Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

WW Barb Questions.
Posted 2004-08-11, 08:16 PM
What charms should I use. Keep in mind I'm not super rich. Also, what items would you recommend using. I will surely be using EBOTD cb's and a Wyrmhide enigma (That's set in stone, I don't care if it's the best). I also will be using 2x angelic rings + ammy, and 2x 3 Warcry spears on weapon switch. What other gear (not uber expensive...) gear would you recommend.

Skill placement would also be nice. Thanks in advance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:25 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "WW Barb Questions."
recommendations:
helm - Arreats for resists, skills should be socketed with either um or ed jewel
ammy - highlords for that extra chance at critical strike, keep in mind ar isnt everything
shield - ss a no brainer um/ed jewel it
ring1 - r frost (must have)
ring2 - something with dual stats and resists other mods = nice, or if u dont have to have anything of the sort another r frost couldbe helpfull
belt - dungos
boots - gore riders/soul spurs

as for skills
sword mastery - max since ur using a cb
ww - max
nat resists - aprox 5
bo - max
shout - makes bo last much longer
bcommand - 1 temp boost for ww and bo = more damg and life with 1 point
inc speed - 1 is all u need here
iron skin - 1 al you really need

this seems ez to say but reactions and strategy = diff story
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:34 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "recommendations: helm - Arreats for..."
Cool, thanks! Now what about charm selection
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-11, 09:01 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Cool, thanks! Now what about charm..."
vita charms 3/20/20's 290's and lighting charms (ex. jarinth small charm) are all good for melee barbs.. would be effective for your case.. also combat, and war cry grandcharms would help. but for a most effective use of your space.. fill it up with 3/20/20's and a few 290s if you can spare
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-08-12, 12:59 AM in reply to sheerx's post starting "vita charms 3/20/20's 290's and..."
......... not all of us are rich enuff to have 39*3/20/20's, basically get a bunch of life charms and + max damg, resist charms help too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-12, 01:36 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "......... not all of us are rich enuff..."
supposibly 3/20/20's are cheap nowadays because people say they're disapearing..

But you should get some 20/5 res charms. 5 warcry gc too. Warcry outside, then swap in stash with combat or whatever you want. Use that thing that has charges for enchant too, Demon Limb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-08-12, 10:04 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "supposibly 3/20/20's are cheap nowadays..."
Gah never at all that, Drop the wyrmhide enigma and go something more useful like an archon or something else; dont worry about getting extra str is what i say; 1 str : 1% ed on a barb therefor if you get more str? its dmg too man

Helm: 40/10 min upgraded arreats (40ed reg arreats works as well)
Armor: archon or other high defence enigma
Wep: best % botd cb you can get ur hands on
Shield: 40ed or 40/10 min ss
Gloves: Steelrends not just for damage but for the nice def
Boots: Wartravs 10-25 dmg, 10 vit, 10 str what more can you ask for?
Belt: 40vit/15dr dungos is the want
Ammy: 2 barb skill str/dex ammy (fiend sunder if useast nonlad)
Rings: 2X 20/240+ ravens or 2X bul kathos or 1 bk 1 raven

Charms: Damage,Ar,Life <--- those are the needs so 3/20/20s if you wanna be cheesy, i never use 3/20/20s at least not dual red dot ilvl 99 ones ~_~ i tend to love maxes such as 10max/ar/38+ life gcs
im and oldschool legit charm fan, + you get more max damage from those than you do from 3/20/20s; if you cant afford nice charms like this i suggest some 5X steel grandcharms 5X fine grandcharms, 9X small vita charms and anni (anni is practically a must for barbs because of how insane the bonuses turn out in the end)

Other blade options i just got mine recently.....
Ethreal balrog/colossus blade/colossus sword with god mods
400%+ ed self repair fools if u can find it
fools is probably the most godly magic mod for melee in the entire game, mass ar, some decent damage youll want it to be able to hit 4frame ww as well so some ias is good

Cb needs 40 ias
BB needs 35 ias
cs needs 45 ias (all gotta be on the wep)

back to the armor subject, Enigma is nice but some other armors are nice choices as well; for BvB i like to use an ethreal zodded valor, nice def, some vit, skills, its all good

I dunno why but i carry around a 160/40min just for the hell of the dmg and sometimes it actually kills certain chars that become difficult to kill.

yet, as you said, your enigma is set in stone so this is just my suggestions =)

all my barbs i make i go
156 base str
150+ base dex (i dont have any barbs below lvl 92 so i need it for block)
all rest vit

my best one so far is packin 6.3k ww 26k ar (when enchanted) 32 k def 75% block 50 dr 50+ resists 5400 life

my biggest suggestion over all is dont be noobish and go with an axe, like you said your going to use cb and i thank you for not being stupid, berzerker axe has a very strange hitpattern for ww; it can be godly, it can also suck...like it usually does so good luck with the barb and ill keep an eye out for more questions
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2004-08-12, 10:07 AM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "Gah never at all that, Drop the..."
I forgot to add, about the enchant; your gonna want to keep a demonlimb in ur stash if you dont know about that already~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2004-08-12, 12:27 PM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "I forgot to add, about the enchant;..."
use the edit buttton, also for barbs defense isnt an issue, 40/10 min in arreats/ss?? NT, also an type of enigma is good enuff, for BvB - Gores and Draculs own steelrends and wt's. Id rather have the DS, OW and CB than about 200 more ww damg 10/10 stats, consistency in DS is vital to damg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-12, 12:31 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "use the edit buttton, also for barbs..."
sov use some of the charms on my barb
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-13, 01:36 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "sov use some of the charms on my barb"
Do you realise that deadly strike fucks up barbs? if you wear gores, thats 15% ds, and deadlystrike makes the barbs mastery critical strike % NULLIFY and become useless; why the hell would u use draculs? open wounds isnt a huge object, and the lifetap doesnt work with ww, u cant cast spells on hit with ww~ steels and travs i remain standing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2004-08-13, 02:04 PM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "Do you realise that deadly strike fucks..."
i'll just tell what stuff mine has (its kinda best there is i think

helm = arreats with 40/15
shield = storm with 40/15
belt = bugged siggards
armor = enigma
weapon = BotD eth CB
gloves = perf steelrends
boots = gore riders
rings = 2x Angelic
amulet = Angelics

Charms: anni & +20 life sc with +all resist AND skillers ofcourse (warcry and few combat skiller)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-13, 10:28 PM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "Do you realise that deadly strike fucks..."
Zuberan said:
Do you realise that deadly strike fucks up barbs? if you wear gores, thats 15% ds, and deadlystrike makes the barbs mastery critical strike % NULLIFY and become useless; why the hell would u use draculs? open wounds isnt a huge object, and the lifetap doesnt work with ww, u cant cast spells on hit with ww~ steels and travs i remain standing
learn the facts Zub, i bet u dont even kno the chance to do critical strike forumla, this is a conceptual problem, not to your lame linear approach. If you were good enuff to know that CS + DS results in a diminshed return to DS. The point of wearing draculs and gores in BvB is to gain OW, you are now corrected for your stupidity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-14, 09:13 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "learn the facts Zub, i bet u dont even..."
blckshdwdragon said:
learn the facts Zub, i bet u dont even kno the chance to do critical strike forumla, this is a conceptual problem, not to your lame linear approach. If you were good enuff to know that CS + DS results in a diminshed return to DS. The point of wearing draculs and gores in BvB is to gain OW, you are now corrected for your stupidity.
gah, ive never really liked ow or psn.... ow i can moderately live with because if someone fuckin hits u with a sword? UR GONNA BLEED but ehh... i still rather duels of pure damage/life and defence =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2004-08-15, 12:30 AM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "gah, ive never really liked ow or..."
If you don't value resis, fireclaw Druid, Avanger or whatever elemental melee would kill you with their eyes closed...

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-08-15, 12:35 AM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "gah, ive never really liked ow or..."
Zuberan said:
gah, ive never really liked ow or psn.... ow i can moderately live with because if someone fuckin hits u with a sword? UR GONNA BLEED but ehh... i still rather duels of pure damage/life and defence =)
tell that to the rest of bnet, its the survival of the fittest
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-15, 12:39 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "tell that to the rest of bnet, its the..."
blckshdwdragon said:
tell that to the rest of bnet, its the survival of the fittest
At least in public duels.

Nice sig upgrade there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-17, 11:30 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "At least in public duels. ;) Nice..."
Fireclaws usually doesnt have a chance against ww because bears have horrible fhr; and fireclaws doesnt exactly get extremely godly attack rating(i dont remember if fireclaws is an autohit like rabies and charged strike)

Yeah... survival of the fittist it is i guess but if ur gonna be that mean just use a fucking stacking bone necro ~_~ i have yet to see one of those be killed by a single person in a real duel of just 1 on 1. Yes its the mosty gay ass cheap fighting style of d2 but it works and if ur gonna be talking about survival of the fittist then you just gotta use what works right? I dont really go for all out pvp chars, i say a good char is a char that can both own pvp and pvm; thats why i stick to ww barbs, slow but steady in pvm; only challange is iron maiden and then u stick to zerk.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2004-08-17, 05:30 PM in reply to Zuberan's post starting "Fireclaws usually doesnt have a chance..."
Zuberan said:
Fireclaws usually doesnt have a chance against ww because bears have horrible fhr; and fireclaws doesnt exactly get extremely godly attack rating(i dont remember if fireclaws is an autohit like rabies and charged strike)

Yeah... survival of the fittist it is i guess but if ur gonna be that mean just use a fucking stacking bone necro ~_~ i have yet to see one of those be killed by a single person in a real duel of just 1 on 1. Yes its the mosty gay ass cheap fighting style of d2 but it works and if ur gonna be talking about survival of the fittist then you just gotta use what works right? I dont really go for all out pvp chars, i say a good char is a char that can both own pvp and pvm; thats why i stick to ww barbs, slow but steady in pvm; only challange is iron maiden and then u stick to zerk.
.......FC gets GODLY amounts of AR i dunno what ur smoking, also bears can still have good FHR with 4 frame FC. Necros arent gods, only the person using them makes them godly, you my friend have a strange philisophy to dueling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-17, 06:33 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting ".......FC gets GODLY amounts of AR i..."
blckshdwdragon said:
.......FC gets GODLY amounts of AR i dunno what ur smoking, also bears can still have good FHR with 4 frame FC. Necros arent gods, only the person using them makes them godly, you my friend have a strange philisophy to dueling.
It's True that it's the person that uses the necs that makes them godly, but you can't deny the fact that necros have a slight adventage over some other classes.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT