Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Devil May Cry
Posted 2007-12-23, 11:40 PM
So, am I the only one around here getting seriously amped to soon get my hands on the latest installment in the life of everyone's favorite anti-social demon hunter? Anyone seen the trailers, etc.?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2007-12-24, 05:32 AM in reply to Slim's post "Devil May Cry"
I've seen a few trailers, and I have to admit it looks like a good game, I'm just not a fan of the DMC franchise.

I'll probably be forced to play it when my friend gets a PS3 and the game comes out, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-24, 12:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've seen a few trailers, and I have to..."
Lenny said:
I've seen a few trailers, and I have to admit it looks like a good game, I'm just not a fan of the DMC franchise.

I'll probably be forced to play it when my friend gets a PS3 and the game comes out, though.
Why not a fan, Lenny?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2007-12-24, 01:18 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Why not a fan, Lenny?"
Because they're hack and slash, more than anything. And I've got to admit to them scaring me witless ina few parts.

I'm more a fan of RPGs, and FPSs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-24, 01:40 PM in reply to Slim's post "Devil May Cry"
I played the original, and can't get past the first boss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-24, 05:46 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I played the original, and can't get..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
I played the original, and can't get past the first boss.
Heh, if you think that one can be difficult, try the first boss in the 3rd one, they really throw you under the bus if it's your first trip to the series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2007-12-24, 06:32 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Heh, if you think that one can be..."
My mad skillz just aren't what they used to be since I had a hallucinogenic intervention experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-25, 10:38 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Heh, if you think that one can be..."
Slim said:
Heh, if you think that one can be difficult, try the first boss in the 3rd one, they really throw you under the bus if it's your first trip to the series.
You talking about the Reaper on stage 2? Or Cerberus?

By the way, I loved these games, and I'm fucking stoked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-12-30, 11:23 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "You talking about the Reaper on stage..."
Vault Dweller said:
You talking about the Reaper on stage 2? Or Cerberus?

By the way, I loved these games, and I'm fucking stoked.
The reaper, they throw you into that fight with minimal combat knowledge and the inability to airhike to escape that stupid slash of his. If I wasn't so determined to slash his face off I would have been pretty pissed off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2007-12-31, 05:04 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "The reaper, they throw you into that..."
Ive played the first and second one and i loved them but i could never play number 3 because my PS2 broke and i wish i had a 360 for the 4th one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mariofan

Posted 2007-12-31, 08:17 AM in reply to mariofan's post starting "Ive played the first and second one and..."
mariofan said:
Ive played the first and second one and i loved them but i could never play number 3 because my PS2 broke and i wish i had a 360 for the 4th one
It's not going to be on the 360, I believe that was just a mistranslation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2007-12-31, 09:08 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "It's not going to be on the 360, I..."
No, it is. Capcom sold out... "ooooh! Let's go from a fucking awesome game on a 25gb disc to something that has to be compressed to hell and back to fit on a single DVD, just so we can make a bit more cash and piss off all of our fans" is what they were thinking at the time, I believe... well, not me personally, because I couldn't give a monkeys, but that's the general idea.

And so, as these things typically go, they put DMC4 onto the 360 as the leading platform, leaving the fans and the platform on which the previous games had most success to make do with a game that, when it comes out, will be as good as 9gb goes on the 360, and a shitty port that you can't hold a candle to on the PS3. It's the typical EA scenario.

Thank the Gods that there are some developers (such as Midway and Criterion) who are starting to find out that it's a damn sight easier to port from PS3 to 360, and hence make a game that looks spectacular on the PS3, and looks that much better on the 360 because of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-12-31, 08:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "No, it is. Capcom sold out... "ooooh!..."
Wow, I'm really starting to get fed up with Capcom. Maybe RE5 will change my opinion? It damn well better..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2008-04-15, 01:32 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Wow, I'm really starting to get fed up..."
there is also a dmc animated series that i have not seen but i believe falls just before the fourth game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
priji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpriji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

priji