Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2007-06-25, 09:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It is really unhealthy. It increases..."
I've also been told eating pot seeds lowers your sperm count. Not sure how much of either of those is true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 09:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've also been told eating pot seeds..."
Here's a nifty thing about it that I found.

Quote:
What Is Known About Aluminum Foil

Aluminum foil is very pure- in fact it is 99.9% pure, with the .1% being various residues from the manufacturing process that are burned off at low temperature and other impurities found within the material.

Humans contact aluminum from various sources throughout their everyday routines. Common uses for aluminum are: food (naturally occurring) & food additives, antacids & other pharmaceuticals, cooking utensils, soil, drinking water, air, and electronics.

Aluminum has a shiny and a dull side- there is no difference to the two sides, this is caused by the manufacturing of aluminum. The sheets are too thin to cut one at a time, so they cut two pieces at a time, causing a shiny and dull side.

Average human intake of aluminum is around 3grams (a little higher inCanada because the drinking water is treated with higher concentrations of aluminum).

Aluminum, at temperatures below melting point, does not give off gas or vapor.

What Is Alzheimer’s Disease?

Alzheimer’s Disease is a progressive disease that affects the brain- causing mental deterioration, disorientation, depression, memory lapses.

When studies have been perform on patients with Alzheimer’s Disease scientist have found that patients have high concentration (10-30 times the normal) of Aluminum in their systems.

Studies were conducted in order to find out if people who drink water with high concentrations of aluminum had a higher risk at developing Alzheimer’s Disease. These studies did show there was an increased risk- HOWEVER, studies have been done where individuals drank water without being treated with aluminum and found the same risk of developing Alzheimer’s.

These two test indicate that there may be genetic reasons why some individuals develop Alzheimer’s.

Studies performed on patients have not found a common factor in the development of Alzheimer’s Disease

Scientist do not know if Alzheimer’s Disease causes higher concentrations of aluminum, or if it is caused by high concentrations of aluminum.

Smoking Using Aluminum Foil

Most brands of aluminum foil (Renoyld’s Wrap with the anti-stick coating and similar brands being the exception), are untreated and remain 99.9% aluminum (again with the .1% being residues and other agents in the manufacturing process)

In order to inhale aluminum it would have to be changed from a solid to a vapor. This requires a lot of heat. More heat than what it produced by a butane lighter. A butane lighter is not even capable of melting aluminum, if a lighter fails to melt the aluminum, it will not be able to change the aluminum into a vapor.

Conclusion
I put this together so individuals can make an educated decision on if they want to use aluminum foil for smoking marijuana.
So pretty much, Aluminum has been shown to be in very high concentrations in people with Alzheimers, but it's not known whether or not it's the cause. Also, Aluminum doesn't put off any vapors or anything unless it's at the melting point, so most likely it's safe to use aluminum foil pipes. I'd say don't risk it though, and just get a real one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 10:45 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Here's a nifty thing about it that I..."
Yeah I wouldn't risk it. Just shell out the $15-$20 to buy a glass pipe. They're much more healthier/convenient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 11:17 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah I wouldn't risk it. Just shell out..."
I'm sure whatever material you choose to smoke out of it probably won't harm you anymore than the drug itself. Just don't use plastic...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-06-25, 11:39 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I'm sure whatever material you choose..."
Marijuana isn't very harmful at all actually, asside from the fact that you're smoking it. It also has plenty of beneficial effects.

If you cook with it, it's virtually unharmful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 12:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Apple"
I'm confused .

You know if you take some drain-o and Aluminum foil balls, put them into a 2 liter, shake it up, put on the cap, and get a safe distance away, it'll explode.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2007-06-25 at 12:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 12:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm confused o_O. You know if you..."
I used to do that all the time with my friends when we'd get baked. We'd fill up a few bottles with The Works(I think it works the same as drain-o, it has to have a certain kind of acid in it I think.) Then we'd make a bunch of aluminum foil balls and carry them with us, take the bottles around the neighborhood and make the bombs when we got to where we wanted to explode them. I did one once where I went in someone's yard and they had a driveway going to their garage. I went up to the garage and put a bomb like 1 foot from the door and when it blew it dented the fucking garage door. We came back the next day and saw it, it was crazy.

My friend did some once when I wasn't there, he put a couple bombs on someone's porch and when they exploded, the acid melted the peoples lawn chairs. It ended up in the newspaper(but he didn't get caught.)

I feel kinda bad for doing these things now, even though they were funny as shit back then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I used to do that all the time with my..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I used to do that all the time with my friends when we'd get baked. We'd fill up a few bottles with The Works(I think it works the same as drain-o, it has to have a certain kind of acid in it I think.) Then we'd make a bunch of aluminum foil balls and carry them with us, take the bottles around the neighborhood and make the bombs when we got to where we wanted to explode them. I did one once where I went in someone's yard and they had a driveway going to their garage. I went up to the garage and put a bomb like 1 foot from the door and when it blew it dented the fucking garage door. We came back the next day and saw it, it was crazy.

My friend did some once when I wasn't there, he put a couple bombs on someone's porch and when they exploded, the acid melted the peoples lawn chairs. It ended up in the newspaper(but he didn't get caught.)

I feel kinda bad for doing these things now, even though they were funny as shit back then.

Haha, man, great times. We made some mega-drain-o bombs back in our day with me and my buddies, we would take milk jugs and a few 2 liters, usually about 4-5 total, and took them to our local corner gas station and tossed them into this dumpster, tossed the lids on the 2liters, and the lid on the dumpster, and took off running, it was so funny 2 of them actually went off at the same time and popped the lids off somehow it was crazy, and the other 3 I suppose never went off because of the first blast.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm confused o_O. You know if you..."
How long before they explode after you shake them?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:21 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "How long before they explode after you..."
Depends on how much pressure needs to build before the container can't take anymore. For soda bottles, it takes a while, since they're pretty durable and the cap doesn't just pop off. I'm not really sure how well a milk jug would work, since even the screw on cap milk jugs aren't all that well sealed, at least not when compared to a soda bottle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Depends on how much pressure needs to..."
I'm trying this soon. The random things you can learn at Zelaron. lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm trying this soon. The random things..."
Thanatos said:
I'm trying this soon. The random things you can learn at Zelaron. lol.
Just don't let that shit explode on you. Wait until you're ready to set the bomb to put the aluminum foil balls in, and don't seal the lid until you're absolutely ready. You'll really get fucked up if it explodes on you.

It's really nice when you get a good bottle that doesn't explode easily. I had one take 2 minutes to actually explode once, and that fucker was LOUD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Depends on how much pressure needs to..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Depends on how much pressure needs to build before the container can't take anymore. For soda bottles, it takes a while, since they're pretty durable and the cap doesn't just pop off. I'm not really sure how well a milk jug would work, since even the screw on cap milk jugs aren't all that well sealed, at least not when compared to a soda bottle.

Yeah, we used some quik-dry adhesive on the milkjugs, and we're the loudest definately, usually we fill about 1/4 of the 2 liter with rolled up tiny aluminium foiil balls, then just pour another 1/4 of draino..

Disclaimer: this is for education purposes only, doing this to your neighbor's mailbox could get you put in prison, *yes it is a federal offense*, or even worse, you could hurt yourself, or one of your friends, be cautious. Thanks!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, we used some quik-dry adhesive on..."
Wow, that would be awesome. Fill a 20 oz bottle with drain-o and aluminum foil balls, stick it in someone's mailbox. I'd never thought of that, or else I might have tried it. I bet it would be cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Wow, that would be awesome. Fill a 20..."
I wonder what would happen if you did it in some kind of really thick bottle. Maybe a really thick glass wine bottle with the cork hammered in... the pressure needed to explode something like that must be enormous!

And might I ask, what is this "drain-o"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I wonder what would happen if you did..."
It's toilet cleaner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I wonder what would happen if you did..."
Lenny said:
I wonder what would happen if you did it in some kind of really thick bottle. Maybe a really thick glass wine bottle with the cork hammered in... the pressure needed to explode something like that must be enormous!

And might I ask, what is this "drain-o"?
I suppose it's actually called, Drano.... but it is just a common Drain cleaner that you'd use in your kitchen to clean out your drains.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's toilet cleaner."
I believe it's sodium hydroxide in Drain-o and The works that reacts with the aluminum foil. I don't know the exact chemistry behind it, but I'm fairly certain it's the soxium hydroxide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I suppose it's actually called,..."
Oh, that stuff. Well, not that stuff, but I know what it is.

Righto.

Any idea which chemical in it reacts with the aluminium? Just thinking, if you can get the chemical on its own, and heat it up before adding the aluminium balls, the reaction may be more violent and result in a bigger explosion.

EDIT: My my! !K_A! seems to be a psychic!

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-06-25 at 02:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I believe it's sodium hydroxide in..."
Ah, my bad. The-Works is toilet cleaner. Drano is for unclogging shit, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!