Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

In need of serious life help
Posted 2008-07-28, 10:59 PM
Im 19 unemployed about to not make rent and i have no idea what i need to do in life. Career aptitude tests just dont cut it. I cant work at burger king or mcdonalds i wont make enough...

What im looking for.

-Stable environment, no nagging asshat hanging over my head
-PAY! It doesnt need to be amazing, but it should be able to support a family

Experience

-Customer Server (about 5 years)
-Construction (about 2 years)

Obviously i need some college, but idk how i would pay for it at this moment. I desperately need to get my head on straight and figure out my next move.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-07-28, 11:06 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "In need of serious life help"
Apply at a retailer. Make a bunch of money, save up, and possibly go to college. It's a step up from fast food.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-29, 07:16 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Apply at a retailer. Make a bunch of..."
Eh, I'd skip out on the retailer since you have construction experience. What type of construction? Just general labor? There's definitely more money to be made in the construction business. Try to get an apprenticeship and learn a trade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-29, 07:31 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "In need of serious life help"
Been in your shoes, man. Just check craigslist.org and the local newspaper for jobs. It's all that you can really do in your position.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-29, 07:43 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Been in your shoes, man. Just check..."
Also try careerbuilder.com - I've found jobs through there before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-29, 08:51 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "In need of serious life help"
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Im 19 unemployed about to not make rent and i have no idea what i need to do in life.

Although it is no direct solution to anything, establishing your Meyer-Briggs type indicator will show you what people alike yourself generally prefer to with their lives; career-wise and whatnot.

More info (and links to three different tests) can be found in this thread: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42925
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-07-29 at 08:55 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-07-29, 11:23 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Although it is no direct solution to..."
thanks chruser

As for construction experience i can operate most all equipment, ive run it all except scarpers and water pulls. I also have some survey experience. The only issue i have with construction is the job before my last i was a Surveyor for several construction company's. I was laid off do to the drop in demand for surveying. Then i got on with my dad where he worked in construction and i was laid off from there not long ago.

What about waiter? is anyone a waiter and know if working full time is capable of making enough?... ima go check chrusers link now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-07-29, 11:37 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "thanks chruser As for construction..."
You could be a Zelaron defender like me. (Look at sig)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-07-29, 11:38 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "You could be a Zelaron defender like..."
whats the pay? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-07-29, 12:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "whats the pay? lol"
He's talkinga bout the army. You can make really decently if you're in combat, and in general it's good because they pay for housing. So you can be putting almost all of it in the bank .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-29, 12:29 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "He's talkinga bout the army. You can..."
Also, there is this thing called the GI Bill, if you're interested in college.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-29, 09:19 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Also, there is this thing called the GI..."
thing is with the war right now i dont wanna join the military and end up going. i dont love this country that much... i looked into the airforce but their starting pay is like 8 bucks an hour.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-07-29, 09:26 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "thing is with the war right now i dont..."
You have to look at it this way: With the military that 8 bucks an hour goes a long way. You don't have to pay for food if you like theirs, or housing. And honestly you can find most of what you want on base so you don't even have to have a car. And as you ascend ranks (and if you get combat pay) you get paid good money. The odds of getting injured are decent, but of dying is really low.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-29, 10:54 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "You have to look at it this way: With..."
Plus, after 20 years you get a nice pension. My dad (22 year veteran) was unemployed for 5 years while he went back to school, and it didn't really show financially.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-30, 10:14 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Plus, after 20 years you get a nice..."
The army usually takes care of its people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:45 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "The army usually takes care of its..."
KJ you should join the army bro .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-30, 02:25 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "KJ you should join the army bro ;)."
I wanted to join the Airforce.. but I think my police record is too long.

Maybe I'll join the army..

But fuck the navy. I refuse to be on a boat for months with a bunch of men. *shudders*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-30, 02:28 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I wanted to join the Airforce.. but I..."
i want to go into the airforce ive herd its a lot easyer that all the others
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-30, 02:32 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i want to go into the airforce ive herd..."
Physically easier, yes.

But you've got to have the brains to get atleast 36 points on the ASVAB.

And if you haven't graduated high school, they most likely won't take you. If you have you're GED, you have to score atleast a 65.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-30, 02:34 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Physically easier, yes. But you've..."
im going through rotc
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123