Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2010-06-14, 12:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I don't buy it. I've had curse client..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I don't buy it. I've had curse client add-on on my computer and i'm still up and running. I've been using curse add-on's since 05-06'ish and still have had no key-logger/no account stolen.

I'm not buying it at all. I'm guessing (no offense) that you are a retard, went and google'd some sort of add-on and went to a third-party website and ended up installing a non-legitimate add-on and ran sort of .exe that wasn't originally involved in the add-on.

If you downloaded it anywhere besides curse.com then it is your own fault, and yes, you are stupid. No offense. I'm assuming you did so?

Blizzard is just telling you what they assume, because they like you, have no idea what you did to get yourself hacked. Add-on's are completely safe. It is impossible to get an .exe through a well-known site with a massive player base such as curse.com and I really don't imagine that you downloaded something from there and it inevitably got your account hacked.
Add-ons are indeed completely safe. Downloading and manually installing add-ons (without any installer packs, .exe's, etc.) is completely safe. However, supposedly the Curse Client, as well as other similar clients, are indeed susceptible to things such as keyloggers and other malicious things. The argument is moot though if you have an authenticator, as there's basically no way anyone could get into your account even if they managed to give you a keylogger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-14, 02:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Add-ons are indeed completely safe. ..."
Quote:
The argument is moot though if you have an authenticator, as there's basically no way anyone could get into your account even if they managed to give you a keylogger.
Lol, apparently he did have an authenticator. Lmao.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-15, 06:20 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Ok. So after all those hours on hold I..."
You can't just tamper with a torrent stream. If you fail to send the original data, it will fail the hash check and get discarded. As for Curse, they are a company out to make legitimate money and aren't going to keylog away their customers. Thier current buisness model depends on people using the curse client and paying for premium membership; they need people to trust the curse client.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-06-15, 09:41 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You can't just tamper with a torrent..."
Exactly. And if you get a keylogger using a torrent then you are the retard, and should self /facepalm yourself until you can't do it anymore.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-15, 09:45 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Exactly. And if you get a keylogger..."
I've never used the curse-client myself because I've got no problem manually installing my add-ons and not having issues, but from what I understand, it isn't the client that carries the keyloggers, but the addons you choose to download with it very well may. When I download and manually install add-ons, I know there aren't any .exe files included, but supposedly that isn't the case with the curse-client as well as other add-on managers. Regardless, there's no excuse for not having an authenticator, and if you lose your accounts or your items, it's your own stupid fault somewhere along the line.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!