that there must be some ultimate reason as to why this world exists; enter the God theory. But most humans are dumb. You're right Jessifer, faith can be a good thing. I'd say religion helps convicts in prison reform their lives to be a better human being. I'm all for that. That's all I hear though, religion is based on faith, but I am a very cynical person. Show me the cold hard facts and you'll make me a believer. I am a realist. I do not have faith in humanity, let alone in God. If we're not careful, humans are going to wipe out all life forms on this planet if something isn't done.

Wed G said:
Technically, wouldn't this thread be more appropriately titled "Calling all Thiests:"

By calling Christians to come forth, instead of anyone who believes in a god of sorts is acknowledging only only god. To me, this says to me that you know and believe in God, you're just too afraid or proud to realize it
Then change the thread title if you must, I suppose it makes more sense that way.

You're wrong in your assessment, though. I was born and raised a very religious person. I went to church every Sunday, and even went to youth group every Wednesday. Now that I am older and can form opinions for myself instead of believing everything my parents tell me, I have changed my belief.

Wallow said:
You can wait 'till you die, then you'll know for sure that he exists or not based on what happens. If you're impatient, commit suicide. Simple as that
LOL. I ask people to bring evidence or facts leading to the conclusion that a "God" exists and you come up with that? Please do not enter this thread again until you can come up with something better, retard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-07, 09:14 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't find it difficult to believe..."
I believe, but I'm not foolish enough to demand physical evidence because physical evidence, in my opinion, doesn't exist. I'm also not foolish enough to say something along the lines of "Look around you, everything that exists is proof enough there is a higher being." Even I think that's BS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-08-07, 08:25 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I believe, but I'm not foolish enough..."
It is bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-08, 06:38 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It is bullshit."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
It is bullshit.
Care to elaborate a little bit more?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-08, 10:16 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Care to elaborate a little bit more?"
The argument "look around you and blah blah" isn't bullshit to you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-08, 10:28 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "The argument "look around you and blah..."
Well of course it is. I just didn't know what you were calling bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-08, 10:37 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well of course it is. I just didn't..."
He was agreeing with the fact that I thought it was BS. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-08-08, 07:56 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Calling all Christians:"
Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has he not made his presence around you painfully obvious. Tell me, if God does not exist, how is it that you are here? You don't happen to believe in that old hoots theory of eviloution do you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hovind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhovind is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hovind

Posted 2008-08-09, 04:08 PM in reply to hovind's post starting "Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has..."
He probably believes in evolution (in fact, I'm 110% sure he does).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-09, 07:25 PM in reply to hovind's post starting "Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has..."
hovind said: [Goto]
Isn't it obvious that God made us?
No it's not. Hence the question Thanatos asked eariler see his first post.

Has he not made his presence around you painfully obvious.
Now I know they say there are no stupid questions but after seeing this one I must respectfully disagree.

Tell me, if God does not exist, how is it that you are here?
Heard of evolution? Oh you have. Then I must once again say, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

You don't happen to believe in that old hoots theory of eviloution do you?
Yet another redundant question. Seriously your like my stupid father who points out the obvious and asks questions he already knows the answer to. For your own good stop. Stop while you are still able to post without being flamed. Being this stupid with english implores people not to listen or care about what you say.

Also it's spelled evolution. Keep it up and you will actually get flamed 24/7 for having no intelligence by everyone. Your opinion should not affect proper niceties such as grammar. That is how ebonics was born. The world can deal with ebonics but it will not tolerate big ball american hick speech.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-08-09, 08:06 PM in reply to hovind's post starting "Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has..."
If you're going to respond to questions with questions, please be sure the questions you ask have valid grounds.

Aside from the bible, which was not written by the hand of God himself but by the hands of many men (Some of whom, if I remember correctly, were considered heretics in their time. Alas, I cannot name names unfortunately. I could also be wrong in that aspect as well, however. I digress...) over a large span of time, there is no physical evidence that God is our creator. For many people the saying goes "Seeing is Believing".

I'll give you an example of how to counter one question with another:

Your question - Has he not made his presence around you painfully obvious.

My question - If God has made his presence "painfully obvious" as you put it, to the world, would we honestly be having this discussion?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-08-09, 08:24 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "No it's not. Hence the question..."
He intentionally spells it as "Evilution" because he views evolution as evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-08-10, 02:40 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Calling all Christians:"
This is something that I read somewhere:

"For those who believe in God,
No explanation is necessary;
For those who do not believe in God,
No explanation is possible."

I sort of agree with this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-08-11, 08:10 AM in reply to hovind's post starting "Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has..."
Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has he not made his presence around you painfully obvious.
He sure hasn't. Can you provide instances where it is 'painfully obvious' God exists? If God existed, why has he left man in the dark about his existence? Why is he allowing people to go to war and die over the possibility that he could be real? A real God could exhibit himself clearly to all men and have all men following his will to the last letter without a doubt or a slip.

hovind said:
Tell me, if God does not exist, how is it that you are here? You don't happen to believe in that old hoots theory of eviloution do you?
Pretty much. Science > Religion. Since you're new here and I don't know you really, I'm going to assume your a devout Christian to come at me with arguments like this and since you're a devout Christian, you take the bible as absolute fact, right? Tell me why there are so many contradictions in the bible. Tell me how a single man and his family was able to gather up two of every animal in the entire world and fit them on a boat to wait out a storm that lasted 40 days and 40 nights. Some stories in the bible (that's really all they are - stories) make absolutely no sense and cannot possibly be taken as fact.

MidnightsCorus said:
"For those who believe in God,
No explanation is necessary;
For those who do not believe in God,
No explanation is possible."

I sort of agree with this.
That's such a copout. The fact is, Theists can give no proof leading to His existence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-11, 08:26 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "He sure hasn't. Can you provide..."
Thanatos said:
Theists can give no proof leading to His existence.
Faith isn't about proof.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus