Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post Incest. wrong? i don't think so.
Posted 2009-01-29, 11:59 PM
my main question is: Why is it illegal?

Maybe it's because I am a male with no sisters and hence have nobody to look at me across the table with a wary eye come Thanksgiving dinner, but I don't understand why incest between adults is illegal.

I don't understand why it is outlawed by the state. And I have yet to hear an intelligent argument against it. At Slate, William Saletan asks, if gay sex is private, why isn't incest?

Let's leave adultery and polygamy out of it for the moment. Let's set aside morality and stick to law. And let's grant that being attracted to a gender is more fundamental than being attracted to a family member. If gay sex is too private to be banned, the same can't be said of incest. Can you give me a reason?

The easy answer--that incest causes birth defects--won't cut it. Birth defects could be prevented by extending the sibling marriage by a few generations or by having proof of infertility.

If one falls in some of those categories, why should the law prohibit you from marrying your sibling?

Imagine there is a brother and a sister. They are adults. Neither one is capable of having children. They want to jump each other's bones.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to

A) Get married, and/or

B) Have all the sex they want?

I'm creeped out by a lot of legal behaviors. Being creeped out isn't a solid reason for a law, is it? If that's the case, we'll have to allow that possibly a majority of people are creeped out by the thought of gay butt fucking, so that should be illegal, too.

Most people condemn incest as wrong, but struggle to give a factual proof that it is wrong.

And don't bring me that "the bible said so" excuse.

Anyone who's read the bible knows that god allowed incest, because only 3 humans were alive.

Adam, Eve, and Cain. (after he killed his brother)

God later stopped incest, because of the gene pool degeneration.

But that's besides the point, if the law can now accept homosexuality as something "it's their business, not my fucking problem" Why must the law prevent incestuous relationships?

I see no real reason, and i wish for someone to give me a fact solid enough to tell me i shouldn't practice incest with my cousins.

Last edited by kyeruu; 2009-02-03 at 11:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2009-01-30, 12:53 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Incest. wrong? i don't think so."
While it's a fundamentally sound question, the subject is very disgusting. My advice, stick to arguing the illegibility concerning marijuana laws. Same situation, different topic.

Seems to me, arguing for something that no one (or apparently not) wants, instead of something that everyone (almost) does want, is kinda retarded.

(BTW, prepare for the onslaught of "OMG, I FIGURED AS MUCH!!11!" or "THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!"

Also, I know what it's like to have a "sexy" cousin, but not once in my mind has a sexual thought popped up about her. It's called decency. It's the basic, starting attitude towards every woman you meet. Until they prove themselves to bitches or whores. Or both.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2009-01-30 at 12:56 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-01-30, 04:09 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "While it's a fundamentally sound..."
Oh god.. you just keep digging your grave deeper and deeper.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-30, 09:18 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Oh god.. you just keep digging your..."
No comment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-30, 10:36 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Incest. wrong? i don't think so."
Usually siblings want to kill each other (Cain, Abel) rather than mate with each other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-01-30, 12:58 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Usually siblings want to kill each..."
wait, wait, wait... it's illegal?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-01-31, 01:00 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "Incest. wrong? i don't think so."
Please explain how extending to siblings the right to marry would prevent birth defects and lack of generic diversity.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-01-31, 10:12 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Please explain how extending to..."
You didn't read the C&P closely enough.

Someone else said:
The easy answer--that incest causes birth defects--won't cut it. Birth defects could be prevented by extending to sibling marriage or by having proof of infertility.

Personally, I think it's sick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-01-31, 12:01 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "You didn't read the C&P closely enough...."
I bet Kyeruu's next thread will be about how it's not wrong to have sex with your parents...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-31, 01:17 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I bet Kyeruu's next thread will be..."
Incest

1. sexual intercourse between closely related persons.
2. the crime of sexual intercourse, cohabitation, or marriage between persons within the degrees of consanguinity or affinity wherein marriage is legally forbidden
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-01-31, 08:02 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "Incest. wrong? i don't think so."
You've done it, Kyeruu. Congratulations.

My jaw dropped so violently as a result of your post that it may be permanently dislocated.

Thank you very much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2009-01-31, 08:17 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "You've done it, Kyeruu. ..."
more than your jaw dropped
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-01-31, 08:55 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "more than your jaw dropped"
jamer123 said: [Goto]
more than your jaw dropped

Are you saying that he hit puberty when he read Kyeruu's post??!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-31, 09:39 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "You didn't read the C&P closely enough...."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
You didn't read the C&P closely enough.

Personally, I think it's sick.
Yes but he said or proof of infertility, implying that marriage would accomplish the same thing. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-02-01, 10:44 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yes but he said or proof of..."
Valid point...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-01, 11:33 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yes but he said or proof of..."
JRwakebord said: [Goto]
Yes but he said or proof of infertility, implying that marriage would accomplish the same thing. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
He wouldn't be able to explain it you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-02, 02:41 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "He wouldn't be able to explain it you."
Here's a better question. Instead of asking why is or isn't it wrong, but why not focus on the 3-4billion other females or males on this Earth, instead on focusing on the 10-15 in your intermediate family.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-02-02, 02:57 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "No comment."
Seconded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-02-02, 05:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here's a better question. Instead of..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Here's a better question. Instead of asking why is or isn't it wrong, but why not focus on the 3-4billion other females or males on this Earth, instead on focusing on the 10-15 in your intermediate family.
Yea, but then you could argue that you can get to know your family members more easily, and therefore develop stronger relationships.

(Not that I think this way)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-03, 08:04 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Yea, but then you could argue that you..."
You don't really have to get to know anyone to have sex, seriously.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V