Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-04-14, 12:23 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Once you're a mom, imo, you should give..."
Really, there IS a time and place, but children should always come first.

If she's got someone to take care of her children for a night (like her mom) and she's not nursing, then I don't see why she can't indulge just a little. Otherwise, I'm on your side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-14, 12:38 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I pray you have your child taken by..."
Jessifer said:
I pray you have your child taken by social services. For the childs sake, of course.
You're a cold-hearted bitch. Don't preach when you lack experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-14, 08:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You're a cold-hearted bitch. Don't..."
Thanatos only says this because he is crushing!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-14, 09:48 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Thanatos only says this because he is..."
GravitonSurge said:
Thanatos only says this because he is crushing!
Ohhh snaps.

And as far as smoking pot ...sure, you can do it. But if you're going to tell your child never to then you're a fucking hypocrite and that's a confusing thing to a kid =P. "Oh, it's okay for you but I really shouldn't because it's bad? Wtf?"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 10:10 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Thanatos only says this because he is..."
Crushing your balls under my shoe, yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-14, 10:12 AM in reply to klo's post starting "that's bullshit. like i said, maybe..."
klo said:
that's bullshit. like i said, maybe twice since ive had her. And child services is the worst thing that can happen to children!!
I agree with this since it was the worst thing that happened to me.

But I agree with Grav on the no smoking or drinking one just because you might ruin her antibody quality with milk thats been tampered with from the pot or beer.

And can't you get nurses who do this for you? They were made for people who occasionally drink or smoke after pregnancy. My mother smoked after my birth, but she had someone else nurse me so I got someone elses milk. Try asking or looking around for a nurse if you really get cravings but don't want to hurt the babies antibody intake. She was able to afford the nurse working in a mall.

FYI The baby doesn't breast feed from the nurse. The baby drinks the milk from a bottle. So it's not like a 200 dollar an hour job or anything it's just a person agreeing to supply you with breast milk and they go through rigorous screening before they pump milk.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2007-04-14 at 10:15 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-04-14, 10:35 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I agree with this since it was the..."
hotdog said:
I agree with this since it was the worst thing that happened to me.

But I agree with Grav on the no smoking or drinking one just because you might ruin her antibody quality with milk thats been tampered with from the pot or beer.

And can't you get nurses who do this for you? They were made for people who occasionally drink or smoke after pregnancy. My mother smoked after my birth, but she had someone else nurse me so I got someone elses milk. Try asking or looking around for a nurse if you really get cravings but don't want to hurt the babies antibody intake. She was able to afford the nurse working in a mall.

FYI The baby doesn't breast feed from the nurse. The baby drinks the milk from a bottle. So it's not like a 200 dollar an hour job or anything it's just a person agreeing to supply you with breast milk and they go through rigorous screening before they pump milk.
Dear God that would be an awkward job interview. "So ...uhm ...do you have any references? Okay now ...squeeze those babies into this cup so we can test your productivity ."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 10:49 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Crushing your balls under my shoe, yes."
God, that reply was so pathetic I just felt deflated when I read it. Way to lower the fucking bar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:29 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Crushing your balls under my shoe, yes."
Thanatos said:
Crushing your balls under my shoe, yes.
That's oddly a recognized fetish, so I wouldn't get used to using that one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:32 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's oddly a recognized fetish, so I..."
Thanatos has his girlfriend crush his balls while dressed like a cat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:36 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Thanatos has his girlfriend crush his..."
Trudat. What a freak.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:40 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Thanatos has his girlfriend crush his..."
Willkillforfood said:
Thanatos has his girlfriend crush his balls while dressed like a cat.
Oh man, that's hot.

(I think)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:54 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Oh man, that's hot. (I think)"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2007-04-14, 11:56 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "That depends entirely on the enviroment..."
No, It doesn't make a difference. I've seen it where they come take kids for basically nothing, but then in another situation a child is being abused/neglected and it takes them two freakin years to help them. Then when they are helped they are put into a foster home, and thats such a awful situation!! Fuck.

And whats all this "grow up" like i said, I DO have a great job, and we do have a very nice home. She is very well taken care of. They say you can have drinks when your nursing ( a limited amount but still)....and imo i think that drinking is more harmful to the body than smoking.

AND who said we were going to preach against it? I mean, when she's 12 we obviously don't want her smoking...but she's going to someday (most likely) so why would we want her to be secretave about it. We're not sure how we're going to go about it...but we do have like 16 years to think this through. By then it will probably be legal anyways, then nobody will have a problem with it.
Your fucking stupid

Last edited by klo; 2007-04-14 at 12:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-14, 12:08 PM in reply to klo's post starting "No, It doesn't make a difference. I've..."
So, for the first 12+ years of her life you're going to be a hypocrite? Is that the sort of example people want to set for their children? I know I see it all the time. Hell, it's not uncommon. And the legality of something doesn't always make it right (although marijuana being legalized in the next 16 years is something no one can be sure of).

You've got a job, a nice home, etc. but using illegal drugs and having large enough quantities can cost you those things and your child. Is it worth it for a few thrills? And have you consulted a physician and asked if it was okay? Please God don't go off heresay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 12:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "So, for the first 12+ years of her life..."
OK, we don't have any and when we did it was like a gram. Before we even moved here. I'm sorry, but i dont think we'll be being hypocritic because its not like she's going to be like "is it ok to smoke weed?" And we're not going to tell her "NEVER SMOKE WEED!!!!" I mean, that's what my parents did, and i just grew farther away from them when i started smoking.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-14, 12:26 PM in reply to klo's post starting "OK, we don't have any and when we did..."
Children have a bad, bad habit of "monkey see, monkey do", parents always need to keep that in mind, as well as the fact that children will also extrapolate what they want to believe from such actions. Showing them that you are "allowed to break the rules" only encourages them to do the same, and not just in the sense that you were breaking them.

Something to consider for the future.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-14, 02:02 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You're a cold-hearted bitch. Don't..."
Thanatos said:
You're a cold-hearted bitch. Don't preach when you lack experience.
When it comes to personal experience, yes. I do lack in that area. However, my cousin, is only two months younger than myself and has two children under the age of two. She drinks on a rather regular basis, and smokes pot on occasion as well. And when she throws her parties and I'm around, while the boys are asleep of course, who do you think watches over the boys? Either myself or one of her friends. The only two people sober enough to watch the children when they wake up at around midnight, which they do to be changed and fed.

I don't get drunk in the presence of my cousin for just that reason. Hell...I have yet to get drunk for reasons similar to that. I prefer being aware of what's going on around me.

After taking care of her children so many times, I think I'm a bit more prepared for when I do have children of my own. Watching her, and others around me for that matter, has given me guidelines to follow when I finally do decide to have children.

And as for myself not reporting her...she's my cousin. I love her. And lately she has been trying to get herself straight. She hasn't smoked pot in months, and her drinking has gone down quite a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-14, 02:18 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "When it comes to personal experience,..."
Well, as far as whether it's safe or not, I've come to the conclusion that it probably isn't. At least, it's not MORE safe than alcohol, it's most likely much less safe than alcohol. Alcohol stays in your system, what, a few hours? Well THC stays in your body for up to 2 months sometimes, usually less than 1 month though. THC gets stored in the fat in your body, and guess where a lot of a woman's fat is located? In her breasts, with them being almost entirely fatty tissue.

We may not know for sure, but common sense is telling me that it's probably not a good idea. What's so bad about waiting a few months until you stop nursing and then doing it? Your daughter should come before pot, no matter what.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-14, 02:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, as far as whether it's safe or..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Your daughter should come before pot, no matter what.
I would hope so.

Just wait a bit then you can go back to doing things. Just remember that you are always going to be her "hero" no matter what. Set a good example. Im not saying this to put you down, its just my piece of advice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY