Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-04-14, 03:47 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Children have a bad, bad habit of..."
I can not agree with you more, volls.

I'm only 15, my dad left us when I was little. Life isnt as easy when growing up with only one parent(which could very well happen for your child). Klo, I dont know who you are. I can only judge you based upon what you've said. You have your child's life in your hands. You can ruin your childs life. I dont know how to say it to where your shocked by this. Also, I dont know about you guys but if i was in her situation, and my child developed some kind of disorder based on what I was doing, i would not be able to live with myself. Good luck.

Last edited by slaynish; 2007-04-14 at 03:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-04-14, 04:00 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I can not agree with you more, volls. ..."
slaynish said:
I can not agree with you more, volls.

I'm only 15, my dad left us when I was little. Life isnt as easy when growing up with only one parent(which could very well happen for your child). Klo, I dont know who you are. I can only judge you based upon what you've said. You have your child's life in your hands. You can ruin your childs life. I dont know how to say it to where your shocked by this. Also, I dont know about you guys but if i was in her situation, and my child developed some kind of disorder based on what I was doing, i would not be able to live with myself. Good luck.
I hear that, although my parents didn't split after I was 18.

Kids pick up all sorts of vibes from their parents, even if it's well hidden. Kids actually have some acute senses if they ever stop and use them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-14, 04:19 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I hear that, although my parents didn't..."
My dad smoked pot and crack and meth and everything around me when I was little.

I told my mom he was making his own cigarettes and i expained how he did it, i said he put his stuff in it and rolled it up and licked it. Its very fortunate that I am smart enough to make my own healthy decisions. I know whats good for me. I cant say i've never gotten drunk or smoked or anything like that but i can definitly say that I now that I know what its like, its not worth throwing my life away for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-04-14, 04:30 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "My dad smoked pot and crack and meth..."
"An enlightened man is one who has found something more interesting than sex."

I forgot who stated that, but it can easily apply to many vices, drugs included in my eyes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-14, 08:43 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Children have a bad, bad habit of..."
Vollstrecker said:
Children have a bad, bad habit of "monkey see, monkey do", parents always need to keep that in mind, as well as the fact that children will also extrapolate what they want to believe from such actions. Showing them that you are "allowed to break the rules" only encourages them to do the same, and not just in the sense that you were breaking them.

Something to consider for the future.
Agreed, and by that same logic if Kaneda continually cheats on you then your kid will grow up with some pretty fucking confused morals. My ex was that way. Her mom put up with it and actually after a period of time just accepted that men would do that to her. Her mom's awesome, and it's tragic this happened to her. Anyways ...now my ex believes that no man can be trusted and that she just has to accept it as a matter of fact that they're going to cheat on her.

Not a way to live life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:55 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Agreed, and by that same logic if..."
Almost how my boyfriend now is. He's never been in a serious relationship until he got together with me. He wants to have an open relationship so he can still play around with other people, but I don't want that because I'm a tad old fashioned, but I want the same amount of loyalty and dedication that I show to be returned. He said that he will "try" to be dedicated, but that it's not willingly. The thing is, he doesn't understand what it means to be really committed to someone. He thinks that it's a metaphorical dungeon and that it only can go one way. I'm trying to do my best to show him otherwise, but we'll see how this all goes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-15, 11:37 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Almost how my boyfriend now is. He's..."
Klo, did you smoke while you were pregnant?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:04 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Klo, did you smoke while you were..."
She smoked a single cigarette while she was pregnant, as far as I know. Could have been more, but that's all she's said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "She smoked a single cigarette while she..."
Aah. Kay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:16 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Aah. Kay."
My mom smoked while pregnant. Despite me being alright (I think) I still think it's a bad idea. She smoked cigarettes x_x.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:47 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "My mom smoked while pregnant. Despite..."
It all makes sense now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-15, 01:25 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It all makes sense now."
Yea, it must make you into a genius x_x.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-15, 01:56 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea, it must make you into a genius x_x."
Then klo better start chain-smoking, cuz I know the genes ain't gonna do much!

(Oh no he didn't oh yes I did)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-15, 05:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "She smoked a single cigarette while she..."
My mom thought I wasn't going to live, so she went back to her regular smoking habits while I was in the womb. Yay for optimism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-16, 08:18 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Almost how my boyfriend now is. He's..."
This is to me exactly like kaneda is, except he's claiming that he doesn't want to "fool around anymore"....an up until las year he didn't.

As far as smoking cigs...I quit as soon as i found out i was pgt, and then when I was like 8 mos. I smoked for a few weeks until I got over what was happening to me. I've always been a little co-dependant on something...and I'm really trying to break that because its AWFUL and I don't want her to be like this.

AND...its not like I'd be throwing some crazy parties or something, I have like 3 friends outside kaneda. And, I'm pretty sure I already said I'm not into the party scene.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-16, 10:09 AM in reply to klo's post starting "This is to me exactly like kaneda is,..."
Wait, didn't didn't that whole "Kaneda cheating on you with a married woman" thing happen last year? So, what...he stayed faithful for a whole month?

Or am I just reading that poorly written sentence wrong?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-16, 10:11 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Wait, didn't didn't that whole "Kaneda..."
uh, sorry if its hard to understand, im at work and when someone walks by i close the window and then try to pick it up again :P. uhm, he slept with the married chick last year, and that was the first/only time i know of him cheating.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-16, 10:48 AM in reply to klo's post starting "uh, sorry if its hard to understand, im..."
Do you not consider him actively pursuing other women as a form of cheating? Because imho, a person doesn't actually have to sleep with another party for that person to be considered unfaithful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-16, 11:18 AM in reply to klo's post starting "This is to me exactly like kaneda is,..."
Well, I have been in an open relationship and it wasn't good. I have too many trust and abandonment issues to really feel secure in one. Thus when I'm told by whomever I'm with that they want to be able to fool around, with my permission, I feel sort of taken aback and I start to feel as if they're scheming or that they'll leave me for someone else (which can happen regardless, but the situation worsens that fear). But that's a topic delving a tad off-topic for this discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-16, 11:49 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Well, I have been in an open..."
Yea. Big red flag.

To Klo: He's probably cheated on you many times. I mean, he seems to constantly be trying to get ass. I'd say for every time you've found out about him being with another woman he's been with 3 you didn't find out. Probably even worse.

The funny thing is how blunt he was when you did find out. Taking the girl to your house even. I mean, do you not think they fucked around when he lost you? =p
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood