Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-05-26, 07:10 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I concur. Jack is a badass."
I was expecting it to be an average blah movie like the second one, but I thought it turned a LOT better than I was expecting.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-05-26, 07:57 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I was expecting it to be an average..."
Sherk 3 pwnz the PotSee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-05-26, 09:08 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "The only thing I didn't like about it..."
Rurouni Storm said:
The only thing I didn't like about it is that there should've been more Jack Sparrow.
At least they portayed him as a good pirate again. One of the things I didn't like about the second movie.

In the first movie, Jack was a great pirate acting like an idiot.

In the second movie, Jack was an idiot acting like a great pirate.

They switched it back in the third movie, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-26, 10:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "At least they portayed him as a good..."
!King_Amazon! said:
At least they portayed him as a good pirate again. One of the things I didn't like about the second movie.

In the first movie, Jack was a great pirate acting like an idiot.

In the second movie, Jack was an idiot acting like a great pirate.

They switched it back in the third movie, though.
Yea i liked how they brought him back in this one. I also like Swan, she had a more major role
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-05-26, 10:57 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Yea i liked how they brought him back..."
The whole thing between Elizabeth and Will was great. Especially the ending.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-27, 07:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The whole thing between Elizabeth and..."
I cant agree with you more. It actually made me really miss my girl, and wish she was there with me. Probably the most touching 'love' scene i have seen in a while.

It was a pretty good movie, I think. I wish there would have been less jokes w the monkey and shit, i would like to see a POTC movie that is more serious, and has less comic reliefs. Probably hard to do though, with a grand character like Jack Sparrow.
I really loved how they brought Jack's dad into it though. Damned great.

My comment about swan, was when she was giving the speech ontop of the ship, about how they are going to fight, I was kinda disappointed. Maybe im sexist, but I just would have liked it MUCH more if Jack or Barbosa was up there saying that. I just dont see those pirate-guys taking orders from a girl, King of Pirates or not.

Edited by !King_Amazon! 
Put some spoiler tags in, don't wanna ruin anything for anyone.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-05-27 at 10:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-27, 07:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The whole thing between Elizabeth and..."
!King_Amazon! said:
The whole thing between Elizabeth and Will was great. Especially the ending.
Yea especially the end battle scene. "Humm i dont think this is the best time right now...."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-05-29, 04:19 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Yea especially the end battle scene...."
I saw it Sunday, the movie was pretty good, but it felt like they tried to do too much with too little time, it felt like half the plotline was abandoned to me.

I'm mainly speaking of the large plotline involving the release of Calypso, they went through all of that trouble to release her, then she just makes a maelstrom. That's it? I understand that she wasn't inclined to help the pirates, but that was a pretty weak resolution for that whole sequence.

A lot of the continuous jokes felt forced, especially the sequence with the two idiot Englishmen guarding Jones' chest.

I'll probably go check out 4 when it comes out (since the ending of 3 already hints at a Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-29, 04:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I saw it Sunday, the movie was pretty..."
Vollstrecker said:
I saw it Sunday, the movie was pretty good, but it felt like they tried to do too much with too little time, it felt like half the plotline was abandoned to me.

I'm mainly speaking of the large plotline involving the release of Calypso, they went through all of that trouble to release her, then she just makes a maelstrom. That's it? I understand that she wasn't inclined to help the pirates, but that was a pretty weak resolution for that whole sequence.

A lot of the continuous jokes felt forced, especially the sequence with the two idiot Englishmen guarding Jones' chest.

I'll probably go check out 4 when it comes out (since the ending of 3 already hints at a Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth).
I'm really not so sure that there will be a pirates 4.

Most of the characters' stories come to an end, as far as the story of 1-3 goes. Will and Elizabeth are pretty much done as far as story goes, unless she decides to attempt to free him or something.

If there were to be a pirates 4, it would most likely not even include Will and Elizabeth. It would just be Barbosa and Jack and the rest of the crew, pretty much starting back from the beginning. I could see it possible that they make a movie attempting to free Will by asking Calypso to switch him with someone else (probably Jack) or some other means of freeing him. I could also see them doing something with the whole fountain of youth thing, but I really don't think there'd be much to that. I guess Elizabeth could try and help find it so she can live forever so that she can live forever along with Will. That's one thing I kinda wondered about, Elizabeth will eventually die, but Will will still be doing his thing.

Did any of you stay past the credits? There was a little scene after the credits that showed Will and Elizabeth's son, 10 years after Will took over the dutchman. They're waiting for Will to come back and he does, and then it cuts off. It was a pretty cool little scene.
`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-29, 05:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm really not so sure that there will..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm really not so sure that there will be a pirates 4.

Most of the characters' stories come to an end, as far as the story of 1-3 goes. Will and Elizabeth are pretty much done as far as story goes, unless she decides to attempt to free him or something.

If there were to be a pirates 4, it would most likely not even include Will and Elizabeth. It would just be Barbosa and Jack and the rest of the crew, pretty much starting back from the beginning. I could see it possible that they make a movie attempting to free Will by asking Calypso to switch him with someone else (probably Jack) or some other means of freeing him. I could also see them doing something with the whole fountain of youth thing, but I really don't think there'd be much to that. I guess Elizabeth could try and help find it so she can live forever so that she can live forever along with Will. That's one thing I kinda wondered about, Elizabeth will eventually die, but Will will still be doing his thing.

Did any of you stay past the credits? There was a little scene after the credits that showed Will and Elizabeth's son, 10 years after Will took over the dutchman. They're waiting for Will to come back and he does, and then it cuts off. It was a pretty cool little scene.
`
Nah, I didn't stay past the credits. I was kinda wondering what they'd have for a Pirates 4, but with the popularity of the series and the semi-open ending, I figure it's a highly likely scenario. I'd agree with you that likely Will's story is done unless they are attempting to find a way to free him from Captaining the Flying Dutchman.

I just hold faith in Hollywood's ability to beat something good into the dirt if it means money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-30, 04:20 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Nah, I didn't stay past the credits. I..."
Damn I definitely didn't stay after the credits to see that part. They need to give some sort of hint as to waiting it out if they want people to stay. I mean seriously, who just normally waits out all the credits at the chance there is going to be something like that at the end? Not me, and I never will.

Either way, I liked it, but it was pretty long. Maybe it had to do with me seeing the midnight show and I was fucking tired as hell in the middle, but the whole psychodelic scenes with Jack were really strange and weird. Not too sure if that was really necessary though.

I thought there was plenty of action, and the fight scenes were better than I was expecting. My order: 1, 3, then way behind is 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-05-30, 08:34 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Damn I definitely didn't stay after the..."
There was something at the end of the credits for number 2 as well, though not quite as plot related. It shows the dog as the new chief of those cannibal dudes, he's sitting in the chair all cool like. That's it.

There might be something similar for 1, but I'm not sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 11:05 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There was something at the end of the..."
I loved the third movie. A few things irked me, though...

The end of the movie, while incredibly sexy, made me wonder when the hell Elizabeth had time to shave her legs during everything that happened before that point.

The end of Calypso's plot dissapointed me, I loved her character and expected more. It just seemed kinda...anti-climatic imho, though the battle scene to follow was great.

Favorite scene...them sailing in the darkness and it looked like they were sailing through the freakin' universe. Freakin beautiful scene. I drooled. Seriously.

I also drooled at the many many Jack Sparrows in the scene to follow. That was amusing. Poor goat...

Unfortunatly I couldn't stay after the movie. I usually do, but I had to fuckin' piss like hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:18 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I loved the third movie. A few things..."
Jessifer said:
I loved the third movie. A few things irked me, though...

The end of the movie, while incredibly sexy, made me wonder when the hell Elizabeth had time to shave her legs during everything that happened before that point.

The end of Calypso's plot dissapointed me, I loved her character and expected more. It just seemed kinda...anti-climatic imho, though the battle scene to follow was great.

Favorite scene...them sailing in the darkness and it looked like they were sailing through the freakin' universe. Freakin beautiful scene. I drooled. Seriously.

I also drooled at the many many Jack Sparrows in the scene to follow. That was amusing. Poor goat...

Unfortunatly I couldn't stay after the movie. I usually do, but I had to fuckin' piss like hell.
It seems like you had pretty much the same reactions to everything as myself(though I didn't care how she shaved her legs, honestly.)

There is always the possibility that Calypso's story is not over. It did seem very anticlimactic for them to go through all of the trouble to free her and then that's that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 08:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It seems like you had pretty much the..."
I was watching E the other day and they said that they were hinting at a 4th, but without Will or Elizabeth. It would be more about Jack. But that was an undisclosed source so i wouldnt quote that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-05-31, 06:46 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I was watching E the other day and they..."
Well it's a definite that if they do make a 4th, Bloom doesn't want to be involved. Depp is all for it, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-31, 09:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well it's a definite that if they do..."
Oh, Yeah?

Cuz you know and all?

Its an american movie, dont feed us your british BULLSHIT.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-31, 09:47 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Oh, Yeah? Cuz you know and all? ..."
Orlando Bloom is going to do theater in europe. So yeah Lenny is most likely right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-31, 09:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Orlando Bloom is going to do theater in..."

But, I love orlando!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-31, 10:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Orlando Bloom is going to do theater in..."
I've also read the reports on places like IGN.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny