Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Gun laws?
Posted 2008-02-13, 12:12 PM
I'd like to hear both sides of the story, really.

I know that there are some that admire the constitution and want to uphold it word by word. As the 2nd amendment states, that everyone bares right to a gun. Now, take into consideration this was in the 1770's when the constitution was written and we were still under attack by our ex-enemies from the East.

I will place my opinions in later on, but really do you feel that Firearms, any type should be allowed in the States? There are so many angles to take on almost everything..

.....Discuss.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-13, 12:40 PM in reply to D3V's post "Gun laws?"
I'm a hick so I'm all for guns. A neighbor of mine just got his wrists and throat slit open with a razorblade. That's pretty fucking deadly in its own sense, so what would it matter if he was shot?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-13, 01:16 PM in reply to D3V's post "Gun laws?"
I'm going to be purchasing a firearm very soon.

i needz protection yo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-13, 07:03 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm going to be purchasing a firearm..."
I have several handguns and a Chinese SKS, I'll keep this comment short, basicly if you make it illegal to own and or carry fire arms then you make certain that criminals are the only ones with the guns, Also, You have two ways to get what you want, one is reason and negotiation, the other is force, if we as citizens retain and excersice our right to own and carry then that forces others to reason with us, take away the guns and our rights and property can be taken by force, and I'm not with that

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-14, 07:19 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I have several handguns and a Chinese..."
I'm not exactly sure where I stand on Gun Laws.

I mean there are so many sides of the argument really, I don't really feel that everyone should be entitled to a gun, hence criminals, ex-cons, people with violent backgrounds, etc. I think it should be somewhat harder to obtain a firearm, no matter what it is being that of a hunting rifle or handgun, whatever.

Also, being that most criminals aren't actually purchasing these guns from stores/gun shops they are usually stolen or bought stolen, so that aspect doesn't really help.

I think it's just the mentality of owning a gun, people act cocky with them, show them off way too much, like if I were to purchase one it would stay concealed in the same location and I wouldn't anybody probably other than my girlfriend know about it, or whomever is real close to me, family-etc.

That's just me though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-14, 08:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm not exactly sure where I stand on..."
I don't act cocky because of my weapons I cannot speak for others but when ever I get really angry, usually in traffic, I do sometimes let my thoughts sliip to blowing someone's head off, but in fact, my guns keep me grounded, sorta like nuclear weapons, I KNOW that I would win the arguement, and I immediatly calm down because I know that while that motherfucker would be dead, my life would also be over, and I'd have to sit in prison or even face the death penalty, Violent offenders, felons, domestic violence convicts cannot own guns, and actually carrying a conceaL and carry permit, you cannot let it be seen in public o r you could get a citation, while without the permit you can carry openly in public, except for crowded public areas like wal mart, carnivals, ect, You also are forbidden to carry concealed or otherwise a weapon into an establishment that either servs alcohol or prohibits the firearms in their venue

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-14, 08:44 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I don't act cocky because of my weapons..."
The reason I think the second amendment is antiquated and should be expunged:

Adrenachrome said:
I do sometimes let my thoughts sliip to blowing someone's head off,
Quote:
I KNOW that I would win the arguement,
The moment you take someone's life, you've lost the argument.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-20, 09:31 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I have several handguns and a Chinese..."
Adrenachrome said:
Chinese SKS
I have a Yugoslavian SKS (among other guns). Fun gun to shoot and cheap ammo ftw.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2008-04-20, 11:16 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "I have a Yugoslavian SKS :D (among..."
I'm neutral about guns on campus. I can see both ways and I'm definitely not expert enough to make a judgment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-21, 10:24 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm neutral about guns on campus. I..."
I don't care about guns or gun laws. In my opinion they are just like a hammer or a saw. A tool. Nothing more and nothing less.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog