Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Black Ops Clips
Posted 2011-01-25, 09:25 PM
BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2011-01-26, 05:37 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Black Ops Clips"
Horrible clip... Great game though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2011-01-26, 06:33 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Horrible clip... Great game though."
Yea, I only get 30 seconds atm because Treyarch thought that was a good idea. I plan on getting a capture card here shortly. I want to make some BA montages..

Anywho, clip 2!

BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2011-01-28, 04:34 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Horrible clip... Great game though."
I believe after playing MW2 and having played Black Ops at a friends house I'm adopting a new policy in regards to FPS games: Dedicated servers or GTFO. I don't think it's too unreasonable seeing the plethora of connection issues that plagues these types of games. I'd say on average the host migrates during a game 2-3 times, and sometimes just drops the game altogether - not to mention the horrendous latency between 100-200 ms which is kind of a big deal when you're playing a game where 50 ms can easily make a difference between two evenly matched players.

And just to be clear, when I say dedicated servers I don't mean only servers where players host. I want a set of servers ran by the developers that hosts matchmade games. Seeing the huge profits they are making with the pathetic support they provide for the game after release, I don't think this will be too costly for them. For those of you who've ever played a game with real support after release, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I also recall in 2001/2002 Ghost Recon had dedicated servers on Xbox (of the player hosted type). People seem to think that this would be a waste of time and no one would host servers, but this could not be further from the truth. I recall there were actually a lot of people that would host autonomous servers when the went to work/sleep. Sure, it costs more for a good connection and it inevitably decreases the lifetime of their hardware to have it on 24/7, but sometimes people are motivated by something other than just money. Just sometimes.

I'll end on this note: If you played MW2 more than ten minutes and you actually bought Black Ops, you're a chump.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2011-01-28, 04:33 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I believe after playing MW2 and having..."
Black Ops is definitely worth buying, I will defend that point. However I 100% agree with the connection issues in BOs. It is on the verge of being to bad to play. There are times where I will go 30 minutes jumping in and out of failed games. I've even gone as far as not playing at that moment because of the connection. I thought the servers would be getting better seeing as how bovious it is, but it just hasn't. It is really sad that they can't/won't fix the servers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2011-02-07, 04:20 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Black Ops is definitely worth buying, I..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Black Ops is definitely worth buying, I will defend that point. However I 100% agree with the connection issues in BOs. It is on the verge of being to bad to play. There are times where I will go 30 minutes jumping in and out of failed games. I've even gone as far as not playing at that moment because of the connection. I thought the servers would be getting better seeing as how bovious it is, but it just hasn't. It is really sad that they can't/won't fix the servers.
It doesn't really help when Treyarch released the game before it was "finished". While I agree that MW2 had it's problems, it was a decent game. If not decent, than okay, but 10 x better than Black Ops.
The way the game was structured just appeals to me more than BO. Getting emblems and titles in MW2 spurred me to play more, and when my gameplay improved, I joined GB to play competitively. But with BO, there's no real drive to continue playing except maybe getting the pro perks. Nobody even does the contracts, and getting high kill streaks is just a matter of camping. As for zombies, it was fun after a while, but not enough to get me hours playing. All in all, BO was good, but it most certainly did not live up to the hype that was created, just like MW2 did not live up to all its hype (even though it did a pretty good job).

I'm just pissed now that whenever I want to go back to MW2 to quickscope again, I have to deal with mostly all the games being hacked by cheap little kids who ruined the game after IW stopped caring. And while I hope that the new DLC for BO will make the game a little more entertaining, I doubt it. As for now, I'm taking a break from COD and am just roaming around in Fallout shotgunning super mutants and blowing up towns with my mini nuke. Now there's a good game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2011-02-07, 05:35 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "It doesn't really help when Treyarch..."
Two more clips, nothing amazing.. just clips I have uploaded. I forgot about this post gg bump

BORKED

BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2011-02-09, 01:18 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I believe after playing MW2 and having..."
If I may chime in my opinion, I agree. Dedicated servers ftw, that's what was necessary. But, Black Ops was definitely worth the buy for me. I'm not the most intense gamer, I don't have to win to be happy and Black Ops works for me. I can play with my family and enjoy myself. That being said, I've never had any (PS3) of the connection issues you guys talk about. I play quite the few ranked matches too. Maybe I've just been lucky or you've been unlucky. And when I play with my family, one person is it Utah, the other in Florida, me in Texas and another using their phone connected to their laptop to their PS3 to be online and we never have issues.

Word?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G