Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Ah, my bad. The-Works is toilet..."
Same difference.

What happens is:

The reactions with the NaOH and the Al forms Hydrogen gas. Since it's a fairly violent reaction, a lot of the gas is formed, quickly, which causes a closed container to explode. Warm NaOH should be a lot more violent.

Oh, water is needed, too:

2Al(s) + 2NaOH(aq) + 6H20(l) ===> 2NaAl(OH)4(aq) + 3H2(g)

Basically it happens because the strong base (Sodium Hydroxide) attacks the aluminium and reacts with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh, that stuff. Well, not that stuff,..."
Lenny said:
Oh, that stuff. Well, not that stuff, but I know what it is.

Righto.

Any idea which chemical in it reacts with the aluminium? Just thinking, if you can get the chemical on its own, and heat it up before adding the aluminium balls, the reaction may be more violent and result in a bigger explosion.

EDIT: My my! !K_A! seems to be a psychic!
Actually, I was wrong, it's the Hydrocloric acid. I'll link a video here.

Someone suggested to put a bunch of nuts and bolts in the bottle and stick it in a mailbox, and it will blow the mailbox to pieces.

http://theubergeeks.net/2005/08/21/the-works-bomb/

Also, it's good to not crumple up the aluminum foil balls TOO much, because the more surface area that is exposed, the faster the reaction will happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Actually, I was wrong, it's the..."
The internet says the same thing will happen with the Sodium Hydroxide. And it makes sense.

Same thing should work with HCl - the Hydrogen is there, for starters... Hydrochloric Acid + Aluminium ==> Hydrogen + Aluminium Chloride, I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Actually, I was wrong, it's the..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Also, it's good to not crumple up the aluminum foil balls TOO much, because the more surface area that is exposed, the faster the reaction will happen.

Yes, well, some of us want to have enough time to get away from it

Edit: Oh, and I'm sorry I hijacked this thread and turned it into Terrorism 101.. Lmao.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:53 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, well, some of us want to have..."
D3V said:
Yes, well, some of us want to have enough time to get away from it

Edit: Oh, and I'm sorry I hijacked this thread and turned it into Terrorism 101.. Lmao.
It's not going to happen so fast that you can't get away unless you're doing something really crazy. Get a really good bottle and don't be stupid and you're in for some fun.

I've heard Vault bottles work REALLY well.

Also, do be careful, getting caught doing this can land you up to 10 years in prison from what I've heard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's not going to happen so fast that..."
10 years for carrying out a slightly modified practical that is done in the lab?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "10 years for carrying out a slightly..."
If you blow up someone's mailbox, then yeah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:05 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If you blow up someone's mailbox, then..."
Heh, they won't miss it.

Anyway, what's wrong with the little holes in doors we like to call a "letterbox"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Heh, they won't miss it. Anyway,..."
Well when people have driveways that are miles long, that's kinda hard to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Heh, they won't miss it. Anyway,..."
Someone said you can crush up a bottle and put the mix in and then stick it in an old VCR and it will blow the VCR in half/into pieces.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:07 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well when people have driveways that..."
Gives the paperboy/postman exercise, they do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Heh, they won't miss it. Anyway,..."
Lenny said:
Heh, they won't miss it.

Anyway, what's wrong with the little holes in doors we like to call a "letterbox"?
I think that would be considered borderline terrorism, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think that would be considered..."
Nahnahnah. I meant "why bother with having a mailbox when there's little holes in people's doors through which the postman can post the letters?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nahnahnah. I meant "why bother with..."
Lenny said:
Nahnahnah. I meant "why bother with having a mailbox when there's little holes in people's doors through which the postman can post the letters?
Oh. I like my interpretation of it better.

Wouldn't that be great? You're sitting around the TV with your family and something falls through the letterbox, dad goes to pick it up and it blows his fucking hand off and acid spews all over everyone. Now that's good quality family-time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh. I like my interpretation of it..."
Nothing brings the family closer together like a severed limb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 03:43 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nothing brings the family closer..."
It's almost time for us to change out our old, weatherd mailbox, I'm thinking youtube time as we "change it out" Videos to come... hopefully.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 04:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's almost time for us to change out..."
If you do that and video tape it, I'll do something. I don't know what, but something good. Maybe paypal you $10.

Actually, I found a video of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hSVlw9rgIFA

Pretty cool, IMO. I like how he makes the bomb, puts it in all casually, and takes his sweet time tying up the mailbox. I thought it was going to blow up right in his face.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-06-25 at 04:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 04:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you do that and video tape it, I'll..."
Ahhahaaha, Nice!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 05:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ahhahaaha, Nice!"
D3V said:
Ahhahaaha, Nice!
Do it with nuts and bolts and nails though, don't forget!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-26, 06:32 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you do that and video tape it, I'll..."
Hot daym, now that's 'n acksent!

Nice little explosion, that was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny