Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Windows Vista Hibernate and the Wrong Password Crap
Posted 2008-07-29, 02:59 PM
I'm hoping I'm not the only person, however, I looked this up on the internet and couldn't find anything on it.

1. This is a Windows Vista Home Premium
2. Hibernate The Computer
3. Turn it back on. Type in your password.
4. Press Enter, and bam! Your password is Wrong?!
5. Click, change user and type in your password. Bam! Now you're in!?

Now, this doesn't happen every time, in fact, it has only happened 7-times that I recall. However, it's very annoying. Does anyone know what this problem is or how you would fix it.

Even if you don't know a fix, hopefully this will make people more aware of this possible problem in the near future.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-29, 03:12 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Windows Vista Hibernate and the Wrong..."
The problem is Vista.

Drop that shit and revert to XP!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-29, 05:16 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The problem is Vista. Drop that shit..."
Well they tested Vista for errors, so the new versions coming out should be bug proof (how old is your software?). I never use hibernate GLG, so I couldn't tell you if it's a common error with Vista. Sorry
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-29, 05:41 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The problem is Vista. Drop that shit..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
The problem is Vista.

Drop that shit and revert to XP!

I love XP. I have more hatred for Vista than just about anyone you could talk to. The problem with it, is that I can't connect to the internet wirelessly via my XP partition because this is a laptop and the IEEE card is built in. I tried to find drivers, and to no avail.

EDIT: Sorry, I'll make it myself more clear. I am triple booting Ubuntu, XP, and Vista.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-29, 06:34 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I love XP. I have more hatred for..."
i love vista is works better then xp
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-29, 08:08 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i love vista is works better then xp"
Vista is more user friendly, that's why you like it. XP is easier if you want to get more technical with a notebook or desktop I guess
I would've had xp on my laptop were it not for Vista being already installed on it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:01 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Vista is more user friendly, that's why..."
If you know how to get into the files, then you can do everything in Vista that you can do in XP, or ME, or 98, etc.

I prefer Vista over XP, I must admit... even if the network connections thing is as helpful as a stone parachute. The skin is brilliant, and I can no longer function without my sidebar.

As for your problem, GLG, has long has it been happening? Since you installed it or since an update?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:44 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you know how to get into the files,..."
Lenny, you like shiny pretty stuff more than anyone else on these forums I bet :P. Hence your super computer that's in the works. You gotta admit that :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:54 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Lenny, you like shiny pretty stuff more..."
Yes, I'll admit, I'm a shallow bastard.

Though you do have a point - when buying things I do take into account what it will look like in relation to other things I own. Can't be doing with dull, ugly things in my abode, ho no, not a chance in hell, sunshine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yes, I'll admit, I'm a shallow bastard...."
Yea, I remember you talking about all the colors matching, haha. I guess that part just never hits my mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-30, 07:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you know how to get into the files,..."
I hate the side bar and the visual effects, they're all turned off on mine, as well as the ACP. Which might I add is bugging me. I'm about ready to overwrite the thing that makes that pop up.

--
Lenny said: [Goto]
As for your problem, GLG, has long has it been happening? Since you installed it or since an update?
Anyways, it started for the first time 2-months ago. I stopped getting updates about 1-month ago. Keep in mind that I went though this process.

January 2008 - Computer is brand new with Vista Home Premium installed
February 2008 - Talk about downgrading is about and floating in the air
March 2008 - I downgrade to XP Professional and Re-Upgrade to Vista because I didn't have the right drivers that I thought I'd had.
April 2008 - I dual boot system with XP
June 2008 - I triple boot system with Vista, XP, and Ubuntu 8.04
July 2008 - My power cord crapped out. Just bought a new cord online. Should arrive in a few days.
August 2008 - What? It's not August yet.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-31, 12:43 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I hate the side bar and the visual..."
ACP? I imagine you're talking about User Account Contrl (the message box that pops up three fucking times every time you try and do something), which is easily turned off in Account Settings.

---

And the problem started in the dual-boot month? You can't remember if it happened the day after an update, or after you'd installed something, can you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-31, 05:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "ACP? I imagine you're talking about..."
ACP? I imagine you're talking about User Account Contrl (the message box that pops up three fucking times every time you try and do something), which is easily turned off in Account Settings.

UAC, yeah, that sounds right. Just the thing that stops you from messing around with the components and Microsoft Office 2007. Before I bought it, I made it so that message wouldn't pop up every time nagging me to buy it. In the end, I uninstalled it and put in Office 2003 because '07 is like a MAC program. (Blah)

EDIT: Oh, it looks, to me, like you thought I hadn't turned off UAC. I had, but it still bugs me popping up in the lower right, telling me that it's off and that I'm in some sort of danger.

And the problem started in the dual-boot month? You can't remember if it happened the day after an update, or after you'd installed something, can you?

The first time I'd dealt with it was in April '08. However, I don't believe it was after I dual-booted. I dual-booted at the end of the month and I'm pretty sure it was near the beginning of the month that this first happened.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-07-31 at 06:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-01, 05:26 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "UAC, yeah, that sounds right. Just the..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
EDIT: Oh, it looks, to me, like you thought I hadn't turned off UAC. I had, but it still bugs me popping up in the lower right, telling me that it's off and that I'm in some sort of danger.

Control Panel > Security Centre > "Change the Way Sec. Centre Alerts Me" on the left-hand menu > "Don't notify me and don't display the icon (not recommended)".

Windows should never speak to you again, then.

---

I can't find anything about the same problem online, so it's looking like you're the only one with the problem, I'm afraid. Very strange problem, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-01, 02:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Control Panel > Security Centre >..."
Control Panel > Security Centre > "Change the Way Sec. Centre Alerts Me" on the left-hand menu > "Don't notify me and don't display the icon (not recommended)".

Windows should never speak to you again, then.

Thanks! I'm surprised that I didn't find that.

I can't find anything about the same problem online, so it's looking like you're the only one with the problem, I'm afraid. Very strange problem, too.

Yup, I couldn't find anything either. It's a very odd and unusual problem.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-01, 04:31 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Thanks! I'm surprised that I didn't..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Thanks! I'm surprised that I didn't find that.

It's one of those things that you think MS iddn't want to put in, but had to, so they made the text for it really small.

---

If nothing else works, what about re-installing Vista? A re-install solves quite a few things, and if that doesn't work then a full format might do the trick, although it would be a very time consuming job, and you'd need to re-install everything.

I'd try the re-install, and if the problem persisted, I'd just carry on and ignore the problem, maybe get rid of my password or not bother with Hibernating.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny