Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Do you support this movement?
Yes, I am a facist and everyone should do what I think is right. Wear helmets. 2 20.00%
No, I think people have the right to do as they please since it's their life. 5 50.00%
I don't care bitch. 1 10.00%
Fuck bike helmets I wear a S.W.A.T/Army/Skateboard helmet. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Bike Helmet Law
Posted 2008-07-28, 04:40 PM
This woman killed a guy when they collided and now she is trying to get helmets mandatory for all ages.

She admitted that she didn't think the helmet would have saved the guy she hit so that means she is just trying to look humanitarian for her fifteen minutes of fame.

I want to see what others think.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-28, 04:48 PM in reply to hotdog's post "Bike Helmet Law"
I'm not fascist I just think everyone should wear helmet because its the logical thing to do, if people are being fined for it people will start wearing their helmets therefore decreasing the death toll.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-28, 04:48 PM in reply to hotdog's post "Bike Helmet Law"
I don't support the movement at all. It's basically a freedom of choice. This is almost as absurd as outlawing 'sagging'. Thought they want to keep people safe, what's to keep people from wearing lifejackets on airplanes, since we know those cushion's won't float. Buildings should have bumpers so that planes can be deflected and kill innocent bystanders.

Fuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-28, 04:53 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I'm not fascist I just think everyone..."
quikspy67 said: [Goto]
I'm not fascist I just think everyone should wear helmet because its the logical thing to do, if people are being fined for it people will start wearing their helmets therefore decreasing the death toll.
You saw the choices. You are a facist if you pick number one. There is no conclusive evidence that a helmet will save a life more often than it won't. They tried but it was a tossup since the standard bike helmet is a piece of crap.

FACISTA!
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-28, 04:56 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "You saw the choices. You are a facist..."
Ok then what ever I could care less if the law is or is not passed.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-28, 04:56 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I'm not fascist I just think everyone..."
quikspy67 said: [Goto]
well ALOT of people in the world today have never worn one....and for the MOST part people are ok....and we need to INCREASE the death toll and get rid of all the stupid people!!!!
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Posted 2008-07-28, 06:28 PM in reply to Killah's post starting "well ALOT of people in the world today..."
I wear a football helmet and shoulder pads.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-28, 08:32 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I wear a football helmet and shoulder..."
I think everyone has a misunderstanding of bike helmets. They aren't meant to make you invincible or invoke super human healing abilities, they are there to absorb a portion of the force exerted from either a moving object hitting your head, or your head from hitting the ground.

The problem isn't in whether or not or how well the helmet does it's job, but in how careful the idiot on the bike is. Here in Huntington Beach, there is TONS of people on bikes... especially on the weekend! They cross traffic as if it's nothing, and I, as well as many other drivers, have had to slam on the brakes to stop, or hit them. Hell, I shouldn't have to stop at all in between traffic lights or stop signs. Those white lines that go across an intersection, that are about 4 feet apart? That's called a cross walk! If you get hit for not crossing in the designated area, that is your own stupidity.

This goes all the way to working in a factory. If an employee goes out of his designated area, his "safety zone", and gets mauled by a machine, whose fault is it? The employee! Yet if the pedestrian ventures outside the "safety zone" and gets hit, it's all the "machine's" fault (driver of vehicle)! Even though that 20 lb bike is a hell of alot easier to stop than a 3000 lb car, but hey... we should be able to stop on a dime right?

The helmet law isn't going to do anything but put politicians on people's good side. "Oh look, he passed that helmet law, he cares for the kids of America/(State)/(City)!" It's their easy way out of educating people. Fuck, make it mandatory, then we don't have to do up paperwork saying, 'Hey, watch yourself, the helmet only offers a small level of protection from that Mack truck...'!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-07-28, 08:47 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I think everyone has a misunderstanding..."
Ok ok I would change my vote if I could.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-30, 11:15 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I think everyone has a misunderstanding..."
Thats just it dude. As my hobby is armorsmithing I can tell you EXACTLY what helmets are for. Protection. The problem is that when something is made like shit and with shit it tends to do a poor job protecting. Your better off wearing a different type of helmet for bikes. I did research on this not to long ago and there is no real evidence that they do more good than bad. There is however evidence that if people used their brains (as you stated in your post) that they would not need helmets. Because them and the people in cars would drive smart and be more cautious.

I say forget about the damn law and lets spend time on something more important. Like oh say EDUCATION.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-08-01, 04:27 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Thats just it dude. As my hobby is..."
I feel like there's a strong correlation between "retardedness" and "not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle" so I'm gonna have to vote for not requiring helmets if only for the fact that it reduces the genetic pool of idiots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-08-08, 05:32 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I feel like there's a strong..."
this is another reason i hate the goverment
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123