Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Time to kill people...
Posted 2004-02-01, 04:13 AM
I don't know what the source is on this, so it might be bullshit.

Square Enix Abandons Chrono Break Trademark in the US
01.09.04 - 9:40 PM

Square Enix has abandoned its trademark Chrono Break with the US Patent and Trademark Office. However, the status of the trademark Chrono Brake, which has been registered by the company at the Japan Patent Office remains unchanged.
The two differently worded trademarks have resulted in a lot of speculation and hope among many fans for a third installment of what is arguably one of Square Enix's most popular RPG series. After the completion of Final Fantasy XI, scenario writer and Chrono series mastermind Masato Katou quit the company to become a freelance writer, most recently lending his talents to MonolithSoft and Namco's Baten Kaitos.

One of two possibilities:

1) Square decided that Chrono Break was a lame title, so they dissolved the old patent and will create a new one in the near future.

2) The third Chrono game isn't coming to America, if it's made at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-01, 11:01 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Time to kill people..."
Wow, that sucks. Real bad. Why would they do this? This game would sell millions garunteed.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2004-02-01, 12:19 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Wow, that sucks. Real bad. Why would..."
Definately bullshit. Notice how "break" is spelled wrong in there once, which raises the probability that it's someone BSing.

Honestly, how could you believe that squarenix would be that stupid?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-02-01, 12:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Definately bullshit. Notice how..."
Um... it's speled brake intentionally. If you'd read the entire thing, you would have noticed that.

Quote:
The two differently worded trademarks have resulted
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-02-01, 01:43 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Um... it's speled brake intentionally. ..."
I just reread it and I still don't know what you mean. Maybe I'm just numb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-02-01, 03:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I just reread it and I still don't know..."
The Trademark registered in America was "Chrono Break", while the Trademark registered in Japan is "Chrono Brake". Intentional difference in spelling.

Yeah, anyway. I've enjoyed what little of the Chrono series I've played so far, and it'd suck if they gave up on the third installment. I woulda bought it.

Also, off topic: Someone fixed the spelling for the "wierd" smiley! It's "weird" now! Huzzah!...In case no one has noticed, that is.

Last edited by Jessifer; 2004-02-01 at 03:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-02-01, 05:33 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The Trademark registered in America was..."
It would have actually been the 4th, but who's counting?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-02-01, 10:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Time to kill people..."
Raziel said:
I don't know what the source is on this, so it might be bullshit.

Square Enix Abandons Chrono Break Trademark in the US
01.09.04 - 9:40 PM

Square Enix has abandoned its trademark Chrono Break with the US Patent and Trademark Office. However, the status of the trademark Chrono Brake, which has been registered by the company at the Japan Patent Office remains unchanged.
The two differently worded trademarks have resulted in a lot of speculation and hope among many fans for a third installment of what is arguably one of Square Enix's most popular RPG series. After the completion of Final Fantasy XI, scenario writer and Chrono series mastermind Masato Katou quit the company to become a freelance writer, most recently lending his talents to MonolithSoft and Namco's Baten Kaitos.

One of two possibilities:

1) Square decided that Chrono Break was a lame title, so they dissolved the old patent and will create a new one in the near future.

2) The third Chrono game isn't coming to America, if it's made at all.
they would have to be stupid to not release Chrono Break in America.I would defenitely buy it because I liked Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross so far.I think Chrono Break would probably be the best game ever made.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-02, 09:30 AM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "they would have to be stupid to not..."
That's really stupid. They should get past those issues and make it.
Life is short.
Let's all grab a BEER~~~!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2004-02-02, 07:06 PM in reply to Cerridwen's post starting "That's really stupid. They should get..."
Cerridwen said:
That's really stupid. They should get past those issues and make it.
yes if they don't make it I will be mad at them forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-02, 08:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It would have actually been the 4th,..."
!King_Amazon! said:
It would have actually been the 4th, but who's counting?
Wha???? explain better asshole.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-02-02, 11:28 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Wha???? explain better asshole."
Radical Dreamers was technically the second game in the series. It was never released in America.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-03, 08:30 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Wha???? explain better asshole."
Tyrannicide said:
Wha???? explain better asshole.
Asshole? Why the hell are you calling me an asshole?

Not that I deny it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-02-03, 03:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Asshole? Why the hell are you calling..."
it was just a joke. I justed wanted to get the attention to find out what the second one was. Why the fuck wasn't Radical Dreamers released here in north america??and what was it like about type stuff.

((I just thought of something. They could release it with like FF3(japanese actual FF3), that would pwn))

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-02-03, 04:56 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "it was just a joke. I justed wanted to..."
Radical dreamers sucked anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-02-19, 08:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Radical dreamers sucked anyway."
Radical dreamers was more like a book than a game. It was mostly reading.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-02-19, 11:20 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Radical dreamers was more like a book..."
Rurouni Storm said:
Radical dreamers was more like a book than a game. It was mostly reading.
I saw that before.My friend had it downloaded on his computer.Just because it is a text adventure doesn't make it bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dan XIII