Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Infinite Big Bangs
Posted 2002-05-24, 03:50 PM
Ok lets say the big bang theory was true.
I think there is infinite amount of mass in space and that the big bang was just a tiny portion of the mass, that trillions and trillions X trillions and trillions of lightyears away from the big bang theres another universe, and another one, and another one. And that anything we can imagine most likely exist is some form across space. Just the scope of how many different posibilities are out there is insane.

Just wanna hear what your guys thought are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-05-24, 05:59 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
It's a good theory, I've always imagined each universe as an expanding bubble in a bathtub. The centre of each bubble is where the big bang took place, and the water is the mass.

However, I'm not sure about the part about the infinite mass. How could an emptyness appear out of an infinite mass? An explosion wouldn't exactly help.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-05-24, 06:58 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Well the scope of how much mass there is, espically if you believe theres more then 1 big bang at different parts of space, is just too much to comprehend it might as well be ifinity. You could travel a million times the speed of light for a trillion years
and take that distance traveled and times it by a trillion and still there would be planets and stars and crap
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-05-25, 01:54 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
What if each universe is a part of an electron string, which means that if you get microscopes that have a resonable zoom, you could look into another universe. So, the fact is that we would all be living inside an electron.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-05-25, 07:44 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
ok, theres something I cant understand.... how could the universe be made of nothing?

I am also christan so I dont even believe the big bang. =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-05-25, 11:22 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Religion and science never trully go hand in hand
I always wonder if we are all part of some larger organism or so to say like are cells may have actuall life to them in there own way (like a universe inside a universe) but it is a dumb idea but kinda interesting at the same time (think if you were as small as a virus our world wouldn't be reall visible to them so maybe the same is true with us )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-05-28, 06:48 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
I can nearly assure we aren't part of any other bigger organism cuz, BTW we're not at symbiosis with our enviroment... We'r just xploding it and destroying it...
2nd is that actually human kind does not have same pattern of behaviour as prior had.. what means, a virus or bacteria is beneficious or pernicious but always acts in same way over it's "enviroment" and BTW we don't act following any kind of instinc (actually neither the conservation one cuz our xistence is assured) and human acting is unpredictable... I supposse u won't understand me cuz i dun really know how to xplain what i have in mind in ur languaje... but at least... I tried!!!!!!

PS:What was prior to the big bang????? I find impossible to think on the NON-Xsistence of universe...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-05-28, 08:19 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Yes lets brainstorm together
forget all religion for now.
How did the universe start? obivously the big bang if there was only 1 is only the half way point of the universe, think of how long it took to pull all that mass together toget to the big bang in the first place, where did that matter come from?
Probaly the most mindboggling thing I have ever set my mind on, this subject that is
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-05-29, 06:23 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
I think the big bang just transformed the universe... there shall be a completely different one... Cuz i can't think matter can't be generated spontaneously...
I mean... u don't get fat if u don't eat hamburgers...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-05-29, 07:43 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
i eat tacos and burritos and nachos
yes i work at taco bell mauahahahahah
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-05-29, 08:58 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Then ur creating a new universe in ur fucking fat ass... Fear Sum's ass big bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-05-29, 08:59 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
if you ask, who created us, you would say we come from the monkeys then you would ask who created the monkeys then you would be going on and on until you ask the question

Who created the stuff that formed the big bang?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-05-30, 09:43 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
IT was Sum Yung Guy eating Tacos, burritos and Nachos...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-06-09, 04:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
ive thought about that 2 much...its almost scary to think about that but i just dont see what would exist before the big bang..i mean what could nothing? and what is nothing...nothing cant just be a big blank of white forever... because than itd be something and how can something go on forever because forever is so uncomprehendable to us humans because we know almost nothing in comparsion to what there is, and what there could be... wow... thats where i get frustrated because its unimaginable because we have never herd of it...
its like in catholism how there is a heaven and hell... i cant imagine a spirt or whatever the hell it is standing above me whatching and knowing everything and below my feet suposividly there is something else...hell...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Urbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUrbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Urbanxxxassualt

Posted 2002-06-11, 02:13 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
i think its more like a cycle. eventually all the matter in the universe will be pulled back into one point, and it will form a singularity, like there was right before the Big Bang, and then another big bang will occur. Odds are that this has already happened many times, we just have no proof of this, since it would be impossible to find any, since the universe is essentially recreated each time. just imagine that we are living in universe number 2346, and soon our time willcome to an end, and the universe will collapse and form another Big Bang and another universe. Freaky Stuff

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-06-11, 02:44 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Quote:
Originally posted by Sirpullido
I think the big bang just transformed the universe... there shall be a completely different one... Cuz i can't think matter can't be generated spontaneously...
I'm with u JR (but didn't said it as well as u did)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-06-12, 04:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
there was a big bang in my bed room last night
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia

Posted 2002-06-24, 08:10 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesadin
ok, theres something I cant understand.... how could the universe be made of nothing?

I am also christan so I dont even believe the big bang. =)
is not the universe is made of nothing. the universe is made out of a once very very dense object under high pressure that exploded outwards, thous creating the universe as we know of today. you can say that that dense energy/object was made out of nothing but not the universe

Read you sicence, its all in there.
(someone actually pay attention in class time )
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-24, 08:15 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Quote:
Originally posted by viciousmilitia
there was a big bang in my bed room last night
There is a WHOLE BUNCH in my neighborhood
~Zero Legend~
The unknown legend of Hell

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZeroX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZeroX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZeroX

Posted 2002-06-24, 08:16 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Infinite Big Bangs"
Quote:
Originally posted by Sum Yung Guy
Yes lets brainstorm together
forget all religion for now.
How did the universe start? obivously the big bang if there was only 1 is only the half way point of the universe, think of how long it took to pull all that mass together toget to the big bang in the first place, where did that matter come from?
Probaly the most mindboggling thing I have ever set my mind on, this subject that is
the matter is the universe. scientists are preticting that once the big bang happened, all the matters will start spiraling back into one big hot matter, and big bang would happen all over again. Life would be completely destroy and then completey renew again (kinda like recycling something in real life) for all we might know we might be the universe we are currently living in has been 'recycled 24356758686575676687685756745653645 times and life before us just as many. the problem is that we do not know how there something to begin with in the beginning
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury