Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2011-02-05, 11:21 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You fail to see that contradictions in..."
Err... no.

If you contradict something, you deny the truth of it and instead preach the opposite to the statement as gospel.

If I say "George Washington" and you say "Abe Lincoln", we're not contradicting each other - both answers are correct, as both are truth.

If you say "Contradiction is someone giving a correct answer to a question and someone then giving another correct answer" and I say "Contradiction is denying the truth of a statement", then that is contradiction.

Get it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2011-02-05, 12:14 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Err... no. If you contradict ..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Get it?
Don't hold your breath.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-06, 01:06 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Don't hold your breath."
For the first time in awhile, we have an interesting thread. My two cents will be up soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2011-02-11, 01:38 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "For the first time in awhile, we have..."
Slim said: [Goto]
For the first time in awhile, we have an interesting thread. My two cents will be up soon.
I have an interesting share that I feel goes well with this blog. Oddly enough, it refutes any of my beliefs I have stated thus far.

Reason for posting? I want every opponent in religious debates against the existence of a god to have the same reasoning.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1mf74n...om/zs/882.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2011-02-11, 08:53 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I have an interesting share that I feel..."
I understand where she is coming from with her argument, but I disagree that lack of proof disproves the existence of God.

"But you don't tell me you can't know that there isn't. I would say yes I know there isn't because I have been given no evidence."

Lack of evidence should not give a rational person certainty that something is untrue. This is why I'm agnostic and not atheist. It's entirely possible for something to be true and at the same time there be no proof of it. Maybe I just did a backflip, but I wasn't recording it and there were no witnesses. I know I did a backflip, but I can never prove that I did it. That would be a case where something is true and also has no proof.

Lack of proof should cast doubt on something, but not disprove it. I'm pretty sure I've argued extensively with MJordan/Desmethones about this in the past.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-11, 08:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Err... no. If you contradict ..."
BORKED
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-11, 08:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I understand where she is coming from..."
Thank you for at least saying "maybe", !K_A!
That has me content enough to leave the arguement.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-11, 03:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Thank you for at least saying "maybe",..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-11, 03:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5779/..."
I'm actually pretty content too. You have reasoned and argued rationally in a manner which promotes healthy debate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2011-02-14, 09:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I understand where she is coming from..."
Quote:
Lack of proof should cast doubt on something, but not disprove it. I'm pretty sure I've argued extensively with MJordan/Desmethones about this in the past.
This is essentially how I feel about it, somewhat. I just feel that human logic and understanding isn't capable of unwrapping the universe we live in. What if there are multiple universes? Mankind cannot grasp at these straws at more than things we can measure with our current intellect and technology, but it doesn't mean we should sit around and worship something that a group of men wrote a couple thousand years ago, we should instead go out and try to solve the answers as a human race.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-02-14, 08:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This is essentially how I feel about..."
I honestly don't care what's in the Universe/Multiverse. I have a laptop, and it works by me plugging it in, and programing it to do whatever I want it do. Gears turn, data saves. That's all I need to get by. All anyone else needs is to know how to make it. The world can be perfectly content with that.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-14, 09:40 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I honestly don't care what's in the..."
Well it's a good thing you can speak for the whole world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-15, 02:44 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I honestly don't care what's in the..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Gears turn
lolwut?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2011-02-15, 08:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well it's a good thing you can speak..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Well it's a good thing you can speak for the whole world.
Well, what purpose do you care? No matter how much you look at what a rock is made of, it's still just going to sit there, doing nothing but rock-ing around. The moon moves around us, the sun gives us light. Why bother looking at them and figuring out what direction everything is going? It's nothing special.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-15, 10:12 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, what purpose do you care? No..."
Having more knowledge is rarely a bad thing. If humans just took everything at face value and didn't ask questions, we would still be living in caves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-16, 05:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Having more knowledge is rarely a bad..."
And many less species would be dying. Including the planet itself.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-16, 08:04 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "And many less species would be dying...."
We wouldn't know that it is our fault or how to fix the problem and prevent it in the future if we didn't ask questions. Are you saying you agree with the nutjobs that call for all humans to kill themselves for the good of the planet? If so, please get started with yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-02-16, 10:39 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "And many less species would be dying...."
Skurai said: [Goto]
And many less species would be dying. Including the planet itself.
I can agree with this. But at the same time, we have the capability to fix our issues.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-02-16, 10:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We wouldn't know that it is our fault..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
We wouldn't know that it is our fault or how to fix the problem and prevent it in the future if we didn't ask questions. Are you saying you agree with the nutjobs that call for all humans to kill themselves for the good of the planet? If so, please get started with yourself.
No, that would be Mdselctr. (That's your cue, buddy!)
I just think we should turn off all types of Government, other than a basic law system, and toss out un-needed electronics. I don't need a 306 inch T.V. to go with my $6,000,000 DVD player. I'd much rather go for a walk with a good friend and talk. It lasts longer, is healthier, costs nothing, and harm nobody.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-02-16, 10:44 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "No, that would be Mdselctr. (That's..."
That's the nice thing about freedom. See, you're free to do whatever you want. Don't want to live with electronics? Turn them off or get rid of them. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else agrees. And that certainly isn't stopping you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!