Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Spam (split thread)
Posted 2005-12-20, 12:30 PM
The current setup is just fine, at least it would be if it were used correctly. People spam up Gen Con all of the time even though spam belongs in the chat forum, it's just how things are, and they aren't all new members either. Instead of enforcing the rules like they should, the mods just move spammed up Gen Con threads to the chat forum, even if it is a great conversational thread, if a bunch of people start spamming it up it gets landed in the chat forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-22, 04:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Spam (split thread)"
I agree with you. People need to fucking grow up. Titusfied, mantra, act your age.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-22, 10:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Spam (split thread)"
So I logged onto a friends comp to get him the website for a .09 hack and didn't log in, well K_A we do have a forum, you can't veiw d2hacks/bots unless logged in. SDo chrooozer/ww is already a head of you
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-23, 01:04 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "So I logged onto a friends comp to get..."
I had to read your post twice to understand it, and even then I don't see how it has any relevance to this thread. I'm aware that you have to be logged in to see the D2 hacks and bots forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Spam (split thread)"
!King_Amazon! said:
Well then maybe we should have people who do nothing but spam up gen con banned from gen con or something. There are just those people who never actually contribute anything to gen con, like Mantra, and one bad post by him can lead to even more from other people and yet another ruined thread.
Oh shit there are 4 spam posts this thread is ruined. I can't believe how some people are so lazy they can't sift through a few posts. I don't think I have super human reading speeds but damn ...if I'm interested in the thread I read through it all .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:26 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Oh shit there are 4 spam posts this..."
I'm not talking about threads that have a couple of spam posts in them, I'm talking about threads that are RUINED by spam, one person starts it and it keeps going until the thread is completely off topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not talking about threads that have..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm not talking about threads that have a couple of spam posts in them, I'm talking about threads that are RUINED by spam, one person starts it and it keeps going until the thread is completely off topic.
Think of it as evolution :P. Or ...an act of fate ...fate determined it would move that way! EMBRACE IT MY BROTHER!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:31 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Think of it as evolution :P. Or ...an..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38396

There's a good example of what I'm talking about.

Also you might want to read the stickied RULES of Gen Con.

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27946

Sovereign said:
There seems to be a lot of confusion going around at zelaron. From what i see it, the same shit that happens in the chat forum, happens in the general convo forum as well. This forum was made for serious discussion and for threads that the creaters don't want infested by spam. I have decided to lay a few basic rules for this forum. If you have a problem with any of them, feel free to cuss me out on aim (Wanker22287) or p.m. me.

1) Only serious topics can be posted here. No stupid threads that in any way resemble " i can eat you if i want too" are permitted. Threads such as these will be immediatly be move to the chat forum, or, if bad enough, shitcanned on sight.

2) Try to keep the context of your post on topic to the thread title. If the thread is about "Outlawing makeup" (just a stupid example), the posts must reflect the posters opinions and views on what is said about outlawing makeup. From this point on, no "this is the stupidest thread i have seen", or "I want to hit mysefl for reading this" remarks will be tolerated. Posts that are like that will immediatly be removed to teh trash can, and constant perpetrators can and most likely will be temp banned.

3) As with every forum except the flame forum itself, NO FLAMING IS ALLOWED. IF i or anybody else catches you going off, flaming and calling people names, you will be warned. Repeat offenders can and most likely will be temp banned.

Im all for people having fun and spewing off topic, but general convo is not the place for it. May i introduce you to the chat forum for that. Spam all you want there. Say you hate this and hate that there. Say you want to beat youselffor reading this thread there. KEEP IT OUT OF HERE

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2005-12-23 at 06:36 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?..."
Well ...as true as that may be ...Chuck Norris jokes are funny right now ...it'll go away soon enough then you can have your thread back
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:37 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well ...as true as that may be ...Chuck..."
I agree Chuck Norris jokes are indeed funny, I enjoy them myself, but they don't belong in that thread. Those posts should be split out into a new thread for Chuck Norris jokes or something. The thread is NOT about Chuck Norris jokes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree Chuck Norris jokes are indeed..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I agree Chuck Norris jokes are indeed funny, I enjoy them myself, but they don't belong in that thread. Those posts should be split out into a new thread for Chuck Norris jokes or something. The thread is NOT about Chuck Norris jokes.
Well, as long as everyone's enjoying themselves isn't that what really matters? :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:39 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well, as long as everyone's enjoying..."
Let them enjoy themselves in the chat forum, that's where it belongs. General Conversation is for serious discussion, not for Chuck Norris jokes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Let them enjoy themselves in the chat..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Let them enjoy themselves in the chat forum, that's where it belongs. General Conversation is for serious discussion, not for Chuck Norris jokes.

Fair enough. I'd still have to disagree with the idea of a senior members forum :P. Don't know how much incentive that would give ...most people would just go somewhere where they could access all the content without the hassle :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Complaints (split thread)
Posted 2005-12-23, 08:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Spam (split thread)"
The lines between the chat forum and general conversation are very blurred right now, methinks. If you care that much I will crack down on it a bit. However, some threads just go through natural conversation changes, it's called transition. It's hard to pick what goes and what is relevant... because in a way it's all relevant. Unless it's just random blabbing, in which case it goes.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-23 at 08:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-23, 08:53 AM in reply to Grav's post "Complaints (split thread)"
You're a Mod. You're supposed to enforce the rules all the time, not only if someone asks.

To be brutally honest, you're helping to blur the line between the two, not sharpening it up like Mods are supposed to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-23, 08:56 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're a Mod. You're supposed to..."
See my edit.

Also, it also ties into my philosophy that we are NOT active enough of a board for anyone to really crack the whip. [Hence why WW removed all the mods.] We do not have 500+ members on at a time that requires much rule enforcing. As long as it brings some activity without being outlandishly retarded (think zagggon) I think it's fair to leave it. I'll be looking a little more closely at that, but I still think my reasoning is just.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-23, 09:02 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "See my edit. Also, it also ties into..."
Still, people are complaining that the Gen Con has become another Chat Forum. If the mods were enforcing those rules anyway, instead of doing so only after being asked then people wouldn't be complaining.

And can I ask, what was the point behind changing every single "labtop" in Ganga's thread to "laptop"? Fair enough if Ganga asked you to edit his post and title, but to edit the whole thread?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-23, 09:03 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're a Mod. You're supposed to..."
Lenny said:
You're a Mod. You're supposed to enforce the rules all the time, not only if someone asks.

To be brutally honest, you're helping to blur the line between the two, not sharpening it up like Mods are supposed to.
We're all friends here Lenny ...come sit on papa's lap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 09:04 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Still, people are complaining that the..."
Who is complaining, exactly? I haven't really seen anyone complain except KA, and he complains about everything.

It was my way of warning them to stop spamming about "labs."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-12-23, 09:10 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Who is complaining, exactly? I haven't..."
Read through threads and posts recently, and people are starting to say that Gen Con and the Chat Forum are becoming too much alike.

And would it not have been easier just to tell everyone to stop posting about "labtops"? Not everyone is on the same wavelength as you. There's probably no-one else here who knew off the top of their head that you changed everything as a warning.

Reading through the thread, only a few people were not talking about the specs of the laptop. I'm not naming names, but you can find out eaily who they are. I wasn't for one, I just replied to a post explaining how Freshamn call laptops "labtops". The conversation carried on fine.

And then there are threads that have gone off the rails, yet they are still going with no editting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny