Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Will the N-gage make it?
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Post Is N-gage worth it?
Posted 2003-08-13, 08:28 PM
I for one am seriously thinking about it. I currently don't have a cell phone, plus it would be so tight to play 1st person shooters(my fav) online ANYWHERE. Without having a labtop ect... I'm gunna have to put away for the 300$.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-14, 09:53 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
I heard it was a lousy cell phone, and you have to remove the batteries everytime you switch games, plus they only have 1 half-way decent game out (don't remember what it was).

You'd be much better off buying a GBA and a cell phone seperately, or if you want wait for the PSX.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-14, 10:00 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
Not worth it at all. It's very cheaply made.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-14, 01:45 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
Sweet. Whats PsX?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-14, 05:15 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
Sony's upcoming portable console. It's supposed to play Playstation 1 games (in a new cartridge form probably) and new games with Playstation 1 type graphics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-15, 11:26 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
N-gage is supposed to have PS1 graphics. Sega already tried consoles when they made the Game Gear. I think thats what it was called? It was color and it ran out of batteries hella fast!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-15, 05:06 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
I have a Game Gear, it has a back lit screen which is nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2003-08-17, 05:14 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
N-Gage doesn't have online anywhere. It just has multiplayer gaming via wireless linking. You can play FPS multiplayer, but the players still have to be present.

And for $300, which I'm pretty sure the retail price is, might as well get a GBA SP with about 4 games. 0.o But I still think the N-Gage is pretty cool
Flame me.

My DeadJournal...you know you want to.

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Last edited by InvaderJon; 2003-08-18 at 04:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-08-19, 12:07 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
InvaderJon said:
N-Gage doesn't have online anywhere. It just has multiplayer gaming via wireless linking. You can play FPS multiplayer, but the players still have to be present.

And for $300, which I'm pretty sure the retail price is, might as well get a GBA SP with about 4 games. 0.o But I still think the N-Gage is pretty cool

I talked to one of the guys at my local Gamestop and he said it has online, and multiplayer via wireless.
GBA isn't a cell phone, and it doesn't have online capabilites. I'll just wait till one of my friends gets one to see if its worth buying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-24, 12:55 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
Xenn said:
Sony's upcoming portable console. It's supposed to play Playstation 1 games (in a new cartridge form probably) and new games with Playstation 1 type graphics.
Thats the PSP, not PSX. Ant the N-Gage looks awful. I would never but it. It's made by NOKIA.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2003-08-24, 01:00 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Is N-gage worth it?"
The n-gage does look bad. Ive seen it. Ugly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign