Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

James's Review: Passion of the Christ
Posted 2004-03-15, 10:04 PM
The Passion of the Christ

Well, I finally saw it about an hour ago, and my mind is still mixing around with emocians with the movie, so right now, i'll state some smaller phrases which come out when describing the movie.

Beautiful. Graphic. Emocianal.

Yep. Anywho, on with the review..

The directing and cinematography in this movie were excellent! The whole movie was like a giant painting. It was phenominal how they could use the truely express their emocians. Very nice, overall..Some of the best cinematography I have seen in a movie.

The acting was top notch! I can't say that there is a single flaw in any of the acting. I mean, I can't believe how well this was casted. Very nice. They all did very well in portraying their charictor.

Now, for the nuts and bolts of it:

This movie is very graphic, not violent as much..just graphic. I like to think that I am desensitized pretty much, but some of these scenes made even me flinch. The flogging scene was very well done, graphic and all, but I loved how he (Mel Gibson) protrayed it. When he was being nailed into the cross, they backed off a little, and I am very glad they did. You saw the nail going into his hands, but not at its full brutalness. I was happy with their overall judgement on how far they should push the envelope.

Ok. I can see why some could view this as "Anti-Semetic". But in the end, the Jewish people end up helping Jesus while carrying the cross to the top of the hill. It wasn't like Mel Gibson was deleberatly wanting people to hate Jews, it is what actually happened (Well, that is what I believe, I am a Christian. Some may think otherwise)

So, with its beautiful direction and cinematography, awesome acting, and not-over-the-top gore...I would rate this movie a solid:

9/10

This movie had some very moving areas, and flashbacks worked very well, to slow the pace, and allow the viewer to take a break from the torture of Jesus. When I left the theatre, my legs were shaking.

Oh yes, and all dialogue is spoken in Aramaic. So, everything is in subtitles, but I actually really liked it like that. It gave it so much more authenticity, and really sent you into the film.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-15, 11:02 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "James's Review: Passion of the Christ"
*emotional*
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:04 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "*emotional* ;)"
Yeeeah, I can't spell. :\

Also, I forgot to add, that Satan appears in the movie, and that was also very well done. So......evil.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:02 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Yeeeah, I can't spell. :\ Also, I..."
wow they acually have satan in the movie. I think im going to go check this movie out. Here at the movie theater they had a shit load of bible huggers there passing out flyiers saying stupid shit and trying to get people to join there chruch. This was on the opening day of that movie. Kinda weird
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:07 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "wow they acually have satan in the..."
I actually haven't seen this movie yet, which is still pissing me off. I will definitely see it this weekend, after my finals are over with. I've actually heard about parts of this movie though. On the topic of Satan being in this movie: (*Slight Spoiler below*)

From what I've heard, Satan was portrayed as a woman in the movie, and that was one of the main controversies with the movie. Of course, you have all the women's rights groups writing countless letters, etc. all pissed that they wer being portrayed this way, but I don't think Mel had any underlying themes involved with it, that is just the way he envisioned it.

Either way, I can't wait to see it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:36 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I actually haven't seen this movie yet,..."
Poor devil woman.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-16, 06:19 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Poor devil woman."
They picked a pretty freaky ass satan. You guys see the huge baby? That the anti-christ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-03-16, 06:33 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "They picked a pretty freaky ass satan...."
Holy, I know. The devil woman is haunting my dreams... And when Jesus is being whipped, she looks so evil! Yeah, and plus that deformed baby was the most disturbing thing in the movie, in my opinon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:38 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I actually haven't seen this movie yet,..."
SPOILER?: Just a note, I don't think that the Devil was a woman. Yeah, he looked like a woman, but at the end, he was bald And he had an Adam's Apple (at least I thought so when i looked) but most of this was taken after the Doulores Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ which records visions of some Nuns. You can read this online. Google, yahoo, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-03-17, 01:25 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "SPOILER?: Just a note, I don't think..."
Naa, in the credits it was played as a woman. It confused me, though. I could swear for the longest time that it was a man.

Apparently, they shaved her eyebrows to make her look even more evil. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-19, 07:24 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Naa, in the credits it was played as a..."
I have heard alot about this movie, I think Ill wait for dvd.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2004-03-20, 05:41 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Naa, in the credits it was played as a..."
Wow.. I had no clue that that was a woman. I don't want to be rude, but what an ugly woman.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-21, 07:57 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Wow.. I had no clue that that was a..."
EDIT .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picpassionofthechrist.jpg (19.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg passion-gibson.jpg (41.4 KB, 4 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-21, 08:50 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "EDIT ."
I saw what you wrote, Satan worshipper!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-03-22, 12:16 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I saw what you wrote, Satan worshipper!"
:P

Well, I was going to post some pictures from the movie, but it didn't work out.

Oh yeah, and shhhhhhhh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-04-18, 03:10 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting ":P Well, I was going to post some..."
wut did he write! !!! HUrry plz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-04-18, 03:13 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "wut did he write! !!! HUrry plz?"
Wht the fuck... why did you dig up a montyh old thread to spew that shit into it.

Closed

Dont do it again, unless you have something pertanent to add.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign