Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:11 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I've never heard the word 'transient'..."
I was gonna give you a positive rep for this KA but it says I have to spread reputation around before I can rep you agian. So, I'll do it when I can.

Anyway, good story. Fat stuck up people piss me off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:41 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I've never heard the word 'transient'..."
Seriously, though, it's fucking annoying how some people are so greedy when you do try to help them out.

"Oh, it's only a dollar. I know you got more. Give me more."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:46 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Seriously, though, it's fucking..."
Yeah, I've had something similar happen to me. Dude asked for money because he needed a bus ticket out of the city (yeah right). I gave him $2 and then he asked for more. That's not the way it works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "My Recent Experience with a Transient"
I work near the truck stops on the edge of town. We get a lot of homeless here; I guess the truck drivers let them hitch rides or something. Anyway, one day I was gassing up and this man walks up and asks for quarters for air. I tell him that the air machine is free, then he says he really needs the money for gas. Then he gets upset because I ignore him from that point...
I don't give money to people I don't know because most likely they'd just buy alcohol with it. I'd consider giving them food, but I'm rarely in a situation where I have food with me when I encounter someone asking for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-11-09, 07:22 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I work near the truck stops on the edge..."
We're using mexicans for cheap labor when homeless could easily do the same thing. Too proud.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-11-09, 05:10 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "We're using mexicans for cheap labor..."
Willkillforfood said:
We're using mexicans for cheap labor when homeless could easily do the same thing. Too proud.
Not all of it, there are some homeless who would be happy to get a job, yet a lot aren't exactly mentally stable enough for it.

Also, could you imagine going to a job interview dressed in rags? Even McDonald's wouldn't hire you. The whole "get a job" thing isn't as simple as people think, but of course no one wants to think about that because they'd be faced with an uncomfortable truth.

Attempting to truly help a homeless person requires a lot of faith and generousity, which are both in very short quantities these days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-09, 11:24 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not all of it, there are some homeless..."
I'll planning on putting homeless to work for me when I start my pool company. All I'd have to do is be like "Hey buddy, how much do you make begging for change in a day?"
"Well, I'll pay you 30$ a day or even 40."
And it would still be less than minimum wage, and they would be totally stoked to have 40 dollars and a job and free lunch or w/e.

As far as getting a job. Psh, that shit is easy.
1. Showers are EVERYWHERE. You could jump the fence of a public pool at night, lather up and shave in the bathroom. Ez
2. P.O. Box. Or even a fake address. I've never had a job interview where they check your address or even call your phone number. You really get the job by going in again and again.
3. Salvation Army.
4. Save up 20$ and you can accomplish all that.

Most of them just don't have the mental compacity to think like that. Or the social skills to get hired.

Chicken Soup...
Chicken - Scardy cat - Wussy

Scared soup... ha ha, get it?

Last edited by Kaneda; 2007-11-09 at 11:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-11-10, 11:35 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I'll planning on putting homeless to..."
You're a real philanthropist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-10, 12:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "My Recent Experience with a Transient"
People suck. Plain and simple.

Good post, KA. I'd give you +rep on that one, but apparently I can't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-10, 12:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I have actually told one of the..."
D3V said:
I have actually told one of the regulars off the highway on my way back that stands around with his sign that he could get a job for Model Homes (housing place around here that always has people standing aroudn holding signs on the side of the road) making 9 bucks an hour, and he told me to fuck off. Stupid lazy bitch, I reply to him saying that he could be making money standing around instead of being an ignorant asshole holding a sign saying he's disabled and can't do shit.
He may have taken that as you telling him to "get a job" in a derogatory manner like most other people do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-12, 02:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "My Recent Experience with a Transient"
Good deed...
There is a homeless man with the typical "Veteran - God Bless" sign that hangs outside my work begging for anything that anyone can spare. I never give him money, for I never give money to any homeless person, but I have given him food on many occasions. My wife always tends to cook & pack me way too much food and I always give him the leftovers. He never complains (even though she is half Fijian / Indian, and the food generally reflects her culture's eating habits which some caucasians may dislike) and is always very appreciative for even the smallest amounts. I think if people can at least do this much for someone on a consistent or at least occasional basis then they should. It not only increases your moral, but that of the person you are helping as well as their life expectancy. So, if you can do someone why would you not? Think about all the food you waste on a daily basis, and then think about what a difference it would make if even some of those leftovers went to a man, woman, or child in need at least one day out of the week. There really is no acceptable excuse to not help. I am a full-time college student living out on my own with my wife, and I myself have been homeless, poor and hungry. It was a life experience I would not care to revisit, and one that I enjoy helping others to overcome - If only for a few hours.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2007-11-12, 02:43 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Good deed... There is a homeless man..."
Yeah, it amazes me that people don't even help out a little bit sometimes. Just a little help from us is a LOT to them.

Like I said, cost me 3 bucks. I didn't miss that money at all, and it meant a lot more to that guy than it did to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-12, 07:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, it amazes me that people don't..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Yeah, it amazes me that people don't even help out a little bit sometimes. Just a little help from us is a LOT to them.

Like I said, cost me 3 bucks. I didn't miss that money at all, and it meant a lot more to that guy than it did to me.
I don't give hand outs to homeless people if I can avoid it. In fact with my recent promotion I need to choose who will make up my workers I was thinking about getting homeless people because they would be able to do some basic landscaping work. I started out digging for 7.90 an hour. This will give them more than some food or drugs this will let them regain some pride or even some faith in this world.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-11-12, 11:38 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I don't give hand outs to homeless..."
Here in CT, espeically in the area i live in, homeless people are scarce. But in NYC, i use to give any change I had to homeless people. i once bought a guy a bagel egg and cheese because he was holding a sign that said he hadnt eaten in a week or something like that. But i hate when they ask for more when you dont have more. THat plus once you give some money, and dont another day, they make you feel bad about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-02-02, 12:23 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Here in CT, espeically in the area i..."
I was wondering just now if the guy is still alive. It wouldn't suprise me at all if he wasn't. It's a shame, there probably isn't a single person who will miss him when he's gone, and not a single person who will genuinely care.

Why is it necessary for there to be homeless people when there are people in this world who have more money than they will ever need? I'm all for someone being rewarded for working hard, and being punished for not, but why is there such a huge gap? Is it really necessary for people to starve to death when there are people who could easily feed them without even putting a dent in their budget?

Call me a communist if you will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-02, 07:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was wondering just now if the guy is..."
I just gave change to a guy on Friday that had a sign reading "Down but not out"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-02, 09:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was wondering just now if the guy is..."
When I was 18, I went to 7-eleven to get some munchies and a pop with my friends. There was this homeless guy outside that didn't say anything to us when we went in but he asked when we went outside. I gave him a buck and he went inside. I had this empty pop that I put on my roof cause I didn't want to get in trouble for littering. Well the transient saw the pop on my roof and ran after me scream about it... I loled for a few days.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-02, 03:29 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "When I was 18, I went to 7-eleven to..."
Downtown, there are homeless guys EVERYWHERE. (KC) However, in my city (Liberty), there is 1 very popular homeless guy. Almost everybody knows him, and almost everybody I have talked to has given him money. Everytime I see him i give him money, sometimes I give him 5 bucks. He's a funny guy, and mentally ill however he does know where he is going and what he's doing. We know eachother seeing as I have lived here my whole life, and everytime me or my friends give him money we ask him "What did you do to your wife last night?" and he says "errmm i fucked her good i fucked her hard", then we give him the money.

Its not mean or cruel or anything, he is a popular dude. Probably one of the most well-known guys in my city to be honest LOL. I guess he used to have a ton of money and played russian roulette and shot himself in the head but didn't die. So now he roams the streets. I have never seen him pass out somewhere, which makes me believe he actually has a house or a place to sleep. He's a pretty amusing guy, but just doesn't have a whole lot. Or if he does have a whole lot, he's still mentally ill. I'm sure he eats well most of the time(he's kinda fat).

However, downtown, completly different story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish