Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

HP 6...maybe not.
Posted 2004-11-28, 05:38 AM
I've been searching for news on Kingdom Hearts 2, when I came across this, the apparent first chapter for HP 6:

HP and the Reviving Wand.

Chapter One

Back To the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter was sitting in his bedroom in the second story of Number Four Privet Drive, doing his holiday homework from a book that read, Potion Making, a Necessity, when a very handsome white owl and an old looking barn owl flew through his open window. The letters, Harry thought, contained his best friends' presents to him on his birthday. "Thanks Hedwig," Harry said to the owl as he untied the piece of parchment attached to the owl's leg. Hedwig hooted happily and flew over to her cage. Harry opened one letter from one of his best friends: Ron Weasley.

Dear Harry,

Happy Birthday! I can't believe that McGonagall persuaded Snape to give you another chance to get into his N.E.W.T. potions class! You must really want to be an Auror to do another two years with Snape! Anyways, good luck with that what...thirty inches of parchment for Snape!

Harry looked down on his work. He had been working on the essay for three weeks and he still only had twenty-five inches of parchment finished. He was having trouble with the last five inches. He sighed. He glanced back down at Ron's letter.

Dad's been promoted! He works at the Improper Use of Magic office now. He says that maybe it's time to reel in the gold!

Harry laughed at this. Mr. Weasley had always been in the Improper Use of Muggle Artifacts office for some time. His obsession with muggles had kept him there, which was a bad thing for it was a low paying job.

Percy's moved back in. Mum cried for hours! She was all saying, "You- know-who's back isn't he? Isn't he?" I think she's gone mad. Percy apologized a lot to dad. Now they're not having a go at each other every time they see each other.
Percy's getting married! Sick I say! WHO WOULD MARRY HIM? He's marrying that Clearwater woman.
-See you!
RON

Harry thought, Percy getting married. That was a laugh. He reached over to Ron's present and opened it. It contained a fancy watch that look very heavy, but was as light as a feather. "I really needed a watch!" Harry exclaimed for his old one had stopped working during his fourth year. He reached over at the other letter and unraveled it.

Dear Harry,

Happy Birthday Harry! Congratulations on getting permission from Snape to get into his N.E.W.T. class! I'm taking that class too! Could you come to the Leaky Cauldron a week before term starts? I've already told Ron and he says he can come. I can proofread your essay!
Did you hear? Percy's getting married to Penelope Clearwater! Isn't it romantic? Things at home are so much easier now that we can use magic during the holidays!
Best wishes,
Hermione

Hermione had sent Harry a pack of talking playing cards. "Cool!" Harry thought. He leaned over and muttered "Obliviate!" and his candle burst into a flame. The flame portrayed all of his school things, from his books to his racing broom, the Firebolt. The Dursleys had taken heed to Moody's threat and let Harry do whatever he wanted. Plus, they were also scared of him since he could now do magic outside of school grounds.

The next morning, Harry went down to breakfast to find his Uncle reading the newspaper, Dudley watching the television, and his aunt cooking breakfast. When he entered the room they all froze and stared at him in fear. He pulled out his wand and they all flinched. Dudley started to whimper. Harry loved being able to do this. After fifteen years of torture from his Aunt and Uncle, he was finally getting his payback.

They ate in silence. The Dursleys kept glancing nervously at Harry thinking if they spoke, he would turn them into rats or something. After breakfast was over, a small twittering owl flew threw the window carrying a letter in his beak. Harry brought the little owl over to himself and tore the letter out of his beak. He read:

Dear Harry,

Muggles treating you fine? Dad told me to tell you, that we taking you back to the Order of the Phoenix's headquarters. Can't tell you when just in case Pig's intercepted. I doubt it though. Fastest little thing in the world this owl is. Hermione's already here.
-Later!
RON

"Back there?" Harry thought. Then the death of Sirius loomed over him again. He kept having nightmares about Sirius' death. He felt he didn't even want to go back. But, Harry thought, he had to be ready in case they came any moment then. He went upstairs and started packing his things, but it went much faster since he could use magic. Harry spent the next few days mulling over Snape's essay.

On the third day, he finished the essay and stuffed it into his trunk. He thought that he maybe go for a spin on his Firebolt. So, he snatched up his Firebolt and headed down the stairs. "W-where are you going?" Uncle Vernon asked in a very small voice. "Out," Harry replied very curtly.

Once outside, Harry sped around on this Firebolt for a few minutes when around ten figures apparated on the Dursleys front lawn. At the head of the pack, Harry could see Mad-eye Moody, Remus Lupin, and Tonks. "Come down boy!" a hoarse voice yelled which Harry recognized as Moody's. Harry flew down to them and they all greeted him very quickly.

Tonks followed him upstairs to find he had already packed. "I see you're ready!" Tonks told Harry, "Locomotor trunk!" Harry's trunk hovered a few inches off the ground and started floating down the stairs. The guard was now in the kitchen and Lupin was speaking to a very terrified Uncle Vernon.

"He's already packed!" Tonks said. "Oh good," Lupin said looking up, "I've just informed your Aunt and Uncle that they will see you next summer-" Harry sighed. "-and you'll be safe with us." Harry thought, "Like they care..." The group headed outside to wait for the first signal.

A shower of red sparks filled the nighttime sky. "Mount your brooms!" Moody yelled. In a few seconds green sparks filled the air, then blue in another few seconds. "GO!" Lupin yelled. They all soared into the air. Harry was delighted that he was going to his friends, but he knew the flight would be unbearable. Harry was wearing his invisibility cloak this time.

The flight was the same as the last. Harry and the others half froze to their brooms. When they landed, they stopped outside the headquarters to check any signs of danger, and then entered.

Ron and Hermione came flying down the stairs to greet Harry. "Oh, Harry! We've missed you so much!" Hermione said through a huge hug. "Oy! You like our presents?" Ron asked. "Yeah. They're pretty cool," Harry answered. "We've got a whole load of stuff to tell you. C'mon!" said Ron. Harry followed Ron and Hermione up the stairs to his and Ron's room using his wand to levitate his trunk up the stairs.

"Fred and George have moved into Hogsmeade. Zonkos is giving them a fifty- fifty! Half of the shop is theirs!" Ron told Harry, "We can go see what they're up to on Hogsmeade weekends! Oh shut UP, Pig!" Ron's owl was twittering madly as Harry entered the room. "I suspect the security in Hogsmeade is higher since Voldermort's -“ Ron! -“ back..." Hermione interjected. "Yeah...probably..." Harry supplied.

"Voldermort hasn't killed anyone, has he?" Harry asked. "No! You're getting the Daily Prophet, I suppose?" Hermione asked. "Of course! But there's nothing on funny deaths or anything. Just telling who are death eaters and stuff like that..." Harry replied.

Harry spent the rest of the week proofreading his essay for Snape. Hermione was helping 24-7, which helped Harry a lot. Soon, it was the day before term started. Mrs. Weasley came in with their school things during the day. All three received Transfiguration Grade 6, The Standard Book of Spells Level 6, Charms N.E.W.T., and Defense Reality. Harry and Hermione both received Potion Making Level 6 and Ron received Strategist Extraordinaire N.E.W.T. Level. The Book Defense Reality fell upon their eyes for it had a lock and a key.

----------

It sounds good. Got the knowledge of Harry Potter in it, but moves too fast. If it were the Sixth Book, then the chapter would be much longer, and the language would be different. Chances are Harry would have been described, Dudley would have been described (fatter again, don't know how, he is already v. fat), Ron and Hermione might have been described.

I'd have to be really pissed to think of this as the first chapter to book 6. What about you guys?

Chances are it was written by a fan who thought s/he could write something as good.

----------

Ignore the format mistakes and such. It was a bad copy on a forum somehwere, which I'll probably iron out sometime.

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-11-28 at 05:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny