Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Spear throwing barbs
Posted 2004-08-06, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know how to set up an effective double throw barb?
any ideas on points and item setup?
Thanks!
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-08-07, 07:35 PM in reply to sheerx's post "Spear throwing barbs"
Yes, you wanan go with alot into Double Swing since it synergizes Double Throw. As for gear try a 160/60 ias using Cruel Winged harpoons of Quickness that will put you far beyond max Speed throw that way if u get slowed by necs or anything you still throw at max speed. I created a barb like this one did about 10,000 throw for each weapon. Trust me when i say he hurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:06 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Yes, you wanan go with alot into Double..."
JustDieFool and I made Throw Barbs a while back. They were quite amusing, and effective with a LOT of practice.

Throw Barbs are 90% predicting what the other player is going to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "JustDieFool and I made Throw Barbs a..."
yea, Voll, i did read your post similar to this one in a older thread.. Just wondering anyone have in depth suggestions on exact point spread and recommended items? Also what would be better.. those new unique harpoons of 1.10 or just plain cruels? thanks!
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:41 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Yes, you wanan go with alot into Double..."
Endurack said:
Yes, you wanan go with alot into Double Swing since it synergizes Double Throw. As for gear try a 160/60 ias using Cruel Winged harpoons of Quickness that will put you far beyond max Speed throw that way if u get slowed by necs or anything you still throw at max speed. I created a barb like this one did about 10,000 throw for each weapon. Trust me when i say he hurt.
Can winged harpoons be shopbotted? I guess malah would be best bet to get one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:54 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Can winged harpoons be shopbotted? I..."
Yes, they can. I loved 1v1ing another Throw Barb, although we'd usually run out of harpoons before anyone died...

I never really bothered trying to perfect a Throw Barb, due to the fact that it doesn't do too great vs much other than other Throw Barbs. The element of surprise is the only thing they really have going for them.

You can lay down a pattern of javelins, but you'll be lacking in resists with a typical 160/60 build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-08, 12:31 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yes, they can. I loved 1v1ing another..."
Not really, you could easily get resitances without trying hard on a barbarian. I went maxing my NR and had bout +65% just from that. On top of that you can use Nokazan relic and Hot SPurs for fire sorces, or go 1 handed and make a 160% Cold Res or 88% all Res SHield. WIth Arreats you can make a Umed one for 45 all Resitances, then Anya is another +30 Anni is 10-20, then use a few 20 life 5 all res sc's (5 should be good 25 res right there). Add that up and you get more then enough resitances.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-08-08, 04:16 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Not really, you could easily get..."
I dunno, the one I made was for private duels with a friend who made one also.

That was the most odd type of dueling I'd ever engaged in, it was amusing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-08, 04:26 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I dunno, the one I made was for private..."
Eth Lacerators would be IMO the best, and my only defense vs melee was using those necro boots forget their name, and using the bone prison charges, didnt really work well tho. But w/ good res these barbs own fire sorcs. And i've seen a barb turn invisible when he threw his harpoons cuz of some ias glitch thingy idk, it was fucking cool tho.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-08-08, 05:23 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Eth Lacerators would be IMO the best,..."
the boots would be called marrowwalks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-10, 09:51 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "the boots would be called marrowwalks"
Ethreal Gargoyles Bite winged harpoons would be by VERY VERY far the absolute best javalin for this job, lil ias, self repair, and damn near 500 throw, thats gotta hurt ladies and gents~
yet still, ethreal lacerators are the dominant over all throwing weapons purely in the fact that it has a very large stack size, they are -10 speed with some ias on them, and the amp; ohh damn that amp, but i actually tried a stack of eth gargys in left hand and eth lacys in right hand; it worked pretty damn well to tell ya the truth; im probably going to make another throw barb this patch i just have to get ahold of the gear (210% eth lacerators are a pain + a bitch+ arm+leg+appendix just to get ~_~)

if i get this working effectively ill post a guide and give some strait statistics; ie throwing frames/dmg/def/life/res

biggest thing with a throw barb, uve gotta have some run/walk; if ur slow, UR DEAD so you gotta be a fast clicker, know what the shift button is for, and have some experience playing projectile chars so you can aim successfully from outta the screen
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan