Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

what is the meaning of life?
Posted 2006-07-07, 12:34 PM
i want to talk about the meaning of life,

why do we die?
why do we exist?
were we meant to die?
was there another purpose for us? if so why do we have to then suffer?
was it destiny?
was it god?
why is man the greatest weapon on earth?

everything has a why and when, i want to know which of them all.

why earth?
why are there 9 planets?
why does the universe exist?
why do we need it?
why why why.......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2006-07-07, 02:32 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "what is the meaning of life?"
There are no deep answers to the questions you're asking. There are no absolutes, there is no "plan" for you or me or anything. It just happened to be this way, might as well take advantage of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-07-07, 03:50 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "what is the meaning of life?"
There are no real answers to just about all of your questions.

And we may never know those answers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-07-08, 05:43 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "There are no real answers to just about..."
The solar system having 9 planets is actually up for debate right now. As it stands, if Pluto remains a planet then there are objects larger than pluto that have been discovered in the Keiper belt. These should also be classified as planets =P. Imagine if we crashed into one of those sons of bitches x_X.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-08, 09:01 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The solar system having 9 planets is..."
That's how our planet was formed, another planet hit ours, and they molded.

The moon is just a big rock that flew away.

And I think they concluded Pluto is a planet, because it has rock in its center.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-07-09, 03:13 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "That's how our planet was formed,..."
Indeed, the current theory is that there were dozens and dozens of small planets that collided with one another. That is how the moon supposedly was made ...but there are objects larger than pluto which are comprised of rock =P. Did you see where it was decided? I was thinking it'd be newsworthy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-09, 06:20 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Indeed, the current theory is that..."
It's a planet because has rock in its centre? As in solid rock, or molten rock?

If molten rock, then I can understand why it's a planet, and bigger things in the Keiper Belt aren't... but if it's just rock, well, if that's the case then EVERYTHING, or at least most things, are planets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-09, 05:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's a planet because has rock in its..."
I'm almost absolutely sure Pluto does not have a molten core. Bahaha, I just named a dungeon off WOW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-09, 11:39 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm almost absolutely sure Pluto does..."
What about the gaseous planets? They don't have solid cores, right?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-10, 05:09 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "What about the gaseous planets? They..."
That's what school and common sense are for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-07-10, 07:28 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "what is the meaning of life?"
I'd like to sum it all up with one word, Yes.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-07-10, 11:26 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I'd like to sum it all up with one..."
there is no meaning to life
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
neopebble is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenneopebble is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

neopebble

Posted 2006-07-10, 12:46 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "What about the gaseous planets? They..."
Medieval Bob said:
What about the gaseous planets? They don't have solid cores, right?
Im not thinking rocky cores determines if it's a planet or not ...here I'll look up the criteria:

K, there are none. There is no set definition on what makes a planet and what doesn't =P. I suppose it's a planet if you say it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-10, 12:50 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "What about the gaseous planets? They..."
All the planets:

Mercury - Iron Core
Venus - Semi-solid iron-nickel core
Earth - Solid iron-nickle core
Mars - Slid rock core

Jupiter - Rock core
Saturn - Rock and ice core
Uranus - Solid rock core
Neptune - Silicate Rock Core

Pluto - Large Rock Core

---

Well ain't that something. I always thought the planets had molten cores. Probably because we've got a molten outer core.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-10, 08:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All the planets: Mercury - Iron..."
I call dip on Merury and Venus, after I sell all the iron and nikle, I will be rich bitchies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-07-11, 01:43 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "I call dip on Merury and Venus, after I..."
You call... dip?

You mean dibs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-07-11, 05:30 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "You call... dip? You mean dibs?"
arg.... right dibs..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2006-07-11, 02:43 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "arg.... right dibs.."
Mars' ice caps are a melting... or at least, evaporating. Which is interesting, because it looks as if Mars is also experiencing some kind of Global Warming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-18, 08:23 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Mars' ice caps are a melting... or at..."
then this is what i've always wondered:

should we take advantage of the world and live life to the fullest by

a. not give a shit and do whatever the fuck we want!
a1. be fat and eat and sleep and DRINK TONS OF MILK!
a2. do hella drugs and fuckin party

b. try to live a meaningful life and make a difference
b1. be faithful to god and hope our faith is well enough to send us somewhere else
b2. live a money-ful life, which is also meaningful, try to make money, try to be wealthy, try to be successful; and healthy.

Bah

this is gay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-07-18, 01:55 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "then this is what i've always wondered:..."
Jupiter is experiencing a kind of climate change too, with the growth of a second "Great Red Spot".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny