Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Need good free web hosting
Posted 2007-04-19, 02:18 PM
Can someone tell me where i could find a good free web hosting site?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:04 PM in reply to Asamin's post "Need good free web hosting"
I would do... but my host has gone and put banner ads at the bottom of pages. At the moment I'm searching around for a free host with no ads.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I would do... but my host has gone and..."
I got mine from an acquaintance across the pond, farther up the bank than Lenny, though...

Generally no one will ever give decent web hosting to anyone without something in return. Thats how I got stuck spriting all original graphics for the aforementioned acquaintance's game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:14 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I got mine from an acquaintance across..."
Saying that, there do seem to be quite a few good, free hosts, who stay free and ad-free because of their forums, but you've got to have ten posts a month.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Saying that, there do seem to be quite..."
Zelaron Should offer 1GB hosting to anyone with over 1000 posts. Either that or 100% activity, seeing as to how people wouldn't, no, can't spam to cheat that system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:24 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Zelaron Should offer 1GB hosting to..."
You can spam to cheat both systems - 4 spams a day for 28 days gets you 100%, or 10 spams a day for 100 days for 1000 posts.

If you were going to go by posts, then something like 5000 should be the minimum, I'd say. 1000 is far too easy to get too.

In fact... there's a question - what happened to the ads that used to be at the bottom of the main page? The little text links...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-20, 03:50 PM in reply to Asamin's post "Need good free web hosting"
The server is actually close to out of HD space at most times, and our bandwidth sucks, so any hosting offer would be on the contingency that you get kicked off if you actually generate any traffic
Now, processing power, on the other hand, we have in abundance...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-21, 01:48 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The server is actually close to out of..."
And there is no way to get around these restrictions and move the web site to somewhere with more HD space and better bandwidth?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-21, 02:00 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "And there is no way to get around these..."
To fix the HD space, I'd have to upgrade my server, which would be a pain. As for the bandwidth, there's no need, and I'd rather not switch hosts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-21, 02:18 PM in reply to Asamin's post "Need good free web hosting"
I still have an old free Brinkster account, I don't know if they still offer them but it was decent enough for a small info website. Wasn't really good for offering downloads though, for obvious reasons.

Just keep looking I guess...or pay up lol.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-04-22, 09:06 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I still have an old free Brinkster..."
I can't pay because i'm a 14 year old kid! I don't have a cridit card!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-22, 10:37 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I can't pay because i'm a 14 year old..."
So your parents don't have a credit card or bank account either?

I just give the cash to my sister, and then she pays with her paypal account.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-22, 01:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "So your parents don't have a credit..."
Do what I do: MOOCH!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-23, 01:25 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Do what I do: MOOCH!"
My mom isn't like that...
I can't mooch or get her to pay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin