Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

ChatGPT is amazing, I think we're fucked
Posted 2023-02-03, 06:40 PM
I'm only thinking of one way why at the moment: bots are now an easy thing to make. The amount of threads on reddit (and all social media) that are just ChatGPT/some fork/GPTx, etc. trained on a specific topic such as politics is going to explode.

it's already a thing, but now its more accessible and any manual part of posting/responding is removed. Not only removed but replaced with AI/ML, creating a better "bot" while increasing surface area

I think if the dead internet theory wasn't true before, its about to be
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2023-02-03, 10:39 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "ChatGPT is amazing, I think we're fucked"
Perhaps it says more about my social ineptness than anything else, but in many cases it's better at having non-technical conversations with humans than I am, if given some context, goals of the conversation and the last ~20 chat messages. All we need now is some Google Duplex-like technology that interfaces well with the real world, and we'll have the "dead internet theory" leaking into the real world in no time.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2023-03-16, 10:52 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "ChatGPT is amazing, I think we're fucked"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I think if the dead internet theory wasn't true before, its about to be
I was looking at dead internet theory last year. I was plowing ( ) through some Coding/Network Security for dummies books and was listening to dead internet theory. I've always felt like between facebook and google and all that, we sort of had our own version of a "China-Net". I actually looked up Zelaron with this on my mind. It's a website from the "before age", from before the internet was changed. I don't know how to explain it, the adds and pop ups are.... different. Youtube feels basically the same way Television used to feel, the frequency of adds and stuff.

I can't help but notice content creators on Youtube are basically acting like they're all about to exodus out, lowkey. As for Meta, nuff said. So what happens when these two big things that are basically attached to everything on our side of the web go down? Probably nothing as severe as I imagine.

As for the subject of accessibility of, if I understand what you said ( I might not have!) the ability to copy-paste shit, right? Make your own OP Ai, just copy-paste the mfer right in! That's basically what happened to Video Games afrer Flappy Bird/ANgry Birds.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai