Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

The Perfect World
Posted 2009-03-11, 05:55 PM
The idea of a perfect world is flawed...

I was thinking about this the other day, and I have come to the conclusion that a 'Perfect World' is an impossibilty. A 'Perfect World' is purely based on the person designing it in their head. Who decides whether or not guns are allowed in a perfect world? Oh, guns aren't needed? Then how will we hunt? Money won't be needed because we would work only enough time that would equate enough money that would cover the cost of food for your family. Food would be based on a certain level of consumption, designated by the minimum required caloric intake, based on your activity level and BMR. Homosexuality would be completely eradicated, as it goes against nature's law of reproductivity, it's wasteful management of energy, which in turn would conflict with your level of calories burned, which would in turn would require a restructuring of your food allowance. In the same line, sex that isn't for the purpose of reproduction would be wasteful in the same sense mentioned previously. Sex for the cause of reproduction would be controlled in the sense that a 'stockpile' or 'reserve' of food would be used to supply pregnant women, until a limit was reached, in which case you must wait for your turn in the cycle. That would be determined by when you applied for your license to reproduce which would be granted for a 1 month time period, based on testing devices needing approximately 2-3 weeks to confirm or deny pregnancy. This would, in turn, not cause food to go to waste, as only the amount needed for consumption would be produced. TV would be non-existant, as news would travel via mailers that would be distributed to distributors and then to a local distributor, then you would receive your news. It would arrive every 6-12 hours, depending on the level of importance of a crisis or event.

You wouldn't ever need worry about money to go to the movies, as movies would all be the same. Because everyone likes the same thing, in this perfect world, there would be no arguments, no disagreements. You wouldn't have to worry about the need for gas in your vehicle, as you would be alloted a weekly amount based on your driving needs. Also, you would be given a vehicle of the lowest level that meets the requirements of your driving and hauling needs, such as taking offspring to school, or acquiring supplies. You would never know to cherish the time you have with your family, as violence and disease would not steal them from you. You would expect your parents to die when they reach 65 (based on the California Retirement Plan, people retire at 55, should die around 65. Basically). Death would be a simple part of life that you come to, and it would be 100% expected. You wouldn't worry about what someone else thought about you, because you would think the same thing about yourself. You wouldn't have to worry about relationships, as your perfect partner would be assigned to you based on the decistion that you would produce offspring that would be beneficial to the continuing existance of mankind.

If you chose to read it, I hope you feel it comes across as Communist Dictatorship, because that's what I was going for. Basically, there would be no difference between anyone. But yet, the very nature of our cells is that there are anomolies from cell reproduction. So therefore, a perfect world is flawed.

Discuss, bitch, moan, whatever... I want to discuss this...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-03-12, 12:00 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Perfect World"
You're assuming that a perfect world will intrinsically limit individual freedom, which contradicts the paragon of libertarian perfection.

http://www.nickbostrom.com/utopia.html
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-03-12, 03:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "You're assuming that a perfect world..."
How do you know the world is not perfect already? What other worlds do you have to compare it with? As a whole this planet has a very nice balance to everything. Yea sure from the individuals perspective there is always something to improve in your daily life, but maybe that thing you improve, detracts from anothers life? And they improve their perfect world, and it detracts from yours. But if you look at the big picture, this planet is pretty magnificent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-03-12, 10:40 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "How do you know the world is not..."
The only way a World can be perfect would be for each individual to have complete and absolute control over their own.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-03-12, 11:11 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Perfect World"
There are books depicting that (Brave New World is one. I cant remember the other...It's seriously bugging the hell out of me too, because I loved the book when I read it). Even in those books perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Perfection is boring.

Last edited by Jessifer; 2009-03-12 at 11:15 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-12, 05:20 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "There are books depicting that (Brave..."
Chruser... that is pretty long, I'll read it later...

But you guys see my point! Everyone wants to move towards a 'more perfect' world. Who defines what is perfect? Maybe to me it means never having to deal with mistakes. Maybe, if I go to shoot someone, get chased by cops, then shot down, I want to respawn just prior to me pulling that trigger and go, "Okay, that didn't work, let's contemplate a different tactic..." a la Halo!

I agree that the world we are in now is great. Not perfect, but it's good enough...

EDIT: So, basically Chruser... that is a letter written by your spirit? It is going to take a minute to digest properly... but I will be back...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...

Last edited by Draco2003; 2009-03-12 at 05:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-03-12, 09:55 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Chruser... that is pretty long, I'll..."
There's always room for improvements in this world. Certain aspects of it that need to be eradicated such as violence, famine and poverty...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-12, 11:09 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "There's always room for improvements in..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
There's always room for improvements in this world. Certain aspects of it that need to be eradicated such as violence, famine and poverty...
But my perfect world includes violence!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-03-13, 10:19 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "But my perfect world includes violence!"
We'll save the violence for the video games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-13, 01:45 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "We'll save the violence for the video..."
See that's my point, a perfect world is in each's own own perspective of perfect.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-03-13, 11:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "See that's my point, a perfect world is..."
Agreed. The perfect world is completely relative to each person. There may be some similarities, but "perfect" by its very definition needs to be all inclusive. For that reason there will never be a perfect world for all those involved, unless they're some borg-like entity that all have the same idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-03-18, 07:57 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Perfect World"
Ok, I only read the first post, so people correct me if I'm wrong...

The perfect world is China?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai