Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

View Poll Results: Is the verdict of guilty for Derek Chauvin good or bad?
Good 5 100.00%
Bad 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Derek Chauvin Found Guilty
Posted 2021-04-20, 06:16 PM
Thoughts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2021-04-21, 02:40 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Derek Chauvin Found Guilty"

I think we need more accountability in our system and this is the first step. I think there will never be justice, but accountability is the first step of many that need to be taken so that this man did not die in vein. This does not erase the fact that many are still dying, like the victim in Ohio who was trying to ask for help, but was shot multiple times by "the good guys." Proper training needs to be done and enforced. And not everything warrants reaching for your gun first. But the best thing we can do as a civilian is to keep educating ourselves and listening to the black community to see what they live and not what we want to see because it's not happening to us.
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-04-22, 06:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Derek Chauvin Found Guilty"
Defund police.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2021-05-01, 12:57 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Derek Chauvin Found Guilty"
shitty human being abused power and kept a guy suffocated just cause he doesn't want to do what people around him were telling him to do (take his knee of the guy). now he'll be suffocating too, on Purple Passion's bbc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2021-05-01, 10:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Defund police."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Defund police.
Having friends who work in corrections/are police officers themselves, the part I hate most is this is a cumulation of bad training and a "vocal minority". I agree the police have too much money for sure but we need to shift their focus rather than remove them. More training, less deadly force available, more training, better personality screening, MORE TRAINING.

taser taser taser! HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT BETWEEN THOSE TWO OBJECTS! ALSO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON YOUR DOMINANT SIDE AND THE OTHER NON! THIS IS NOT HARD!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2021-05-01, 12:36 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Having friends who work in..."
When you don’t pay police well, they are more susceptible to corruption, so I don’t agree with removing money; I think rather that what is needed is, as you say, more investment in training, as well as direct oversight by an organization not under the same chain of command or on the same payroll, thus less likely to let things slide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2021-05-02, 01:18 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "When you don’t pay police well, they..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
When you don’t pay police well, they are more susceptible to corruption, so I don’t agree with removing money; I think rather that what is needed is, as you say, more investment in training, as well as direct oversight by an organization not under the same chain of command or on the same payroll, thus less likely to let things slide.
Well then pay them as warranted. Cops should never go in with a tenure mentality, this puts them in an invincible state. I am for reform, which means move the budget around. Put more money into training and stop pushing our police into a military state. Countries that do that are scary and who I thought we as Americans look down on. We need to do something before this happens.
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18