Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Post Game Police
Posted 2003-10-21, 02:58 PM
From Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird (.819)

www.newsoftheweird.com

WEEK OF OCTOBER 19, 2003

LEAD STORY

According to a September BBC report, police in South Korea are investigating some of the 22,000 complaints made already this year by computer gamers that characters and property that they have acquired in such all-consuming games as "EverQuest" and "Ultima Online" have been stolen by hackers and sold to other gamers to make their own playing more successful. Experts say such theft of "intangibles" should be punishable by law, but the value of the stolen property might be inconsequential, except to those players whose entire lives revolve around a game and for whom the acquisition of a character or property might have involved hundreds of hours of playing. [BBC News, 9-29-03]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-10-21, 04:51 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
That's just retarded :-d, prolly 12 year old kids complaining too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Oreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:37 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
Yeah... People take this seriously... I mean it's stupid to hack someone else's account...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-22, 05:43 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
and its pathetic to cry over a lost one
don't stop war otherwise the end will never come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-10-22, 08:39 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
It's also pathetic to spend the time to steal one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-22, 08:07 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
Weeded and moved to announcements.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 11:53 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
Somewhat interasting this is -- but dont worrie, ole' tacos not worried at all. I may move my operation over to Everquest soon... accounts are worth more... heh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-10-23, 01:23 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
EDIT: Nothing to see here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-25, 06:05 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
http://www.geocities.com/bnclansite/rawr.htm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2003-10-25, 06:46 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
tacoX said:
Somewhat interasting this is -- but dont worrie, ole' tacos not worried at all. I may move my operation over to Everquest soon... accounts are worth more... heh.
Well I know penguin has already started on Ultima Online accounts...

Game accounts to hack/scam:

Runescape
Ultima Online
Everquest
Ragnarok Online

I will post more once I see game accounts that go for quite a bit on eBay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-25, 08:37 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Game Police"
Who would want to buy anything for any computer game. Honestly, If I buy something, that isn't real, what the fuck kind of person does that make me.

I think it does these people some good to lose their accounts, maybe they can play an instrument, get a job, quit sitting on their asses playing on the 'puter.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V