Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post Just a question.
Posted 2004-01-11, 02:22 AM
Do you like money?
I just want a single word answer either yes or no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hitmanx

Posted 2004-01-11, 02:25 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
yes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-11, 04:26 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Well, this is a very complicated subject so bear with me while I go on a rant.

Money, of course, is what fuels progress in our world. Nothing is done on the basis of work ethic or finding one's place in the world. People grow up, go through school, pay for college and hunt endlessly for career paths all for the purpose of enlarging their financial wealth. And to what extent? For what purpose? Does the simple existence of money, images printed on special paper, bring happiness and a sense of self along with it? Does monetary compensation for one's time really make their efforts valuable, or is it a psychological framework built around the very existence of money itself? In short, does money truly make one happy?

It could be argued that yes, in fact, money does make a human being happy because of the benefits that it entails. Fine clothing, a nice new car, all the knicknacks and thingamabobs that people spend their hard earned money on every day. But do those things bring true happiness either? Or are they simply a distraction from the inherent un-happiness that a person's life is mired by? Does the acquisition of money truly appease the soul, or does it simply draw the souls focus away from the boredom and pain naturally found in the everyday process of the earning of said finances?

Another question that could be raised is whether or not there's a distinction between those two situations at all! Is distraction of the soul the same as true happiness? Are the two terms, the two ideas synonymous with one another. Are those two ideas interchangeable? Is there truly a distinction? I leave this up to you to decide...

How do you like that for a one-word answer?

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-01-11 at 04:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-11, 06:18 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
yes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:16 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
lol Raziel..

Yes. And wtf kinda thread is this..?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-01-11, 09:37 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-01-11, 01:22 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Im doing a little project for my class, and i want to see if anyone says no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhitmanx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hitmanx

Posted 2004-01-11, 01:38 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
No.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-11, 05:31 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Now that just ruined the whole point of the thread by saying u wanted to see if anyone would say no. I am outraged. Poor people want it and rich people have it so it depends on ur economic stature. But going against that being above average, i still say yes.

LOL wow I just ranted for no reason, just cause i was bored.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-01-11, 05:35 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
No
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-11, 05:55 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Ty-Rant said:
Now that just ruined the whole point of the thread by saying u wanted to see if anyone would say no. I am outraged. Poor people want it and rich people have it so it depends on ur economic stature. But going against that being above average, i still say yes.

LOL wow I just ranted for no reason, just cause i was bored.

Yup, now everyone going to say no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hitmanx

Posted 2004-01-11, 06:05 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-11, 06:55 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
It depends... is the money in doublunes? If not, no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-01-11, 07:12 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
!King_Amazon! said:
No.
!King_Amazon! said:
Yes.

Err...

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:13 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
KA is just dumb.. exclude him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:23 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
KA=Dumb
Jizmo=Dumber
KA>Jizmo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:42 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
Penny_Bags said:
It depends... is the money in doublunes? If not, no.
Sorry, I don't know the term "doublunes".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hitmanx

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:44 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
No, not just because i rarely have any, but because money fuels man's greed too much. It's ok to have, but I still do not like it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-01-12, 06:08 AM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
!King_Amazon! said:
KA=Dumb
Jizmo=Dumber
KA>Jizmo
Everyone else > KA
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-12, 12:01 PM in reply to hitmanx's post "Just a question."
gank
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai