Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Is there really something up there?
Posted 2005-01-05, 01:48 PM
Is there really something up there?
The brother of my grandma has been a missionary all his life, he started it when he was 22.
Now, he is 79 years old, he got back to Holland(where he lives) 5 years ago.
For 3 years he has been suffering from an uncurable desease.
Now , it is certain that he will die within 3 months. You might think, what's wrong with that, a peacefull death? No. He will suffocate.
Now, he also got cancer, on top of the other desease...
Doctors give him morfin against the pain. You would say, why not kill yourself?
That is completely out of the question, because he is catholic, and it's against god's will to kill yourself. "Suffering is also a part of life".
Then I wonder, for over 50 years he's been working in Africa, with only 1 purpose in his life: God. Now , after those 50 years, he's bound to die a most aganising death. Then I wonder, is there really someone up there?

Over 100 000 deaths in Asia, the number rises on daily bases.
What could humanity have done so wrong to justify this?
If there is any part of the world that maybe would deserve anything like that , it's Northern Europe. Look at Holland, Belgium, France, Germany.
In those country's not even 25% of the people living these go to a church once a year.(including me) If there is any region that should be "punished", it should be Northern Europe.

Give your opinion about this...

I do not intend to hurt anyone's feelings , I just want to discuss this topic.

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2005-01-05 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Link removed; subject quoted from linked forum
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2005-01-05, 03:05 PM in reply to Death's post "Is there really something up there?"
Yay, it's the 53,591'th thread asking "do you believe in God."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-01-05, 04:44 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Yay, it's the 53,591'th thread asking..."
This topic has been exhausted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2005-01-05, 05:02 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "This topic has been exhausted."
I don't believe in anything up there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-01-05, 05:47 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Yay, it's the 53,591'th thread asking..."
eh, I believe a single supreme, just being. Just not the God we're used to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:24 PM in reply to Death's post "Is there really something up there?"
I do believe there is something up there. I undeniably defy Him everyday, so I'm fucked. Hooray.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:29 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I do believe there is something up..."
that's always fun, isn't it?

But there's so many variations of God, it's hard to know what or who is right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:30 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "that's always fun, isn't it? But..."
KagomJack said:
that's always fun, isn't it?

But there's so many variations of God, it's hard to know what or who is right.
The one who hates people that aren't straight is the right god!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:31 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "The one who hates people that aren't..."
And of course, I would've expected that remark from someone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:34 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "And of course, I would've expected that..."
Like YOUR PARENTS?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:38 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Like YOUR PARENTS?"
zing!

More like from you, KA, or someone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:42 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "zing! More like from you, KA, or..."
I knew sum1 was gonna say sumthin like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
i_screwed_ur_ma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeni_screwed_ur_ma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

i_screwed_ur_ma

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:44 PM in reply to i_screwed_ur_ma's post starting "I knew sum1 was gonna say sumthin like..."
It's to be expected. A year ago, I'd have been whining and bitching about it, but now I don't even bother to care. They'll say what they want and there's nothing I can do about it. So I try to have some fun with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 06:56 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It's to be expected. A year ago, I'd..."
I think organized religion has really messed up people's image of God.. especially Catholicism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:01 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I think organized religion has really..."
I think people just in general have done that job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:14 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think people just in general have..."
KagomJack said:
I think people just in general have done that job.

I bet if we tried hard enough, we could still make you cry over your ' boyfriend '

Faggot.

Anyways, yes i believe in god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:18 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think people just in general have..."
We have no way of knowing anything, and there is no way to justify your belief in anything. Don't try. If you believe in something, you believe in it. Seacrest, out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:22 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "We have no way of knowing anything, and..."
Seacrest needs to die, but on-topic there is a god imho, he just doesn't come impact our lives everyday.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:27 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Seacrest needs to die, but on-topic..."
Yes I believe in god, alot.

We're all going to die in 7 years, this is the 7 years of hell on earth until 2012. Goodbye sweet sweet ironic shithole world.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-01-05, 07:34 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I bet if we tried hard enough, we could..."
Probably not, slaynish. But your belief in a god is your belief. Choose whom you want to believe in if you wish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack