Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Store won't put child's full name on cake: "Adolf Hitler Campbell"
Posted 2008-12-17, 07:58 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269290/?gt1=43001

Article said:
EASTON, Pa. - The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

No, you're not racist. You only legally named a kid "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell." That's only half-racist. Regardless of your views and opinions towards other people, why bring your kids into it? I swear, some people shouldn't be able to reproduce.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-17, 08:11 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Store won't put child's full name on..."
I think they should put the name on the cake regardless of what the stupid kids name is. Atleast they are saying they are going to raise their kid to like whomever they like. Then again, having Adolf as a name doesn't help. The parents and the bakery are both stupid as shit, and poor damn kids.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-17, 08:12 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think they should put the name on the..."
lol i laugh at this thread
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-12-17, 08:34 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Store won't put child's full name on..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269290/?gt1=43001

No, you're not racist. You only legally named a kid "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell." That's only half-racist. Regardless of your views and opinions towards other people, why bring your kids into it? I swear, some people shouldn't be able to reproduce.
Stupid parents are stupid.

And racist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-17, 09:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think they should put the name on the..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Atleast they are saying they are going to raise their kid to like whomever they like.
Right, right. Because I'm sure they are telling the truth in a nationally publicized news article. They previously wanted a swastika on their cake and named their kid Aryan Nation. I'm sure they're going to raise their kids to like people of all races! Not.

It's one thing to be proud of your race and embrace your heritage, it's another to do something completely radical and put a swastika on your 3 year old's birthday cake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-17, 09:36 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Right, right. Because I'm sure they are..."
A real racist would be proud of their way of thinking. These people are just trying to get to people. IRL trolls, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-17, 10:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "A real racist would be proud of their..."
Thanatos said:
Right, right. Because I'm sure they are telling the truth in a nationally publicized news article. They previously wanted a swastika on their cake and named their kid Aryan Nation. I'm sure they're going to raise their kids to like people of all races! Not.

It's one thing to be proud of your race and embrace your heritage, it's another to do something completely radical and put a swastika on your 3 year old's birthday cake.
It's just a name, is my point. Who cares what the kids name is, there shouldn't be any problems. Them not putting the stupid name on the cake is what started all of this problems. It's funny, because they went to Wal-Mart and they didn't object.

Barack Obama was criticized his entire presidential race because of his middle name, and TR I remember precisesly you agreeing that he should not be criticized for having Hussein as his middlename, but when some redneck kid's parents want to name their kid Adolf and have his name put on a fucking birthday cake, suddenly the tables are turned?

A bit hypocritical are we?

Now, I know you are going to say the two situations are completely different,and that I shouldn't even compare them. But when it really boils down to it, it's just a birthday cake.

K_A said:
A real racist would be proud of their way of thinking. These people are just trying to get to people. IRL trolls, IMO.
Exactly.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-17, 11:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's just a name, is my point. Who..."
From the stores point of view, getting a call like that sounds like some sort of sick prank call. But a name is just that, a name, and while a swastika is going too far, imo, they should have just written the name on the cake. Money is money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-12-17, 11:07 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "From the stores point of view, getting..."
I think the swastika shouldn't be allowed either, but the name? Who honestly cares.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-17, 11:09 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "From the stores point of view, getting..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
Money is money.

Not in America.

Money = Pieces of paper called "notes" that have no backing.

AKA Money = IOU's
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-17, 12:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's just a name, is my point. Who..."
It's just a name, is my point. Who cares what the kids name is, there shouldn't be any problems. Them not putting the stupid name on the cake is what started all of this problems. It's funny, because they went to Wal-Mart and they didn't object.

Barack Obama was criticized his entire presidential race because of his middle name, and TR I remember precisesly you agreeing that he should not be criticized for having Hussein as his middlename, but when some redneck kid's parents want to name their kid Adolf and have his name put on a fucking birthday cake, suddenly the tables are turned?

A bit hypocritical are we?

Now, I know you are going to say the two situations are completely different,and that I shouldn't even compare them. But when it really boils down to it, it's just a birthday cake.
I never once said he shouldn't get his name on his birthday cake. I said the swastika is too far and the parents shouldn't be involving their kids into their delusional views.

And yes, Obama's middle name is entirely irrelevant to this. Obama's father picked Hussein because it's a common name in his religion; no harm done. This kid's parents picked Adolf Hitler because they're racists. Two different scenarios.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-17, 12:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Store won't put child's full name on..."
Thanatos said:
I never once said he shouldn't get his name on his birthday cake. I said the swastika is too far and the parents shouldn't be involving their kids into their delusional views.

And yes, Obama's middle name is entirely irrelevant to this. Obama's father picked Hussein because it's a common name in his religion; no harm done. This kid's parents picked Adolf Hitler because they're racists. Two different scenarios.
Ah sorry, I figured your first response talking solely about the kids name was just implying something different.

And since when does naming your kid Adolf Hitler make you racist? Last time I checked, 'jew' was not a selection of race.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-17, 02:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah sorry, I figured your first response..."
And since when does naming your kid Adolf Hitler make you racist? Last time I checked, 'jew' was not a selection of race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch

Read that.

If someone names one of their kids "Adolf Hitler" and another "Aryan Nation," do you seriously believe that they are NOT a racist? If you don't think that's racist, you're either trolling or retarded, most likely both.

It's just as racist as people in the south that wear confederate flags, drive cars with confederate flags on them, etc, and claim that all they are doing is "representing their ancestors". 99% of them are doing it because they're ignorant racists. I was raised around these people, they're full of shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-17, 02:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah sorry, I figured your first response..."
Are you dense? Hitler hated everyone that wasn't a part of the Aryan Nation (ie: white people with blonde hair and blue eyes). You're trying to tell me Hitler wasn't racist?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-17, 02:50 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Are you dense? Hitler hated everyone..."
No, I'm saying the Jewish RELIGION is not a race. You guys are skewed.

http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofju...eingjewish.htm

Quote:
Being Jewish is not a race

Being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races have become Jewish people over the years.

Being Jewish is not a nationality

Being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. People of many different nationalities are Jewish.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2008-12-17 at 02:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-17, 02:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "No, I'm saying the Jewish RELIGION is..."
No shit, sherlock. Did you not even read our posts? Hitler just didn't hate Jews, he hated everyone not considered an Aryan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-17, 03:30 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No shit, sherlock. Did you not even..."
How about we go with the word "prejudice" ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-17, 03:46 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No shit, sherlock. Did you not even..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Hitler just didn't hate Jews, he hated everyone not considered an Aryan.
This, but with better grammar.

Hitler didn't just hate Jews, he hated everyone not considered an Aryan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-18, 10:59 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This, but with better grammar. ..."
Which isn't racist, it's prejudice.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-18, 11:00 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This, but with better grammar. ..."
Scenario #1:

Son: "Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Shanika Thompson.
Dad: "..."
Mom: *whispering to dad* "Quick, hide the silverware!"

Scenario #2:

Son: "Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Andrea Goldberg."
Dad: "I HAVE NO SON!"
Mom: "Oh lord! Where did I go wrong!?"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer