Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Are you for or against abortion?
For 12 50.00%
Against 9 37.50%
No opinion 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2006-12-11, 12:58 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sometimes it's just not an option...."
GravitonSurge said:
Sometimes it's just not an option. Crazy parents, for instance.
Abstinance is always an option, unless they are raped.

Next.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-11, 03:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Abstinance is always an option, unless..."
You guys surprise me by being so conservative on this issue while being so liberal with others...

I'm gonna have to say in support of especially in the case of rape. I really don't see the need to bring an unwanted baby into the world to single parents. I think it should be the couple's decision, but if the mother decides to have the kid against the father's will then she forfeits child support. The same doesn't apply that the father can have the kid against the mother's will because obviously that's her body and nine months of her life. Things should be decided as couple. I think there was a really long thread about this topic already... so look it up if you're feeling curious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2006-12-11, 05:43 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The baby doesn't just suddenly pop out..."
If the condom breaks, and you wind up with a child, sue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-12-11, 09:00 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "If the condom breaks, and you wind up..."
i'm for abortion; theres too much traffic on the way to school as it is
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-12-12, 10:15 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i'm for abortion; theres too much..."
I am actually for abortion, every women should be able to make her own decision. Outside of the couple, I don't think anyone should be able to tell them what to do, or limit their choices.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-12-12, 11:57 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I am actually for abortion, every women..."
Pro-choice.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-12-13, 04:27 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Abortion: for or against"
If the person has been raped, or what not mother is in danger or the kid will have some kind of like aids or crack dependancey, or the parents cant afford and the kid will starve, im all for

otherwise, i dont care... i wont say im against just say its not my choice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-12-13, 04:35 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "If the person has been raped, or what..."
Acer said:
or the parents cant afford and the kid will starve
adoption
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-17, 05:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "adoption"
I think what most people worry about is, "Is it a human and can we kill it?"

My opinion is that it is living, but not human. Pretty much all embryos look alike...gills, tail, w/e When the ebryo grows, the features dissapear or shrink. So I think it's kinda like a basic animal. We kill cows, so why not basic animals?
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-17, 07:28 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I think what most people worry about..."
Any time you masturbate, use contraceptives, don't have a baby when you're on your period, etc. you're stopping a potential human life from being formed. Do we feel guilty for that? No. It's just some nasty shit that we wash off =P. It really depends on your definition of when a zygote, cells, or fetus is a baby. At some point in time there's a state of being nasty shit and at another point it's a human. Everyone's definition varies (or point where it's nasty shit/human) so that's why it should be pro-choice. Partial birth abortions should be banned though imo. It's definitely murder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-12-17, 08:57 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Abortion: for or against"
I think it depends on the situation.

If a person is raped, and does not take the pill, they should be allowed to have an abortion. I also think that the world is getting over populated.

On the other hand, it is basically murder, and if you aren't ready for a baby, you shouldn't be having sex anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-12-19, 01:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Then, to be honest, that's their..."
I'm so sick of that adoption bullshit. Thats hardly a solution to childcare. You think every kid put up for adoption gets some great family where they're not being rapped or beaten? Or every kid even gets a family period? Nope.
"Adoption of children in foster care, is on the rise. About 130,000 of the 540,000 children in foster care nationwide are waiting to be adopted. About 50,000 a year actually get adopted, says Carol Emig of the Pew Commission on Children in Foster Care."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-12-19, 02:03 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Any time you masturbate, use..."
Willkillforfood said:
Any time you masturbate, use contraceptives, don't have a baby when you're on your period, etc. you're stopping a potential human life from being formed. Do we feel guilty for that? No. It's just some nasty shit that we wash off =P. It really depends on your definition of when a zygote, cells, or fetus is a baby. At some point in time there's a state of being nasty shit and at another point it's a human. Everyone's definition varies (or point where it's nasty shit/human) so that's why it should be pro-choice. Partial birth abortions should be banned though imo. It's definitely murder.
Willkill is back!

^_____________________^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-12-19, 08:51 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I'm so sick of that adoption bullshit...."
Kaneda said:
I'm so sick of that adoption bullshit. Thats hardly a solution to childcare. You think every kid put up for adoption gets some great family where they're not being rapped or beaten? Or every kid even gets a family period? Nope.
"Adoption of children in foster care, is on the rise. About 130,000 of the 540,000 children in foster care nationwide are waiting to be adopted. About 50,000 a year actually get adopted, says Carol Emig of the Pew Commission on Children in Foster Care."
If you don't like adoption then stop making babies and not taking care of them k.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-20, 01:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you don't like adoption then stop..."
el oh el, KA, your post always make me laugh.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-12-20, 01:40 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "el oh el, KA, your post always make me..."
i was rapped by a black man and beaten by an olympic runner (also black)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-12-20, 10:36 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i was rapped by a black man and beaten..."
Who wants to adopt? You're gonna get a kid who is (most likely) genetically predetermined to fail. Harsh yet true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2006-12-21, 12:43 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Who wants to adopt? You're gonna get a..."
Based on the content of my posts throughout my history at Zelaron, surely many people know that my political views lie mainly on the left. In my “My Objection to Religion” post, I stated that in general only the religious right opposes abortion. You might find it surprising, then, to see me vote against abortion, since my posts clearly demonstrate that I am an atheist, perhaps even an anti-theist. I would like to clarify why I voted against abortion.

Christians tend to believe that life begins at conception because at the moment of fertilization God gives the zygote a “soul,” for the lack of a better word. Putting aside my contempt for supernatural beliefs, those who truly believe in the Bible are entirely justified in their opposition to abortion. For instance, the following passage from the Bible shows that God values the embryo:

Exodus 21:22-23 said:
And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life.
God commands that people punish anyone who causes a miscarriage.

Though I have reached the same conclusion as Christians in this particular case, it is not because I believe in a soul. On the contrary, it is because I don’t believe in a soul. Though I have come to a right-winged conclusion, it is because of rather secular beliefs.

As to my knowledge, a human being’s genetic makeup is conclusively formed at conception. Short of outside influences or a natural disaster that zygote will inexorably become a fully developed, living, breathing, cognizant human being. Ending this embryo ends the life which will inevitably follow, akin to murder in my book. I have no moral objection to abortion when the baby is a potent threat to the mother’s life or well-being, as there is a great risk of losing a life either way.

You can not, however, apply this same logic to masturbation as many pro-choice people like to assert. A human can not form from a sperm cell alone. Even during sexual intercourse it is highly improbable that any particular sperm cell will fertilize an egg. The difference between a zygote and a sperm cell is that the zygote will become a human whereas the sperm cell will not with the exception of a highly improbable scenario.

That said, I realize the benefits of abortions. Sex is a natural part of human activity and should be enjoyed. The threat of impregnation will always exist despite the increasing efficacy of contraceptives. It is not fair that what is otherwise a relatively innocuous expression of love between a couple could become the biggest mistake of their life. Abortion seems to be the only valid solution. If I were to impregnate a girl before I am ready for a child, I would seriously hope that she and I could sit down and talk about it and consider her having an abortion. I acknowledge that this may make me seem somewhat capricious; however, you may consider something immoral yet see and harness its practicality.

However I digress. The practicality of abortions is not what I wanted to discuss. I only wanted your opinions on whether abortions are moral or immoral.

Am I for a woman’s right to choose? Yes, when it does not impede on a greater right. I consider the right to life to supersede a woman’s right to choose. It is somewhat saddening to see how little worth we hold on human life. It is even more saddening that I am beginning to open up to this view.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-12-21, 09:34 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Based on the content of my posts..."
That was pretty fucking deep. Go MJ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-12-21, 04:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That was pretty fucking deep. Go MJ."
there's also a chance the fetus will die in the womb, or grow up to kill someone, or worse yet, be a retarded mediocre dumbass right smack in the middle of the bell curve like 70% of everyone else. do i really need another spiteful scumbag overworked lowlife mediocre daytime retail manager cutting me off in his dark blue honda civic with his tinted windows while playing "Riding Dirty" as loud as he can through his shitty Best Buy speakers? do i really need another pill-guzzling white trash spewing arrogant soccer mom with a degree in "liberal arts" counting her change at publix while i sit there with a cold gallon of milk freezing my hand off while glancing over at the entertainment magazines and seeing the shit sacking exploiters of democracy getting rich off their ivory tower socialite talent?

no, so better to kill them early
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord