Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Titus: Come repair my home town
Posted 2009-01-30, 08:46 AM
95% of the town is without power (Madisonville, KY.) That's after a day of work from the power companies. Come do your thing, niggy. The ice storm really fucked Kentucky up. We had 36,000 out in Lexington, KY alone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-01-30, 08:55 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Titus: Come repair my home town"
Damn dude I heard abou that, how are you holdin up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-30, 09:34 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Damn dude I heard abou that, how are..."
Where I goto college is fine, but back there is a hell hole. Probably looters and shit, my rents are getting ready to go back to fend off looters. I'm probably going and taking pictures.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-01-30, 10:19 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Where I goto college is fine, but back..."
I'm actually surprised we're not heading to Kentucky... We are, however, sending about 50 men from our Florida operation to Little Rock, AK. I would love to head there and fix your lights dude, trust me! They must feel as though they have enoug resources to handle the outages?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-30, 11:06 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm actually surprised we're not..."
Apparently ...they say it'll be 2+ weeks before they restore power to the whole area. Apparently it's not important enough? Heh. The linemen my friends have talked to said that the amount of damage to the power infastructure was much more substantial than hurricane katrina caused. At least for the respective areas they've seen. There's close to 50k customers without power in my home county ...and the county doesn't have 50,000 people (entire population + businesses without power.)

My rents don't want me to come so I'll respect their wishes, but our home of the past 16 years has been damaged worse than ever. We've had F4 tornadoes through the city, ice storms almost every year, and very bad wind events. But this ice storm has damaged the area worse than anything. The hospital almost ran out of diesel to power its generators (it was down to 30 gallons, which doesn't amount to much for a very large industrial generator.)

So yea, I'm surprised they aren't getting as much help as they can get. I guess it boils down to it being costly, so they'll sacrifice a few more lives.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-01-31, 06:59 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Apparently ...they say it'll be 2+..."
Well, it's not like mycompany is this power house company that everyone knows about. Power companies only know us if we've worked for them before, and we don't have our foot in the door with this particular area. This is a good time to get it in there though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-02-02, 03:04 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Apparently ...they say it'll be 2+..."
This is just proof God hates Kentucky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack