Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2002-06-12, 07:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
APC?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-06-12, 08:04 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Quote:
P.S. I set off metal detectors.
That must be fun.

Yeah, they're all spammers
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-06-12, 11:05 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Do cops pull u to the side and use the handheld detectors?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-06-12, 11:28 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Well, I'm almost finished building my Über-gaming-rig ; here's the specs:
  • Antec 1080 tower case with 430W power supply(with two fans) and 5 additional 80mm case fans
  • ABIT KX7-333 motherboard
  • AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (1733333333Hz)
  • 512MB of 133333333Hz DDR RAM
  • VisionTek Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (128MB RAM)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 (perhaps a bit outdated, but doesn't affect speed and quite adequate)
  • LinkSys 100Mbps Ethernet adapter
  • My 10 year old dual floppy (most reliable floppy drive I've ever owned)
  • Lite-On 12x10x32 CD-RW (I refuse to go higher than 40x for the safety of my CDs)
  • Maxtor 60GB HD (I'm sure I got gipped by a gig or so, but more than adequate for my HD usage)
  • WD 30GB HD from my old computer (so I can easily access my old stuff, of course)
  • Windows XP Pro
It would be built already, except my last case had a defective power supply, which upon powering up the computer, it sparked and let the smoke out (and we all know that electronics only work with the smoke in ), so I had to replace it and was so paranoid about the same thing happening again with the replacement, that I tested like every half step (HD with power, turn it on, no smoke, turn it off, HD with signal cable, turn it on, no smoke, turn it off, HD with power and signal cable, turn it on, no smoke, turn it off, ad nausium)

Can't wait to finish it tonight
--WetWired

P.S. I've built several tens of computers before, and I assure you I'm not usually that carefull and paranoid :O)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-06-12, 12:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Quote:
P.S. I've built several tens of computers before, and I assure you I'm not usually that carefull and paranoid :O) [/B]

I hope so !!!! lol

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-06-12, 06:57 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Heheh I got 2x the amount as ram as you.... otherwise you got a much superior computer.
Very Nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-06-12, 10:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
i need a new graphics card, mines a 32mb GeForce2

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-06-12, 11:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
on one of my computers I have a riva tnt2 =P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-06-13, 04:28 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
GeForce 2 MX-400 here. Gives me 60 FPS in all games, all the time.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-06-13, 04:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
GeForce 2 MX-400 here. Gives me 60 FPS in all games, all the time.
Try that with Morrowind in any city.........
Proly 15 frames if your lucky
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-06-13, 08:35 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
lol ya morrowind is pretty graphic demanding
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-06-13, 03:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
I keep hearing all of these recommendations for Morrowind... Wish my computer didn't suck so badly, I probably don't even have enough room to install it.. 534 MB left.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-06-13, 09:45 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
yah chruser i got the same card, yet my framerates in GTA3 suck ass. any idea what? and my processor is a 1.6 hz P4

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-06-14, 07:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Quote:
yah chruser i got the same card, yet my framerates in GTA3 suck ass. any idea what? and my processor is a 1.6 hz P4
Because GTA was designed with *at least* a GF3 in mind, probably a GF4Ti.

And whatever you do, don't buy a GF4MX, they're just GF2s in disguise.
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-06-14, 08:36 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
I hate one of those damn urinals they have over at my school.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-14, 08:36 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
It seems that you can't piss in it without it bouncing back at you.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-14, 08:37 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
That actually happen to me twice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-14, 08:42 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
I looked like a total mess.

Last edited by Strider Fury; 2002-06-14 at 09:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-14, 09:06 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Good thing they had those blow-dryers at inserted on the wall.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-06-14, 09:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post "The New General Chat Thread"
Now whats up with those things anyways?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury