Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Sazaaaaabi...
Posted 2005-06-10, 11:19 AM
Well...kinda like when I said Sov's Griswold Templar would be silly here I am with my own silly idea.

I came into a full sazabi set finally off baal drops and was thinking "Hmm...always wanted to use this but never had the resources or desire to burn into something substandard".

Well..I still don't really but I want to anyways.

This is for pvm strictly just to see if I can get it to work and still kill stuff at a reasonable rate and not totally suck. (I can burn skillers into this but I prefer not to ...never had a stash half empty before )

I must say its kind of a challenge though (I like challenges..makes the game fun) so I'd appreciate help.

This is what Ive come up with thus far:

At first i wanted to use Dracs...the ultimate melee pvm glove but given the speed of the cryptic sword I dont think I can...

Helm: Sazabi (15%IAS)
Armor: Sazabi (15%IAS)
Weapon: Sazabi (Shael)
Shield: HoZ or Alma or SS or Griswolds (15%)
Amulet: Highlords
Rings: BK/Ravenfrost
Belt: Dungoes
Glove: Laying of Hands...or would Lava Gout be better with enchant?
Boots: Gore Rider

Skills:

Zeal 20
Sacrifice 20
Holy Shield 20
Blessed Aim 20 (last)
Holy Freeze 20

(Done around level 94..alternative is to boost Resist Cold for cold synergy instead of BA)

or

Sacrifice 20
Zeal 20
Holy Shield 20
Holy Shock 20
Blessed Aim 20

(Alternative is to boost Resist lightning instead of BA)

With these setups I make the 4fps Zeal without Fanaticism (60% sword, 15% helm, 15% armor, 15% shield, 20% amulet, 20% glove = 145%) and have some elemental damage to make up for the low min damage on the Sazabi weapon (lightning also has low min but has much higher max to avg out)

Not sure about the shield..HoZ gives more skills alma better phys damage SS gives DR that I'd be lacking. Griswolds gives much needed socket options but I lose other mods then.

In any case it looks like with the 300%+ to demons on the sword AND on the gloves (unless i use lava gout where i get fire enchant damage instead) combined with some deadly strike and a small crushing blow...probably could do decently against most demons.

Now....to make this a tesladin or a frostadin....

Teslas would have more lightning damage but im not using classic tesla stuff (no CM pb or Griffons even). Also without dracs I might want the holy freeze to slow monsters down...though I wont be invincible...the problem with holy freeze is that the damage is much lower. Hmmm....

What? No one wants an actual challenge? ;-)

Too bad there are no 20% IAS belts just 10% otherwise Id definately switch out the life/dr of Dungoes for dracs.

So I guess the big things are Tesla vs Frost (unless someone has another suggestion), Shield choice, glove choice....plus anything else anyone can come up with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-06-10, 10:43 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Sazaaaaabi..."
umm i dont know i have never tried to play through with the set but it does okay damage and is pretty fast. If you wanted you could go for a regular zealot and make a passion in something else as a switch weapon and just zerk and immune to physicals.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-11, 02:41 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Sazaaaaabi..."
i say get a merc, give him the set... then u have a killer merc :-)

http://www.legendsrpg.net/index.php?refid=752
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hafeez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhafeez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hafeez

Posted 2005-06-11, 06:22 PM in reply to hafeez's post starting "i say get a merc, give him the set......"
it would be okay but i like to have two handed swords on my Act 5 mercs and a +skills on my Act 3 ones.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-06-11, 07:05 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "it would be okay but i like to have two..."
Basically Im going to go with this I think:

Helm: Sazabi (15% IAS)
Armor: Sazabi (15% IAS)
Shield: Eth Exile with resists
Belt: Nos Coil
Glove: IK
Boot: IK
Rings: Ravenfrost/BK (or str/resist ring)

Skills:

Sacrifice: 20
Zeal: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Resist Lightning: 20
Holy Shield: 20 (pumping it a bit first but then maxing it last)

With this setup I'll hit 4fps zeal without fanaticism thanks to the hidden 25% IAS in the ik glove. Losing the gore riders isnt nice but I still get deadly strike from the amulet and I get great defense/life tap from the shield. So basically I'll have a stupidly high amount of life, ridiculous defense between holy shield and defiance (and armor) and a decent life steal of like 15% along with life tap. So even without holy freeze slowing things down (thats what mercs are for anyways) I should be able to tank pretty much everything as long as I max my resists with charms and such. While I wont do damage like my true tesladin build (who goes abotu 1.8k to 10k per swing...times number of swings in a zeal...high... ) I'll still be respectable in lightning damage. Just need to watch lightning immunes...maybe I'll look for some Ruby jewels of Fervor or something...shouldnt be a problem against demons though with the hefty bonus to hurt demons (over 300% ed). AR shouldnt be bad between the bonuses my gear gives me and a decent dex.

We'll see..something new and should be fun. With the exception of the Exile (because I never use those...they really arent as good for most builds as other choices) its all made with stuff I have or stuff thats not really expensive....and the Exile will be fairly easy to trade if I want to after. So no real loss.

Now I just need this DC to pop so I can have another anni waiting for this thing.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-06-14, 10:12 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Basically Im going to go with this I..."
DamonGalos said:
Basically Im going to go with this I think:

Helm: Sazabi (15% IAS)
Armor: Sazabi (15% IAS)
Shield: Eth Exile with resists
Belt: Nos Coil
Glove: IK
Boot: IK
Rings: Ravenfrost/BK (or str/resist ring)

Skills:

Sacrifice: 20
Zeal: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Resist Lightning: 20
Holy Shield: 20 (pumping it a bit first but then maxing it last)

With this setup I'll hit 4fps zeal without fanaticism thanks to the hidden 25% IAS in the ik glove. Losing the gore riders isnt nice but I still get deadly strike from the amulet and I get great defense/life tap from the shield. So basically I'll have a stupidly high amount of life, ridiculous defense between holy shield and defiance (and armor) and a decent life steal of like 15% along with life tap. So even without holy freeze slowing things down (thats what mercs are for anyways) I should be able to tank pretty much everything as long as I max my resists with charms and such. While I wont do damage like my true tesladin build (who goes abotu 1.8k to 10k per swing...times number of swings in a zeal...high... ) I'll still be respectable in lightning damage. Just need to watch lightning immunes...maybe I'll look for some Ruby jewels of Fervor or something...shouldnt be a problem against demons though with the hefty bonus to hurt demons (over 300% ed). AR shouldnt be bad between the bonuses my gear gives me and a decent dex.

We'll see..something new and should be fun. With the exception of the Exile (because I never use those...they really arent as good for most builds as other choices) its all made with stuff I have or stuff thats not really expensive....and the Exile will be fairly easy to trade if I want to after. So no real loss.

Now I just need this DC to pop so I can have another anni waiting for this thing.....

uhhhh saZabi sucks man
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
penisman44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpenisman44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

penisman44

Posted 2005-06-15, 08:37 AM in reply to penisman44's post starting "uhhhh saZabi sucks man :haha: :haha: ..."
Your a stupid fuck. He knows that there are better things to use,
Quote:
here I am with my own SILLY idea. Well..I still don't really but I want to anyways.
Is this another d3v alt?

A merc couldn't do shit w/ that set. Thats like putting the set on a lvl 20 character w/out any skills = dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-06-15, 09:36 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Your a stupid fuck. He knows that there..."
Kaneda said:
Your a stupid fuck. He knows that there are better things to use,
Is this another d3v alt?

A merc couldn't do shit w/ that set. Thats like putting the set on a lvl 20 character w/out any skills = dead.
FUCK U BITCH ASDASDASDASDAS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
penisman44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpenisman44 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

penisman44

Posted 2005-06-15, 10:10 AM in reply to penisman44's post starting "FUCK U BITCH ASDASDASDASDAS"
Someone ban this guy, and quickly.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-06-15, 11:00 AM in reply to penisman44's post starting "FUCK U BITCH ASDASDASDASDAS"
And that's three.

Buh bye.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-06-17, 02:34 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And that's three. Buh bye."
*blinks four times* What the....???

Oooook. What is with people and their lack of comprehension that sometimes its fun to make the game a _challenge_ and not have to use twinked out gear/charms/builds? I thought I made it very clear that I know there are far better things to use than ...well...any set really. I play ladder and there's tons of godly runewords out there now (Im making a new zeal pally for zeal duels...probably going to use Fortitude in a sup archon or something). Yeesh...I have mf and pvp characters already that I constantly revise and retwink out....something...different maybe?

Anyways for anyone who's interested its not quite done but I decided that in hell with the amount of lit immunes and the fact that even as a tesla I still wont do uber damage so I went for frost/survivability to solo. I do about 1.5-3k damage per swing with a healthy AR. Against "demons" you can probably toss on another couple thousand from the +300% damage so actually its not quite as bad as I thought as Im hitting 4fps zeal so those five swings come in rapid succession. With the life tap from Exile, the Holy shield and defiance aura...I dont die very much....if ever. Frost zealots hitting 4fps and with life tap are great HC characters (except when IM is involved of course). Im working on a might merc (A2 NM Offensive) for him and leveling him a bit to help out with damage and killing speed. The might aura helps a lot.

Overall its been fun thus far and works fairly decently. My inventory is almost always completely empty save for some 11% resist scs and a Gheeds i happened to have lying around...I suppose if I wanted to I could add some sharp/vita charms/fhr or mf charms but I really haven't needed/wanted them.

It was an interesting challenge and fun. I certainly would consider doing something similar again. Disciple looks do able.....maybe Orphans call...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos