Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Grin 2008 NFL Draft!
Posted 2008-04-21, 10:37 AM
Yes, Yes! Finally the Official kick-off to the 2008 NFL season is finally here, well this coming weekend it will be! I have been waiting for this draft since the day the Jaguars were defeated by the Patriots in the second round of the playoffs, and now it's back!

Round 1 Aruguably the most important round in the entire draft, here is the chronological order as it stands as of today (Monday 21st)

1 Miami Dolphins
2 St. Louis Rams
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Oakland Raiders
5 Kansas City Chiefs
6 New York Jets
7 New England Patriots
8 Baltimore Ravens
9 Cincinnati Bengals
10 New Orleans Saints
11 Buffalo Bills
12 Denver Broncos
13 Carolina Panthers
14 Chicago Bears
15 Detroit Lions
16 Arizona Cardinals
17 Minnesota Vikings
18 Houston Texans
19 Philadelphia Eagles
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21 Washington Redskins
22 Dallas Cowboys
23 Pittsburgh Steelers
24 Tennessee Titans
25 Seattle Seahawks
26 Jacksonville Jaguars
27 San Diego Chargers
28 Dallas Cowboys
29 San Francisco 49ers
30 Green Bay Packers
31 New York Giants

Fucking Patriots have already traded up to the 7th pick, son's-a-bitches. Oh well, who all will be watching this weekend. I've already slotted out the entire night to watch the draft with my buddies at one of our local sports bars, should be fun.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-21, 10:48 AM in reply to D3V's post "2008 NFL Draft!"
I don't really get into the draft that hardcore, and I especially won't this year since the Colts don't even have a 1st round pick. Not entirely sure how that played out.

I'll just check up on the results the day after.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-21, 10:50 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't really get into the draft that..."
Damn, really? We've always been into the draft as we see it as the first real action of the next season, and I agree with the 1st round thing, Idk wtf you guys did but you sure don't have a pick. Then again, we got Jones-Drew half way through the second round a few years back, so I'd still watch it, because other than nothing else being on TV, it's fun to get back into the feeling of things.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-23, 07:51 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, really? We've always been into..."
Well lucky me! Jacksonvill is hosting a Draft day party down at the Landing for FREE, the Roar cheerleaders will be there, a good 10 players or so will be hanging out and signing autographs, as well as a few other things on, I love our city.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-23, 07:54 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well lucky me! Jacksonvill is hosting a..."
Well what else is there to do in Jacksonville?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-23, 07:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well what else is there to do in..."
Jack shit, we gotta love our football <3.

edit* Well, besides the beach,an array of malls (A total of about 6 within a 25 mile radius) ..that's really about it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-28, 11:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Jack shit, we gotta love our football..."
So how'd everybody's teams do?

The Colts drafted 3 offensive lineman, 2 TEs, a DE, a Div. III WR, and Michigan's starting RB Mike Hart. The only person I know by name that we drafted is Mike Hart. I follow the Big 10 more than I do any other college conference (I live in Indy, derrr), and I gotta say this guy impressed me in college. Hope he can pan out in the NFL.

I like that we focused on our offensive line. It was definitely noticable towards the end of the season that we needed some help. Even if we didn't have a 1st round pick, ALWAYS have faith in the Colts drafting committee. They do an excellent job year after year.

So what about your teams?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-28, 11:23 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "So how'd everybody's teams do? The..."
Well the Jaguars made a suprise trade-up right at the begenning of the Draft with the Baltimore ravens, in a "suprising" move, they got the 8th overall pick in the first round and went with Derrick Harvey. The Florida Gators' specialty pass-rusher on the end, with our first pick.

http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Player.aspx?id=2788

Quote:
In 36 games at Florida, Harvey started 18 contests. He closed out his career ninth on the school's all-time record list with 20.5 sacks for minus 158 yards, adding 31 stops for losses of 190 yards and eleven quarterback pressures. He registered 90 tackles (59 solos), as he recovered three fumbles, returning one nine yards. He also caused two fumbles and had six pass deflections.
In the second round, with the 21st pick the Jags went ahead and picked up Defensive end Quentin Groves

Quote:
In 11 games in 2007, Groves registered 38 tackles (23 solos). He had three sacks, seven stops for losses and led the Southeastern Conference with a career-high 23 quarterback pressures. He also caused a pair of fumbles, including one that a teammate returned for a touchdown.

In 51 games at Auburn, Groves started 23 contests (16 at right end, six at left end and one at left outside linebacker). He registered 120 tackles (75 solos), tied the school career-record with 26 sacks for minus-169 yards and had 36 stops for losses of 194 yards. He was credited with 38 quarterback pressures, caused eight fumbles and deflected one pass.
Less known, but still an excellent athlete, I'm very complacent on how this draft is going to turn out for the Jaguars.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well the Jaguars made a suprise..."
We traded away our first two picks, which of course pissed me off only because I was dieing to over-analyze our first pick.. But either way, I was very happy. DeShaun Jackson, WR and punt returner was out 2nd 2nd round pick, after Trevor Laws, DT.

I'm mostly excited about Jackson because if we had a decent punt returner last year, we literally would've gotten ourselves two more wins, and be in the playoffs. Also, we now have two 1st rounders next year, which I'm hoping we obtained so we can package one of them and Lito Sheppard to get Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, or Anquon Boldin.... I'm actually thinking there may be a decent shot at Ocho Cinco since the Bengals drafted 3 WRs in the draft!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:18 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "We traded away our first two picks,..."
Yeah, he's out of Cincy but I have no idea where he'll end up. Watch, Dallas will snag him. haha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:19 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah, he's out of Cincy but I have no..."
I will slit someone's throat if that happens. Preferrably T.O.'s.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-09-08, 08:45 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I will slit someone's throat if that..."
Brady Quinn is in Cleveland from Notre dame, hope he has a pretty good season, but other than that the steelers rock.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
alex132005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

alex132005

Posted 2008-09-08, 10:26 AM in reply to alex132005's post starting "Brady Quinn is in Cleveland from Notre..."
Brady Quinn can't even get any playing time, at the moment. If Derek Anderson sucks this year, though, they might put Quinn in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos