Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Problem with XP and need battleset for guard
Posted 2006-12-25, 08:11 PM
Uh....yeah, wut I said in title. I need a battleset for the default guard character if someone can please please please make that for me. I'm not very good with making that kinda stuff. And I have a problem with the
transparentliness in RMXP. Here's a screenshot of the problem

I've tried reimporting it and setting the right transparent color, but that doesn't work. I don't know what's up with it...

Here are some pictures of the guard stuff if you need them = guard chipset,
random battleset, random battleset2
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-26, 07:48 AM in reply to Slyvr's post "Problem with XP and need battleset for..."
If you're in XP then the chipset for any character should have four positions rather than 3 - left, right, up and down, I think. I don't know about the battlesets, though, as it's been weel over a year since I tried them, maybe closer to two, in fact.

As for your transparencies problem, I think it might be the 'level' that those items are on. If you place the house over the grass on the same level, then it will show the colour that is supposed to be transparent over it. But if you have the grass on level one, and the house on level two, then the house should show up without the transparencies.

Let me finish my posting, and I'll put together a little diagram to explain it if you don't follow me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-27, 06:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you're in XP then the chipset for..."
No, I think I have it set to the second level for the house...Maybe not...I'll go check it again later. And for the guard, i'm using 2k3, but I think I'll just edit the red soldier guy's battleset...get rid of the horns and make him blue and it might look alright.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-27, 06:11 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "No, I think I have it set to the second..."
Ah, OK. I thought you might be using the side-battle script for XP and hence needed the correct battlers.

I forgot to make the diagram, too. Sorry.

Basically, the grass needs to be right at the bottom (if you don't know, then it's the level where the icon is the orange plane below two grey planes), and the house and whatever else needs to be above (either orange plane in the middle, or on top).

If that doesn't solve the problem, then you may need to play around with the chipset and change the colour to be transparent, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-27, 06:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, OK. I thought you might be using..."
...I know how to use the diff levels...but, I have another question...for the third level there is always a transparent tile u can walk on and one you cannot. Are you supposed to have to say what you can and cannot walk on by using the transparent tiles that say so on that layer? It seems kinda tedious and I'd rather just use rm2k3 if I always have to do this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-28, 04:10 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "...I know how to use the diff..."
We get so many people who don't know how to use a keyboard properly, let alone one of the RMs that you start to explain everything as much as you can.

And in answer to your question... let me just pass you on to our resident RMXP guru.

I bearly use the program, you see.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny