Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post the bible:crap or wise?
Posted 2007-03-28, 09:00 PM
as we all know the bible was written ages ago, some of us think its crap some of us think it predicts the future but in all cases we can all say that what the bible says can be wise? for instance

i forgot what proverb says it but it says:"the inexpert believes all he hears, but the wise considers his steps"
which basically can be translated to

"a noob does what other tell him, but a human actually thinks before he acts"

do you think we could use this to teach future generations to you know NOt be losers?(like yours truly) and if so can this realy improve the way we live in real life? can this then prove the bible isn't crap?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-03-28, 11:33 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "the bible:crap or wise?"
The Bible has some good messages and ideas (more notably in the New Testament), but too much hate and intolerance lives in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-29, 12:40 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "The Bible has some good messages and..."
I think Jesus Christ is the ideal idol. However, I think it would be better if we taught moral values to children without the use of religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-03-29, 10:29 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I think Jesus Christ is the ideal idol...."
It would be, but that'd be difficult for many.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-29, 10:51 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It would be, but that'd be difficult..."
I believe in Jesus but to me the Bible is full of BS....it was written by men, and men have imaginations.

Its like the mormon shit, some idiot thinks something up and it becomes a religion.....rofl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-03-29, 11:08 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I believe in Jesus but to me the Bible..."
Religion does teach children good morals, the bible is no different. The problem with teaching kids good morals with religion, is you also teach them a bunch of bullshit.

Jesus did not raise from his grave. When people die they stay dead. My life isn't controlled by "God," my life is controlled by me. If I kill someone, bad things will happen to me, I can't just repent and be cleansed of my sins, people pay for what they do and saying "I'm sorry" doesn't get you off the hook.

The bible itself is bullshit. The morals in it from the stories are not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-29, 03:39 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I believe in Jesus but to me the Bible..."
It was always said that people who write stories and poems have a gift of exxageration. This applies to everything any man has ever written including the bible. It was a damn good story though. I think Jahova is full of shit and that someday Jesus will be all like FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER and kill him and take over with his cool way of living life.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-29, 09:02 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "It was always said that people who..."
so basically the tool for which your teaching with is teh shit and WHat your teachign is usefull? wow aethestic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-03-29, 09:10 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "so basically the tool for which your..."
Well i'm agnostic,I believe some things in the bible and somethings i just feel are not true.I feel that when we die its gonna be something we didn't expect at all and is gonna be totally different from what we were taught or what we believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sasuke Senpai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSasuke Senpai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sasuke Senpai

Posted 2007-03-30, 06:20 PM in reply to Sasuke Senpai's post starting "Well i'm agnostic,I believe some things..."
...If you ask me, I'd say whoever wrote the bible was a pothead. Everyone was a pothead back then, they thought it cleansed your mind or some shit. So...everyone's smokin pot and writing religions...And somehow ppl still manage to try and decipher the pothead's nonsense.

We don't live in a marshmellow world...
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-03-30, 08:04 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "...If you ask me, I'd say whoever wrote..."
Smoking pot doesn't make one hallucinate things that are seen in the Bible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-30, 08:06 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Smoking pot doesn't make one..."
KagomJack said:
Smoking pot doesn't make one hallucinate things that are seen in the Bible.
Oh, it does. It does. If it's laced with PCP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-03-30, 10:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Religion does teach children good..."
!K¡ng_Amazon! said:
If I kill someone, bad things will happen to me, I can't just repent and be cleansed of my sins, people pay for what they do and saying "I'm sorry" doesn't get you off the hook.
Unless you're a person of wealth and/or influence. Then saying "sorry" does work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-31, 10:19 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Oh, it does. It does. If it's laced..."
I thought that was a given. :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-31, 11:55 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Unless you're a person of wealth and/or..."
You are so wrong dude. If you got lots of money then you don't need to say sorry at all, in fact you can say I'm glad that bastard is dead, and still get off the hook.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-31, 06:39 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "You are so wrong dude. If you got lots..."
Or kill all those who question you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-02, 02:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Or kill all those who question you."
true true
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu