Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Vocabulary thread
Posted 2004-10-31, 04:47 PM
Name and define a word you think most people wouldn't know:

Schadenfreude - Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-10-31, 04:51 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Vocabulary thread"
Sang Froid - GravitonSurge
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-31, 05:07 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sang Froid - GravitonSurge"
Blatherskite - a babbling fool. George W. Bush.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2004-10-31, 05:09 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Blatherskite - a babbling fool. George..."
Gofuckyourselfasshole - A political puppet that can't even vote.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-10-31, 05:48 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Gofuckyourselfasshole - A political..."
Bravo, Señor Conservative. Go protest some abortions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2004-10-31, 05:56 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Bravo, Señor Conservative. Go protest..."
I think abortions are bad, because then I can't kill as many people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-31, 05:57 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I think abortions are bad, because then..."
I too, oppose abortions. Course, I'm not about to be a sign waving jackass who tells people how to live their lives.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2004-11-05, 10:38 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Gofuckyourselfasshole - A political..."
moot n.

Law. A hypothetical case argued by law students as an exercise.
An ancient English meeting, especially a representative meeting of the freemen of a shire.

tr.v. moot·ed, moot·ing, moots

To bring up as a subject for discussion or debate.
To discuss or debate. See Synonyms at broach1.
Law. To plead or argue (a case) in a moot court.

adj.
Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.

Law. Without legal significance, through having been previously decided or settled.
Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, meeting, from Old English mt, gemt.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mootness n.
Usage Note: The adjective moot is originally a legal term going back to the mid-16th century. It derives from the noun moot, in its sense of a hypothetical case argued as an exercise by law students. Consequently, a moot question is one that is arguable or open to debate. But in the mid-19th century people also began to look at the hypothetical side of moot as its essential meaning, and they started to use the word to mean “of no significance or relevance.” Thus, a moot point, however debatable, is one that has no practical value. A number of critics have objected to this use, but 59 percent of the Usage Panel accepts it in the sentence The nominee himself chastised the White House for failing to do more to support him, but his concerns became moot when a number of Republicans announced that they, too, would oppose the nomination. When using moot one should be sure that the context makes clear which sense is meant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-11-05, 07:50 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "moot n. Law. A hypothetical case..."
What do you call a deer with no eyes?

I have no eye-deer (idea-r).

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-05, 08:40 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "What do you call a deer with no eyes? ..."
DaFrigginDoctah said:

jajajajajajajaajajajajaja que comico!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-11-05, 10:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Vocabulary thread"
Nigger - African American bitches who have no status.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-05, 10:35 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Nigger - African American bitches who..."
Randuin said:
Nigger - African American bitches who have no status.
I agree!
Holy shit Ten to the power of fucken 3 letters to short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-11-05, 10:47 PM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "I agree! Holy shit Ten to the power of..."
Chink - Chinese American bitches with very little penises
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-11-06, 12:04 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Chink - Chinese American bitches with..."
Good thing I'm not American.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-06, 01:32 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Good thing I'm not American."
Good thing people insist on brining up politics for no reason.

Insolence -> I think it means stupidity basically
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-06, 04:55 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "What do you call a deer with no eyes? ..."
DaFrigginDoctah said:

Whoa you are such a smart, funny guy... oh dear.
Listen to old good music and i think you'll feel better soon... try this one: White Stripes -- Seven Nation Army
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-11-06, 06:02 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Good thing I'm not American."
You live in America? You're American.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-11-06, 08:21 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You live in America? You're American."
I don't live in America, thank god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-06, 09:01 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I don't live in America, thank god."
French=pathetic waste of space
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-11-06, 09:13 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "French=pathetic waste of space"
i agree... french people are teh dumb noobz0rs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar