Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post School work, stupid crap
Posted 2003-02-11, 08:44 AM
We had to read an article (Im in class right now) and answer some questions, ill copy and paste the whole thing. Its so much bullshit im about to like... not even do it... its so much crap, and its so stupid. here

SCHOOLWIDE AIMS TEST-PREP ACTIVITY
Session 19: Reading Comprehension
Teacher Guide

Directions: The following essay was written by a student for a parent newsletter. Read the essay and answer the questions that follow. Hints: Good readers usually look at the questions first to have a sense of what they need to look for in the passage when reading. They return to the passage to verify the response they have chosen when answering the questions. You should do the same thing when you tackle reading comprehension passages.

Get Kids Off the Internet

Parents and teachers used to be concerned about the overuse of television by teenagers. Now, they should worry about the hours students spend on the Internet. A research study recently showed that two thirds of people between the ages of nine and seventeen prefer the Internet to television. I believe adults should limit the time people under age seventeen spend on the Internet each day.
When kids spend excessive time playing on the Internet, they hinder the jobs of some adults. A study showed that young people from nine to eleven are on the Internet at least three times per week to play games, write notes, and download music. Fifteen to seventeen year-olds are online an average of five times each week. As a person whose mother makes a living on the computer, I see her constantly suffer the frustrating experience of delays in getting on the Internet. Once she has finally succeeded in getting online, it takes forever to get from site to site. She has noticed a dramatic difference in how much more crowded and slow access to the Internet is after school hours and on weekends when students are not at school. When schools were closed during a recent blizzard, my mom had to stop working because the Internet was jammed with kids chatting and surfing. The information highway is just too busy these days. Someone must get out of the way, and it should not be those who are using the Internet for their jobs.
My reasons for wishing to limit kids’ use of the Internet are not entirely selfish, though. There is potential harm to teenagers. First, there are psychological problems and safety issues. Who knows how harmful it is for a teenager to spend long hours in front of the computer? Also, physical injury is a very real prospect.
Many people agree that there are worthwhile reasons for kids to use computers. Use of computers for school and homework should not be discouraged. However, parents should set Internet time limits for the sake of their children and out of consideration for professional users.

1. The main purpose of the passage is –
a. to describe
b. to persuade
c. to entertain
d. to give information

2. Which of the following sentences best paraphrases the thesis of this essay?
a. The Internet is a good place for teenagers when they have nothing else to do.
b. The Internet gets jammed when there is a blizzard.
c. Teenagers overuse the Internet.
d. Young people should have limited use of the Internet.

3. Which of the following is an opinion rather than a fact?
a. b. Teens spend an average of 5 times per week online.
c. The Internet is slow when many people are online.
d. Young children are online about 3 times a week.

4. Which of the following is not used to establish the author’s argument?
a. Students can be harmed by using the Internet.
b. Students use the Internet for homework.
c. Sometimes it takes a very long time to get online and to the sites.
d. Teenagers spend excessive time playing on the Internet.

5. If you wanted to do further research about what teens do and how much time they spend on the Internet, which source would most likely contain helpful information?
a. a newspaper article about the latest scams in advertising on the Internet
b. a web site for students doing research about homework preferences
c. a journal article about how the Internet impacts students’ lives
d. a book about activities for young people
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-02-11, 09:04 AM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
Just pick C, its always the answer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-02-11, 09:26 AM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
OMG, I remember those dumb ass tests!! I don't know why they bother with that shit? They should break up high school slightly like college, so you don't have to waste your time with the pointless classes that will never help you...

That'll never happen though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-02-11, 09:32 AM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
school is for kids
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-02-11, 09:37 AM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
School sucks, I'm too cool to go back. - Eminem

But it really does, although college is a lot of fun too!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-02-11, 04:56 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
as long as its going to get me a high paying job, I'm a very happy man.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2003-02-11, 06:00 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
Wow... I think I did that artical when I was in 2nd grade....

Good school penguin .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-02-22, 08:16 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
C is always? play ini meini mini mo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PuNk dadEO is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPuNk dadEO is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

PuNk dadEO

Posted 2003-02-22, 08:18 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
Ban him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:43 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
Sum Yung Guy said:
school is for kids, which is why this forum's posters go to school.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2003-03-11, 12:43 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
Penguin flip a coin... err a 4 sided coin?...bye
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2003-03-11, 08:06 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
tacoX said:
Wow... I think I did that artical when I was in 2nd grade....

Good school penguin .

hey we dont all go to 'special' schools like you so chill

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-03-12, 02:13 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
YAY IM SPECIAL!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2003-03-13, 06:58 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
"Schools for fools look at me!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gladius is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGladius is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gladius

Posted 2003-03-18, 05:08 PM in reply to Penguin's post "School work, stupid crap"
were kinda afraid too
LLAMAS RULE!!! LLAMAS RULE!!! EVERYONE SHOULD WORSHIP LLAMAS!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MadLlama69