Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

View Poll Results: Is Diablo 2's popularity dying?
Y . E . S . 25 86.21%
...no 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Post Diablo 2 Popularity Dying?
Posted 2004-12-20, 12:13 AM
Vote for yourself.

Not just on this forum, but the whole thought of the game. I mean D2 was great back in it's prime in 07-09. But recently with the release of .11 And the OVERFLOW of idiotic n00bs arguing over who has the best '1337 h4x' it's just not even any fun to play anymore.

I hope D2 dies in peace, and all of the people that are obsessive over a video game go down with it.

I vote yes.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-12-20, 02:07 AM in reply to D3V's post "Diablo 2 Popularity Dying?"
Cool, where can I download the version 1.11 patch. I'm stuck playing on 1.10....

D2's not dead and d2 wont die for a while. The new patch gave it new hope if anything. There are SO many builds to do. And with synergies, hybrids are more and more powerful. New runewords and patches were great too. Having sorcs as the only chars who could tele was rather annoying. All they had to do was make an orber, then tele, spam and orb, tele again, with no hope of any char other then a paladin or anotehr sorc to catch up with it.

The patch didn't randonly bring "n00bs" into the game. They were always there.

1.09 was the age of hacks, dupes, buggs, and all that other shit that made chars uber godly. 1.10 is the reformation if anything. It got rid of most that shit. Although there are still dupes here and there, they arent nearly as bad as before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-20, 04:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Cool, where can I download the version..."
With the realease of new runewords, bunch of my friends started to play ladder just recently xD

And lots of veterans i knew stopped playing too.

But i personnally think D2 is slowly dying.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-12-20, 05:25 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "With the realease of new runewords,..."
Not sure.. I havnt played in ages... I would come back of course... but I would need peeps to play with.
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-12-20, 05:26 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "With the realease of new runewords,..."
ExT said:
But i personnally think D2 is slowly dying.
I imagine that a lot of people left for WoW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-20, 07:54 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I imagine that a lot of people left for..."
I prefer d2 over wow ~_~. Well the pvp at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-22, 04:17 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I prefer d2 over wow ~_~. Well the pvp..."
Plus that you are not required to pay for it each month.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-12-23, 01:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Plus that you are not required to pay..."
My point.

My main concern was that it was slowing up my computer, now that i have 3 CPU's in my home, i can play d2 and all games i want freely with unlimited gigs. (I've got in my household about 300 gigs, give or take 10)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-12-26, 10:31 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "My point. My main concern was that..."
I am back. I vote yes. Although I am returning to the game, east ladder neway, WoW has killed it. For months, maybe years, people had been looking for an excuse to leave D2, a new addiction served as it. Hopefully, it will get rid of the idiots and those obsessing over the game. If not, many people's d2 days are probably numbered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-12-27, 10:25 AM in reply to wilma's post starting "I am back. I vote yes. Although I am..."
hi
i am on at my brothers place
i moved to a small place
no internet...
well, i try my best to get somehow on,, but its sooo hard...bla

all my leet accs (1.08 and so on) are surely deleted by now
i will start counter strike, if i get internet at home.

btw, halo2 rockz!

cu (hopefully) soon!
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-12-28, 07:07 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Cool, where can I download the version..."
Sovereign said:
Cool, where can I download the version 1.11 patch. I'm stuck playing on 1.10....
Yes, that sounds like my problem Sov, i just can't seam to find that 1.11 patch anywhere

Personally i think D2 is dieing just because im seeing so few people on it as their used to be and a good number of the people on now are just spam bots flooding channels, whispering you, and flooding games (Is their nowhere to hide anymore?!?!). Most of this is probably with the new release of WoW drawing most of the D2 people to it. Either way it seams like D2 has for the most part died off and left the newbs who just wont go away and the die hard D2 players.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheMagicMaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheMagicMaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheMagicMaster

Posted 2004-12-28, 07:17 AM in reply to TheMagicMaster's post starting "Yes, that sounds like my problem Sov, i..."
Check d2jsp. The hard player are still there. They just auto aim/scroll like mother fuckers now.

Public dueling has gone to shit but private dueling games are better then ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-29, 07:54 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Check d2jsp. The hard player are still..."
Too bad dueling is mostly about items.

It should be ALL about skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-12-30, 03:36 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Too bad dueling is mostly about items...."
Erm..

I dont think its based ALL on items. Just some. I'm going to do an experiment ~_~. I've started an Orb sorc named Biezabald. Shes going to use ful tals etc etc. Let see how she does.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-30, 03:56 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Erm.. I dont think its based ALL on..."
It's based 90% on items.

Back in .09 when I dueled in private games I noticed those who did best had 'connections' with dupers and got the best items off of DiabloII.net's trading thing. All the time, every time.

4 socket archon of whale.. wham, duper got it.

Ruined D2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-12-30, 07:17 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "It's based 90% on items. Back in .09..."
D2 is mostly dying because most loyal blizzard fans switched to WoW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-12-30, 07:38 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "D2 is mostly dying because most loyal..."
D2 was dead before WoW was even announced -.-

The only time D2 was really 'alive' was when I used 4 ptopaz armor and 3ptopaz helm and did hundreds of Meph runs with my friend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-12-30, 08:15 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "D2 was dead before WoW was even..."
insolence is correct.. d2 has been dead for a long time.. we have lost good players.. and gained shit loads of newbs... but oh well its a good time passer
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69