Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Fake moon walk
Posted 2006-08-15, 09:22 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

Another poof
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-08-15, 10:22 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Fake moon walk"
Things get lost.... but how 700 boxes of it? Stupid government agencies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-15, 09:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Things get lost.... but how 700 boxes..."
they're in my basement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-16, 08:18 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "they're in my basement."
I've known about that for weeks... =3
But what I wanna know is why the tapes we saw were downgraded quality of what was actaully a very crisp footage?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-16, 04:00 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I've known about that for weeks... =3..."
Isn't it explained right on that link?

Because the magnetic storage they used at the time was not compatible with the method used for TV, so they shot a camera at their own monitor. It's like taking a screenshot of your screen with a digital camera instead of pressing print screen. The quality is shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-08-17, 05:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Isn't it explained right on that link?..."
Oh... I better tell my conspiracy-crazed phsyco of a father that thats the reason and not what he thinks as a 'cover-up'. Sheesh, to think I listened to him rant about it and wasted a perfectly good sunday morning... Never believe what a crazy person says, they always say.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-17, 11:41 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Oh... I better tell my..."
So how can you be sure whether or not to believe them?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-17, 01:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So how can you be sure whether or not..."
Maybe they accidentally landed on Mars instead and tried to cover it up .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-17, 04:52 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Maybe they accidentally landed on Mars..."
I actaully believe that. Now I know where ice cream comes from. =D
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-18, 11:30 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Fake moon walk"
I don't even know if I should beleive that the moons exists at all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-08-18, 11:33 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "I don't even know if I should beleive..."
If a group of astronomers get their way, then Pluto's moon will technically be a planet, as will our Moon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-18, 04:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If a group of astronomers get their..."
Where does it say that our Moon will be a planet? Charon and Pluto dance around a point not inside Pluto as they orbit the sun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-19, 04:47 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Where does it say that our Moon will be..."
It's just something I read.

I like to call that group the Moonies, or Mooners. Or the Loonies. Whichever takes your fancy.

They're all mad - they want the term "Planet" defined officially. The definition meaning that another 30 or 40 objects would be classified as planets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-19, 07:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's just something I read. I like..."
i heard that they might add 3 planets to our solar system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-08-20, 05:35 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If a group of astronomers get their..."
Lenny said:
If a group of astronomers get their way, then Pluto's moon will technically be a planet, as will our Moon.
You talking about this article?: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/spa...8/moon.planet/

If so, I think there's still a while before our moon becomes a planet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-08-21, 12:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You talking about this article?:..."
That's the one!

I can see why it might become so, but it's weird.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny