Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

should i get stiches?
Posted 2008-03-15, 09:16 PM
i got a bad cut. cant get a good pic, but heres an attempt.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...8veg/hand1.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...8veg/hand2.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...8veg/hand3.jpg
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-15, 09:30 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Chatbox Converse

[20:22] Chruser: Why did you choose to cut yourself?
[20:22] Chruser: Looks pretty deep. You should get it checked out.
[20:24] Chruser: Even shallow wounds can result in infections, and in combination with hematophobia (fear of blood), things can turn out pretty severe.
[20:25] Goodlookinguy: The're all pretty blury, but that looks pretty nasty. I wouldn't get stitches for it, but defiantly get some hydrogen proxocide on it, then neosporin and bandage. (I don't know how to spell those words, don't bash me)
[20:25] Chruser: I've seen a few guys get dizzy, ill or even faint on several occasions from more shallow wounds than that.
[20:26] Goodlookinguy: Chruser, do you have a fear of blood?
[20:27] Chruser: No.
[20:27] Goodlookinguy: For a moment I thought you might have because you knew a bit about that.
[20:28] Chruser: I spend a lot of time in a workshop these days.
[20:28] talentedhamster: i didnt do it on purpose!
[20:28] Chruser: People occasionally get injured there.
[20:28] talentedhamster: why did that take so long
[20:29] talentedhamster: ok so you konw how telephone poles have like shit sticking out of the
[20:30] Chruser: I live in a third-world country without telephones.
[20:31] Goodlookinguy: the...
[20:31] talentedhamster: them*
[20:31] talentedhamster: well i was spinning like a retard and backhanded it
[20:31] talentedhamster: it didnt hurt that bad, then i looked at it
[20:32] Goodlookinguy: Well it still doesn't really seem that bad to me.
[20:32] Goodlookinguy: I got my head cracked open though.
[20:32] talentedhamster: its mad deep
[20:32] Goodlookinguy: So, maybe that's why.
[20:32] talentedhamster: its hard to get a picture cause its my right hand
[20:33] talentedhamster: it looks so nasty
[20:33] talentedhamster: but it looked alot worse when it happened. i was screaming and hysterically crying
[20:34] talentedhamster: serously i never flipped out that bad before
[20:36] Goodlookinguy: I say just use some rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide and then neosporin with a bandage, and you should be set.
[20:37] talentedhamster: i did
[20:37] talentedhamster: its still bleeding
[20:37] talentedhamster: it happened around 5 my time
[20:45] Goodlookinguy: Hmm...maybe should lift it into the air, then hold your wrist to prevent blood circulation. Wait until it stops do the steps mentioned above, and it should start to heal.
-----
Updated Chat Log

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-03-16 at 02:13 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-15, 09:56 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Doesn't look too good. What have your parents suggested? It may be wise to go to the ER if it is still bleeding.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-15, 09:59 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Quote:
However, you should seek medical advice from your GP or NHS walk-in centre if:

* the bleeding does not stop after 10 minutes of applying pressure,
* there is a chance that nerves or tendons have been affected,
* something is embedded within the cut,
* the cut occurred as a result of an animal or human bite, or was punctured by any other object that may cause infection, or
* the cut involves the mouth, face, hand or genitals.
So yes, it's on your hand, get stitches.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-16, 01:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So yes, it's on your hand, get stitches."
They won't stitch it if your didn't immediatly go in there, you will get it cleaned butterfly bandages, maybe tetnis(sp) shot and antibiotics.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-16, 03:31 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Shoulda gone. You're going to have one nasty looking scar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-16, 08:57 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Shoulda gone. You're going to have one..."
its still bleeding a little, nothing major. i had my tetnis shot last year or 2 years ago so i'm good with that. is it really too late to get some?
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-16, 10:52 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "its still bleeding a little, nothing..."
I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not they only do stitches right off. Some people say, if you DONT get stitches, you'll HAVE to get stitches anyway when it doesn't heal up.

I say go get stitches, or at least go to the doctor. Otherwise, it might not heal, it will likely get infected, and you'll have one hell of a scar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-16, 10:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard conflicting stories about..."
IF it still oozing yes, you need medical attention. If you are at all prone to infection if that gets infected it could be pretty painful.

Also KA, that will heal in this case stitches would have only helped prevent a scar.

I get cuts gouges and scrapes like that pretty regularly, I only get stitches if it's on my head, anywhere else I just clean it and close it with those stitch bandages things..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-03-16 at 10:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-16, 02:31 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "IF it still oozing yes, you need..."
Adrenachrome said:
Also KA, that will heal in this case stitches would have only helped prevent a scar.
Stitches leave their own nasty scar for you to look at all day. I have had a cut that bad and not gotten a scar.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-16, 02:56 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Stitches leave their own nasty scar for..."
I've had my chin busted where I had to get stitches and my head busted open, where they gave me something I can't think of, but was very much like stitches. On my head in the middle where I busted it, there is a small string-like bump, and the same on my chin. It really isn't that bad.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-16, 05:17 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Ouch. That looks bad, get it checked out. I thought me peeling my thumb instead of a potato yesterday was bad.

You should get stitches. I had a knife close on my pinky finger once and stitches really help it heal, and they shouldn't leave too bad of a scar. Also it's your hand, and there is some intricate shit in there - I recently memorized all the muscles and tendons via art studies. You don't want any of those things messed up.

They might have stapled your head GLG XD

:< hope it heals soon and isn't too bad

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-03-16 at 05:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-16, 05:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Ouch. That looks bad, get it checked..."
Atnas said:
They might have stapled your head GLG XD
Aw! That's what was, staples. Thank you Atnas.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-16, 09:26 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post "should i get stiches?"
Step 1. Don't get medical advice on an inactive gaming forum.
Step 2. That looks like it's into the meat. Seek medical attention.
Step 3. Profit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-17, 06:24 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Step 1. Don't get medical advice on an..."
it looks alot better today, but it hurts alottttttt and i think its getting infeccted
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-17, 07:06 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "it looks alot better today, but it..."
Keep neosporin on it, or some sort of triple antibotic. Of course, if there is purple markings around the wound or swelling you probably should go to the doctors, or a walk in clinic and have them give you some better antibiotics.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-17, 12:25 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "it looks alot better today, but it..."
There's a good possibility it'll scar. A gash that deep even with stitches can easily scar. You're gonna look like you've been knife fighting .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-17, 12:44 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "There's a good possibility it'll scar. ..."

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-17, 01:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/..."
Will do. I'm just saying ...I had a gash not as deep as that that I got on my face and it scarred.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-17, 02:05 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Will do. I'm just saying ...I had a..."
Saturate the cut in a salt water/vinegar solution.

Your hand will be healed and feeling great in no time!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-