Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Unhappy 1984 in 2084
Posted 2003-08-09, 02:51 AM
i jus finished this book and i can't help but think "this is all too familiar" i mean the three world superpowers oceania(america, england) eurasia(europe, russia) and east asia(arabic and oriental states). And with the passing of the "patriots" act which allows the american government to monitor its citizens without their consent its all too close to the story. while i don't think orwell was a seer i do believe that he was a political genius who predicted how communism would fall way before anyone imagined. why couldn't he be right about how paranoid governments use advanced technology to monitor their citizens every move
don't stop war otherwise the end will never come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-08-09, 09:29 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
What book is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-09, 10:47 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
1984 don't tell me you never heard of it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-08-09, 10:53 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
i haven't,

is it possible to find it in the internet??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-08-09, 11:04 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
well yes thats were i found it heres a link http://www.mondopolitico.com/library/1984/1984.htm i can't believe you never heard of it its been done on radio and as a movie
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-08-09, 01:56 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
Not everbody is American.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-10, 03:11 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
When the hell did i say that fucking quote me and show me were i said that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-08-10, 07:07 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
wow I've only read like 5 chapters, and this is a great book, I'm gonna go get the real one.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-08-11, 11:28 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "1984 in 2084"
wait, wait, you said thay make a movie also?? let me get that one instead !

at the bottom it says

"If, after finishing 1984, you find yourself nervous and paranoid, then: good. You have just taken a step closer to respecting the importance of human freedom and dignity, and the dangers in allowing governments to usurp your freedom to dissent or be different. All that remains is to fight to maintain or regain your ownlife (read the book, you'll know what we mean)."

dude i guess i'll read it then

Last edited by J_iceman; 2003-08-11 at 11:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman