Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Best Next-generation Console
Posted 2006-10-30, 08:54 AM
What does everyone think the best next-gen console is?

The Revolution, XBox 360, PS3

I personally prefer Xbox over the revolution and PS3

The Revolution just sucks....

PS3 is too expensive.... way the fuck too expensive.....

What does every1 think???

Last edited by Helltooimp; 2006-10-30 at 08:58 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Helltooimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHelltooimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Helltooimp

Posted 2006-10-30, 08:58 AM in reply to Helltooimp's post "Best Next-generation Console"
It's the Nintendo Wii, btw. Revolution was it's project codename until about E3 '06, I think.

If you're going to say the Wii sucks, and the PS3 is too expensive, then back it up. Why does the Wii suck? Why is thew PS3 too expensive? Just the fact that you get everything in one console at one price rather than mini bits you buy and jack the price up, or what?

So come on, if you want an argument but some oomph into your opening statement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-10-30, 09:02 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's the Nintendo Wii, btw. Revolution..."
well, for one, nintendo Wii, I don't like the controller setup, the PS3 does include everything, unlike the Xbox 360, but most of the games are already released on the 360!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Helltooimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHelltooimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Helltooimp

Posted 2006-10-30, 09:29 AM in reply to Helltooimp's post starting "well, for one, nintendo Wii, I don't..."
PS3 Launch titles:

Genji: Days of the Blade
NBA 07
Resistance: Fall of Man
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 3
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
Full Auto 2 Battlelines
Madden NFL 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Sonic the Hedgehog
Need for Speed Carbon
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

21 games. 14 the 360 has, or is getting at the same time as the PS3. 7 that are exclusives.

The PS3 then has a little stack of exclusive games, somewhere in the region of 60, including gems such as MGS4, Lair, GT HD, Warhawk, and not forgetting the 3 FFXIII games from Squenix.

So, no, most of the games aren't already released on the 360. Perhaps 8 or 9 are, with a handful more coming out at the same time. We then see, over the couple of years after the PS3 launch, more and more titles coming out that are exclusive to the PS3.

-----

I like the idea of the Wii controller, but think that this might soon blow it out of the water: http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/740/740679p1.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-10-31, 10:07 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "PS3 Launch titles: Genji: Days of..."
Need for Speed Carbon.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-10-31, 03:37 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Need for Speed Carbon."
Of course the Xbox 360 is the best even if you have to buy 4 of them to get a working one.

Fanboy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-10-31, 11:15 PM in reply to Helltooimp's post "Best Next-generation Console"
I'm leaning towards the PS3 atm, but only because of it's capabilities to at least play blu ray disks.

I'm probably not going to get either, as I've moved on to pc gaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-01, 08:28 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm leaning towards the PS3 atm, but..."
Yeah with people making emulator's for every damn console out there, the pc rules over all, but purely discussing gaming consoles microsoft has done a decent job with the 360. There are some tweaks here and there that need to be applied to the 360, but overall it's not a bad console.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Helltooimp

Posted 2006-11-01, 06:12 PM in reply to Helltooimp's post starting "Yeah with people making emulator's for..."
Umm, PC's cant handle emulating an Xbox360 or PS3 at all. To emulate, you need 3-4x the power of what you are emulating. This is especially since the games are programmed for the hardware of the console, when you emulate, it is software based, and in order to run the software that emulates the game engine, it takes a lot more power.

Consoles own.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2006-11-03, 12:48 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Umm, PC's cant handle emulating an..."
X360 for the sole fact that it will have Halo3.

Call me a fanboy, I don't care.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-11-03, 07:45 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "X360 for the sole fact that it will..."
well who knows, with the quad sli setups coming into play, I would think that, wow my space bar really sucks..... well back to this topic, so with AMD coming out with a line up of socket 940 processors who knows what can be emulated in the near future....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Helltooimp

Posted 2006-11-03, 10:38 AM in reply to Helltooimp's post starting "well who knows, with the quad sli..."
And Intel's Quad Core processors in 2008. Those should be fun. And damn expensive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-08, 08:48 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And Intel's Quad Core processors in..."
Yep, fun shit, intel and AMD both kick some ass in processors, now if they would just give them to me for free....
"Sorrow is a cruel companion to one who can afford few friends, and the path of exile attends this mourful spirit"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Helltooimp

Posted 2006-11-08, 09:53 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "X360 for the sole fact that it will..."
JRwakebord said:
X360 for the sole fact that it will have Halo3.

Call me a fanboy, I don't care.
Fanboy.

To the guy saying ps3 is too expensive:

Sure PS3 is extremely expensive, but then it always was a system based for adults, not ment for kids to buy it IMO. They have always been easy to break if you drop them or whatever, where the xbox and wii are pretty darn sturdy.

But think about this... Sony is losing money for selling for that price... Hopefully that tells you something about how powerful it will be. If not then you are a fanboy tard.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2006-11-08 at 09:56 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-11-08, 07:35 PM in reply to Helltooimp's post "Best Next-generation Console"
It all depends on pref, and life style... ill explain

Depends on what type of games you like, generally the Xbox has games I like more than the PS3, now the Wii will always have my fun loving games.

Life style, well I have my PC and not much time to sit down on a console anyways so the only reason I'd want one is to take over to a friends house and have some drunken fun, and usually with girls not being very gaming... the Wii will provide those easy fun games like Mario Party, Strikers, SSB etc

so i'd go with Wii, then 360, then PS3. this has nothing to do with price, or how badass the system it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-11-08, 08:15 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Fanboy. To the guy saying ps3 is too..."
360, also looses money for each one that is sold. I'd still go with the 360, since it has halo, and I already love my x box.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-11-08, 10:53 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "360, also looses money for each one..."
MightyJoe said:
360, also looses money for each one that is sold. I'd still go with the 360, since it has halo, and I already love my x box.
That wasn't the point. Well I guess that helps the point... The PS3 (like all consoles) cost alot of money to develop and put together. So if you are spending 700 and they are still losing money on it, then you know the performance of the console has got to be pretty high end... (Justification on price)

Bleh at Halo... Its the same game over and over.

New to Halo 3: 1 new weapon, 20 new online maps! All for just $50 and the cost of an xbox 360!

For me... I prefer longer games that are more in depth and the Playstation has always had the best RPGs (not including SNES) so yeah I'll be goin with the PS3 when I even decide to get it... Which most likely wont be for 6months or so after release, or longer.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2006-11-08 at 10:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-11-09, 02:37 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "That wasn't the point. Well I guess..."
You tell a die hard halo 1 fan that halo 2 is the same game and he'll kick your ass. You've obviously not played one or the other, they're pretty damn different.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-11-09, 09:21 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You tell a die hard halo 1 fan that..."
I have... Sure they introduced Boosting for Cov vehicles, and dual wielding, changed the power of most weapons, and allowed vehicles to blow up, and be locked onto. But... What are they going to do for halo 3? Tri-Wielding? The way I see the game theres nothing they couldnt change without say a patch that you have to pay for... All Halo 3 will be in my mind is updated graphics considering the system its on. That and maybe another weapon.

But I'd rather not wait untill 2010 to play it. (Yes I know they pushed it up to be released in 2007 but seriously... Do you honestly believe that?)

Just not worth it in my mind to pay over 500 bucks for a system where the only game I'd most likely play would be Oblivion =/ I'd rather just save an extra 200 for a system I know I would play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2006-11-09, 10:22 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "360, also looses money for each one..."
Microsoft lose money from the 360?

The PS3 hasn't been released yet and already Sony have predicted more than a $1.7 billion loss! They're having to make it up by taking profits from all the other divisions.

If the PS3 goes down in flames, Sony are goners.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny