Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2009-11-18, 08:10 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Meh, if you guys were as good at Halo..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Meh, if you guys were as good at Halo as I am you'd think differently.
I was going to say this but you beat me to the punch line.

I like COD multiplayer, but i feel like there are too many variables (perks, etc) that give you an advantage / disadvantage against each and every player. In Halo, this is not the case. Everyone has the same shield and weapon at the start, which means you just have to get better (not expect some perk / weapon upgrade / etc. can save your lousy ass).

I will admit though, i stopped playing Halo all together because COD's campaign is out of control
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2009-11-20, 06:12 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I was going to say this but you beat me..."
gruesomeBODY said: [Goto]
I was going to say this but you beat me to the punch line.

I like COD multiplayer, but i feel like there are too many variables (perks, etc) that give you an advantage / disadvantage against each and every player. In Halo, this is not the case. Everyone has the same shield and weapon at the start, which means you just have to get better (not expect some perk / weapon upgrade / etc. can save your lousy ass).

I will admit though, i stopped playing Halo all together because COD's campaign is out of control
I obviously like Halo, and definitely more than the COD series, but right now Halo is getting old. It's pretty much been the same formula since day one, which is approaching about 10 years ago. And starting with the same weapon all the time(the BR as it seems nowadays) gets old. Getting booted from games from accidentally running someone over gets old. Laggy games because the majority of players are young teenage kids that play on the slowest internet because that's all their parents will pay for gets old. And listening to the kids themselves with their high pitch voices and sad attempts a shit talking gets old(Although there are still stupid parents who bought their kids COD, the percentage is much much less(say 20% compared to Halo's 85%). So right now, while I do still like Halo, I'm just getting a breath of fresh air.

:EDIT:
Oh ya and the campaign of Modern Warfare 2 is garbage in my opinion. It does have so far what seems to be an intriguing storyline, but the gameplay is terrible. Most of the levels so far have been a small squad of 6 or so takes out a Brigade's worth of enemy soldiers in the most non-tactical way possible. The AI is horrendous to boot. Sure the enemies use cover somewhat..... but that's about the extent of it really.

Last edited by S2 AM; 2009-11-21 at 03:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-11-25, 02:45 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I obviously like Halo, and definitely..."
This game might be the reason I go out and splurge on a 360, finally.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-25, 06:17 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This game might be the reason I go out..."
It's awesome, no doubt about it. I'm going to start logging some serious hours with that game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-11-26, 09:39 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "It's awesome, no doubt about it. I'm..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
It's awesome, no doubt about it. I'm going to start logging some serious hours with that game.
Me and Jake play this all the time (Hurtloko, Petey and Ketchup play as well on occassion).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2009-11-26, 02:02 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Me and Jake play this all the time..."
Everytime I see you on Live, you're still playing Halo 3!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-12-07, 03:56 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Everytime I see you on Live, you're..."
I think MW2 promotes camping a little more, but i think they did a great job in making the game feel different. Adding in automatic weapons and shotguns as sidearms is amazing, and people running around duel wielding also changes things a lot. Overall I like the multiplayer, and my god thermal sniper is amazing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2009-12-08, 08:59 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I think MW2 promotes camping a little..."
How much of the campaign have you done?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-12-09, 09:24 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Me and Jake play this all the time..."
gruesomeBODY said: [Goto]
Me and Jake play this all the time (Hurtloko, Petey and Ketchup play as well on occassion).
Man those people you guys play with must have no life or job. I mean I don't usually insult people who play games since I just reached level 70 a few days ago and in my opinion I play way too much. There were actually people we were playing with that had prestiged twice and were about to do it a third time already. Even if you're amazing and earn loads of experience each match, you pretty much have to have been playing a great number of hours every day since release to already be that far along.

I think I'm gonna stay level 70 and enjoy all the weapons I've unlocked. Maybe I'll prestige later, but for now I don't want to be matched up with people like we played with about a week ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-12-10, 04:14 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Man those people you guys play with..."
Smith, what is your Gamertag now then? I've been playing a decent amount but you're never under your old name. Friend me at Titusfied fool!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-12-10, 03:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Smith, what is your Gamertag now then? ..."
Smith, what is your Gamertag now then? I've been playing a decent amount but you're never under your old name. Friend me at Titusfied fool!
Titusfied or Titusfiedfool?

Mine's "ScribJellyDonut" I won't be playing at all until exactly 12:05 Dec. 17, the day when my last final is over. I actually had my GF take my copy of the game with her so I wouldn't play it lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2009-12-10, 05:33 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Titusfied or Titusfiedfool? :p ..."
Shit, I had that on my Friend's List before! What, you take me off your list punk?!?!?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-12-10, 06:21 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Shit, I had that on my Friend's List..."
Shit, I had that on my Friend's List before! What, you take me off your list punk?!?!?!
I didn't take you off mine
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2009-12-13, 05:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "How much of the campaign have you done?"
D3V said: [Goto]
How much of the campaign have you done?
I completed all of it. It was rather short and I would say it is not as good as the original in the campaign. The multiplayer pisses me off a lot more than the original, but it is still fun as hell.

my gamertag is madmarttigan if any of you bums want to bug me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113