Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Gamecube burnable!
Posted 2002-05-14, 12:46 PM
hi guys just talking with my brother when he showed me a person on his computer burned a game into his cd and then put it in to his gamecube and the game works! he then proceed to play it and swearing out loud and giving middle-fingers and played it for 2 minutes. i dont know what this means since i dont even own a gamecube and this is a gamecube thread so discuss ur feedback and concerns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-14, 12:49 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
Did he burnt it on a mini cdr ?
Was it a Demo or full game ?
How could he rip the Mini-DVD ?

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-14, 12:50 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
i dont know i just know that u are NOT suppose to burn gamecube since its protected and all

yes it was a full game
no i do NOT knwo how he did it
and all he showed was a home-made video
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-14, 01:17 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Fury
i dont know i just know that u are NOT suppose to burn gamecube since its protected and all

Hehe, ALL GAMES (any platform ie:PSX/Nintendo/PC etc...) are not suppose to be copied, and ALL have their own protection (software/hardware...). But, ALL GAMES WITHOUT EXCEPTION had been/will be copied. All kind of protection is/will be break down. That's a rule : 1 protection = several ways to ripp/hack/crack/emule

The GC hardware protection (from what I know, I don't have a GC) is based on the fact that it's a mini DVD, wich mean contain lot of data in a few space. Actually, the mini CDR (which I suppose compatible with the GC DVD drive) cannot contain more than 150 Mo (i don't remember the exact amount).
To be able to reproduce a game, I think you need to rip it off the mini-DVD, then re-write data on mini-CDR. If you take the music and the movies off, you can decrease the amount of Mo, but it must fit in the ~150Mo....

The best way to by-pass this, would be done if you were able to plug a CDROM-drive to the GC. I asked a few time ago if such a connection would be possible, and I was told that it was not yet.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-14, 01:22 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
yeah its either that or some other way. i dont know much about these stuff....... the guy wasnt even speaking english for christ sakes. just got to wait until some of the more knowledgble members log on then u maybe able to talk to them about it
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-16, 05:35 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
u cant burn a gamecube disc (a mini DVD) onto a mini CD. they dont even sell mini DVD's and normalsize oned dont fit in the gamecube.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-05-16, 08:06 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
baaagh u can believe what u want GC u'll hear it in a couple of weeks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-16, 08:11 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
They DO have Mini-DVD-R discs... but they cost about $20 each.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-05-18, 03:41 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
you are an idiot! there are mini DVD discs, but you can't burn them!!! they are specially designed for not being read by burners!
it won't work!! ask the guy to post it on the internet! see if he does or not!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Knuckles is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKnuckles is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Knuckles

Posted 2002-05-18, 04:01 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Knuckles
you are an idiot! there are mini DVD discs, but you can't burn them!!! they are specially designed for not being read by burners!
it won't work!! ask the guy to post it on the internet! see if he does or not!
1- Why saying he's an idiot ?
2- DC Gdrom wasn't designed to be read by burners too, but they 've been ripped off (using a DC plugged to a PC). Some guys can manage to do the same to ripp the minidvdrom off via the GC-reader.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED

Last edited by User Name # 1; 2002-05-18 at 04:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-19, 10:10 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
It's hard to believe someone so stupid can still be alive. You would think he'd have been hit by a bus or fallen down some stairs years ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-19, 10:15 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
I said Mini-DVD-R... DUH! there are mini-DVDs what the fuck do you think a GC disc is... and how the FUCK do you think they get that way? They come from a "burnable" mini-DVD.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-05-20, 06:10 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
@ RoboticSilence : I don't think a GC disk come from a 'burnable' mini-dvd. The GC disk is 'pressed', not burned.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-21, 08:04 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
yea, true
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2002-05-22, 03:17 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
I dont know how it could be possible...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-05-23, 05:59 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
b/c its not
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-05-23, 09:33 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
:stoner:Goodbye!:stoner:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-23, 10:35 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
anyways it doesnt matter cause there arent any games good enough on the gamecube to be worth burning
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hackerdude123

Posted 2002-05-24, 05:32 AM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
thats because u cant
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

GameCube

Posted 2002-06-04, 08:44 PM in reply to Strider Fury's post "Gamecube burnable!"
gamecube rules all.... how many of you have actually opened up a gamecube and gutted it and put it back together? any hands?
well it is a strang experience. anyway you would be suprised at what the inside looks like.but if you could access the mobo you would be able to hook up an external drive if you did some tweaking. hell i've already tried a modem. didn't have good results. couldn't get the power conversion down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Iluvatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenIluvatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Iluvatar